Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

juggyE thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Thats interesting... thanks zapman ji...
punjini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: adwarakanath

Actually, the two taans in Madhuban Mein Radhika Nache Re was done by Nirmala Devi, Govinda's mother, I believe.

Am logging on to india-forums after 2 days! Here, in an Internet kiosk in Malaysia, it feels good to log on to this site - it's like finding friends in the middle of nowhere!

Regarding 'Madhuban mein Radhika naache" the taans were in a male voice - how can it be Nirmala Devi?

giggles_2005 thumbnail
Pt. Ravi Shankar composed for the movie Anuradha...the one with Balraj Sahni and Leela Naidu...I love the song jaane kaise sapno mein kho gayi akhiyan from the movie...
He has also given the score for none other than Pather Panchali!
musicpulse thumbnail
Originally posted by: adwarakanath

I had initially thought it was Ust. Amir Khan. Then someone told me it was Nirmala Devi

It is, relax...I will try to give you a link.😕

juggyE thumbnail
Originally posted by: giggles_2005

Pt. Ravi Shankar composed for the movie Anuradha...the one with Balraj Sahni and Leela Naidu...I love the song jaane kaise sapno mein kho gayi akhiyan from the movie...
He has also given the score for none other than Pather Panchali!

Dont forget the Lata classic "saanware saanware" from Anuradha. This song is not picturized on anyone (as far as I can remember) but comes up during the credits (pretty much similar to "garjat barsat" from Barsaat ki Raat)...
giggles_2005 thumbnail
Originally posted by: chukkna

I met Ustad Sultan Khan saheb in a house concert here at my friend's place. He is a genious. He sung many songs including Piya Basanti and Albela sajan aayo and also gave a demo lecture on Sarangi. He shared his experience as a sarangi player in the film industry etc.

It is an unforgettable evening.

Thanks chukkna...I love his piya Basanti re...such an earthy voice...He has also composed for Richard Attenborrough's Gandhi , I believe.

jhsurti thumbnail
Originally posted by: musicpulse

It is, relax...I will try to give you a link.😕

It IS Ust. Amir Khan

juggyE thumbnail
Originally posted by: zapman

Ustad Zakir Hussain (movie "In Custody / Muhaffiz"

Ust Zakir Hussain for one of the 4 composers for the movie Saaz as well...
*Jaya* thumbnail
Pandit RaviShankar, along with his compositions for 'Anuradha', was also the composer of Satyajit Ray's first classic 'Pather Panchali' - the background score of that movie still haunts me... 😳 The musical genius of Panjit'ji along with the cinematic brilliance of Ray created magic in celluloid... 👏 👏 👏
jhsurti thumbnail
Originally posted by: jayc1234

Pandit RaviShankar, along with his compositions for 'Anuradha', was also the composer of Satyajit Ray's first classic 'Pather Panchali' - the background score of that movie still haunts me... 😳 The musical genius of Panjit'ji along with the cinematic brilliance of Ray created magic in celluloid... 👏 👏 👏

Pt. Ravishankar gave music for some other films as well -

Gandhi
Godaan
Meera
Apur Sansar
Aparajito
Dharti ke lal