Music Corner

A Tribute to Himesh Reshammiya (FANCLUB)

teenindia_usa thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

AnimateHR.gif

AnimateFC.gif

An article posted on web!!!!!!!!!!!
Himesh Reshammiya everywhere 20-Feb-2006

When I switch on the TV..I see a guy singing with tears in his eyes, heavy beard and wearing cap….when I change the channel..I see the same guy singing around the girls…when I switch to another channel, I see the same guy dancing with Emraan Hashmi, Dino Morea and Udita Goswami…

Car tapes are silent without his songs, parties are not complete without his dance tracks…

Talking about the Singer, Music Director Himesh Reshammiya….in his early days he used to look like some sad person with no tears on his face but now he looks more of serious but always with tears in his eyes..(I have no idea why he is shown in tears in most of his songs) but whatever it is, his songs are on lips of every youngster…

I am not saying this because his songs are being played all the time on TV..but I have noticed it all the time…couple of youngsters stay in my society..I always see them playing his songs (The new album)….I had gone to a party few days back…and the songs from the movie Aksar made everyone dance like anything…(Music was by him)….ofcourse there were other songs too but compared to other music directors more of his songs are being played everywhere…

I have never noticed any music director giving hits one after another…hats off to him….he will definitely become one of the India's most wanted music
directors.

www.topix.net/who/himesh-reshammiya(his website if want to reply to him)

lets_rock_461.gif

Regular Members of the fanclub:

Jem4Himesh

teenindia_usa

HR ki sayyoni

Sarkar

badibanga

Celina7

bigmouth

sweetdisha

annu1611

Rules of Fanclub:

Please check last few pages before you post an article/interview to ensure that it hasn't already been posted.

Please do not double post too much - use the edit button.

Please do not post pictures here please post them in the picture gallery which is here https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/237321

Edited by Jem4Himesh - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

teenindia_usa thumbnail
HR PROFILE:

Filmography as Music Director, Playback Singer

As Music Director
Dharam-Veer (2007)
Benaam (2006)
Milenge Milenge (2006)
Phir Hera Pheri (2006)
Banaras (2006)
Shaadi Se Pehle (2006)
Tom Dick and Harry (2006)
36 China Town (2006)
Apne (2006)
Aksar (2006)
Ahista Ahista (2006)
Good Boy Bad Boy (2006)
Anjaane (2005)
Mohabbat Ki Kii Kiii (2005)
Sipaahi (2005)
Dil Maange More (2005)
Yakeen (2005)
Insan (2005)
Kuchh Meetha Ho Jaye (2005)
Silsiilay (2005)
Maine Pyar Kyun Kiya? (2005)
Garam Masala (2005)
Main Aisa Hi Hoon (2005)
12' O Clock (2005)
Vaada (2005)
Blackmail (2005)
Nigehbaan (2005)
Aashiq Banaya Aapne (2005)
Kyon Ki (2005)
Vaah! Life Ho To Aisi (2005)
Aabra Ka Daabra (2004)
Bardaasht (2004)
Tum (2004)
Aitraaz (2004)
Run (2004)
Taarzan - The Wonder Car (2004)
Woh (2003)
Chura Liyaa Hai Tumne (2003)
Ishq Hai Tumse (2003)
Zameen (2003)
Tere Naam (2003)
Kyaa Dil Ne Kahaa (2002)
Yeh Hai Jalwa (2002)
Humraaz (2002)
Chalo Ishq Ladaye (2002)
Jodi No.1 (2001)
Aamdani Atthani Kharcha Rupaiya (2001)
Dulhan Hum Le Jayenge (2000)
Kurukshetra (2000)
Kahin Pyaar Na Ho Jaaye (2000)
Hello Brother (1999)
As Playback Singer
Aksar (2006)
Aashiq Banaya Aapne (2005)

Profile Filmography Interview Awards & Nominations
Picture Gallery Wallpapers   Screensaver   E-C ards
Edited by teenindia_usa - 18 years ago
teenindia_usa thumbnail
Himesh Reshammiya cuts own album (post on the net)

It's been success all the way for Himesh Reshammiya and the music director has entered 2006 with a bang - he's just released his first solo album.

Titled "Aap Ka Suroor", it's out on the T-Series label and has 11 tracks.

So is this the beginning of a new career as a singer for the music director? Is Himesh going to focus on his singing, just like other composers who strayed into singing like R.D. Burman, Bappi Lahiri and Anu Malik?

"Nothing like that," says Himesh. "I have too much work as a composer to concentrate on singing. When I sang in 'Aashiq Banaya Aapne', I never imagined the song would be such a rage. After that I am repeatedly asked to sing. But I am being very selective. I'll sing for my films only when I want to.

"Whatever my singing aspirations are, you'll hear them in 'Aap Ka Suroor'. It's no run-of-the-mill album."

But will Himesh break the jinx on music directors who cut their own non-film albums?

Even R.D. Burman's "Pantera", now considered a collector's item and ahead of its times, failed. (IANS)

teenindia_usa thumbnail
Pulsating video for TOM, DICK AND HARRY!
By Manissha Despaande, Bollywood Trade News Network
     Send to Friend

In keeping with the latest trends where a promotional video can set the ball rolling for a film, director Deepak Tijori has shot a hip and happening music video for his forthcoming film, TOM DICK AND HARRY. Tijori recently shot View On the Sets - TOM DICK & HARRY Picture Gallerythe video on a pulsating number 'Jhoom Jhoom', specially recorded by Himesh Reshammiya at a hugely erected set in Filmalaya studio, with 800 other dancers gyrating to the beats of the song. The video, choreographed by Remo Fernandes, has been picturized on Dino Morea, Jimmy Shergill and Anuj Sawhney, (who play the three principal characters of Tom, Dick and Harry in the film), besides Celina Jaitley and Himesh Reshammiya, who will also be seen in the video. Interestingly, the three will be seen as proper heroes in the video, unlike the characters they play in the film of a deaf, dumb and blind, besides Celina Jaitley and Himesh Reshammiya. Says Tijori, "The idea is to show them in their real avatars. I also specially chose to have Himesh Reshamiya in the video to make the audience aware that he is very much a part of the film."

The video was shot in one day from 9 in the night till pack-up at midnight and according to Tijori, all those who participated had a ball of a time. Tijori points out that he made elaborate plans to shoot the video, right from hiring an art-director to design the set, to hiring 800 other dancers to swing to Remo's dance Send Bluffmaster Ecards movements. "The set was given the look of an underground den with a few hi-tech bikes stationed there. It was perfectly designed for the occasion," he recalls. The exercise cost the producers, Oracle Entertainment, a whopping Rs 20 lakhs but Tijori points out that it was every bit worth the cost. "The producers were totally supportive of it. In fact they were absolutely bowled over by the idea. They also felt that it would be the ideal way to kick off the publicity campaign of the film. Besides it has become the in thing these days to have slick promotional music videos to get the much desired 'initial' for a film. Even in the case of BLUFF MASTER, it was the 'Right Here, Right Now' number that initiated the extraordinary response for the film at the box-office," Tijori elucidates.

View AKSAR Premiere Picture GalleryAccording to him, it was music director Himesh Reshammiya who came up with the idea of recording a breezy number for the promotional campaign of the film. "It was entirely his brain wave. He had already recorded four great songs for the film and he came up with this fantastic number, which seemed like an absolute sell-out. We recorded the number in one go and immediately added it to the CDs of the film, after which we decided to shoot it," Tijori recalls.

He has now decided to add the video as part of the film in its titles. "It has shaped up so well that I want it to be a part of the film," Tijori enthuses. Moreover he is extra confident that the audiences will not give his film a miss this time. "The problem with most films these days is that the audience is not curious enough to come down to the theatres and give them a chance to succeed. I have suffered in my past films only on account of this factor. This time, I decided that I did not want to take any chances. The 'Jhoom Jhoom' number will more than take care of this factor," he quips.

The promotional video of TOM DICK AND HARRY, will be on the air from next week.

View On t
Jem4Himesh thumbnail
Himesh Reshamiya rocks back
By MIO Team
Mar 04, 2006, 08:23

Noted filmmaker Subhash Ghai always reaches out for perfection. He is particular that he chooses the right cast and crew for his films. So, selection of Himesh Reshamiya as the music director of his new film 'Shaadi Se Pehle' rocked Bollywood. And the music director did not disappoint anyone by composing soulful music. 

Director of the film Satish Kaushik said that Himesh has composed unique and soulful music for 'Shaadi Se Pehle'. He added that his favorite song is the romantic number titled "Kabhi puchho toh batayein", though all songs are good. This song sequence has Ayesha and Akshay Khanna.

Jem4Himesh thumbnail
Aap Kaa Surroor, another winner for Himesh
By MIO Team
Feb 28, 2006, 06:37

Himesh Reshammiya is all over the place! His music is contagious and is giving people hysteria, with his tracks topping the charts again and again with no intention to give anybody else a chance. As a singer too Himesh has proved his credibility and the best thing is that he has also bagged the Filmfare awards now for the best singer. That says it all about him! And so when his self-composed and self-sung first private album 'Aap Kaa Surroor' has become a rage of sorts it doesn't come as a surprise to us.

The whole nation is upbeat about the album and are rocking and grooving with the tracks. Himesh's musical expedition, which began with 'Aashiq banaya' and 'Aap ki kashish' last year, turned more striking this year with 'Jhalak' and 'Soniye'. And his album 'Aap Kaa Surroor' is like a crown to his head now. The album is loaded with 11 main tracks, nine remixes and seven unplugged numbers and all are smashing the music charts big time.

And for his fans there is good news. Himesh as a singer has just began and there will be more 1,000 tracks coming up from him this year. For the recent ones, look forward to 'Shaadi Se Pehle', '36 China Town', films with David Dhawan, Anees Bazmee and more.

Jem4Himesh thumbnail
Himesh Reshammiya strums another chartbuster
By MIO Team
Feb 24, 2006, 09:51

There is no stopping Himesh Reshammiya! He rocked the music scene and the charts with the music of Aashiq Banaya Apne and consecutively with Aksar. He is gearing up once again to head for the tops with Tom Dick And Harry's 'Jhoom Jhoom'. With this freaky, funky and non-stop foot tapping number, Himesh claims his dominance on the music charts once again. And more better as a singer, as this is the third hit song in a row in his voice that is on its way to strike gold. Along with Himesh will also feature in the video with Dino Morea, Anuj Saawhney, Jimmy Shergill, Celina Jaitley and Kim Sharma.

Himesh surely has a success formula that never fails!

Edited by Jem4SRK - 18 years ago
Sarkar thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Dancing to the beat

Himesh Reshammiya, Bollywood's hottest composer began his career nearly 10 years ago, with ANDAZ.  He was a producer for TV serials and could compose hit title tracks.  He has put in nearly 1500 hours for Zee TV alone.  Himesh entered films when he composed a chart topping number for the flick PYAAR KIYA TO DARNA KYA in 1998.  Two years later, he got his first solo break with DULHAN HUM LE HAYENGE.  In an industry which is severe with music composers, insiders and producers have noticed that Himesh's numbers strike the right note with the audience through the flicks themselves are total losers.

He smashed all records with his music for TERE NAAM (2003), which has remained a best seller for over a year while the promos of his next project DIL NE JISSE APNA KAHAA hit TV screens.  A truly unprecedented record for any composer!  Both raga based melody and youthful peppy numbers come easily with this hard-working composer.  While JULIE has already become a hit and TAARZAN-THE WONDER CAR slated to become another hit, the young composer is confident of becoming numero uno of Bollywood.

The composer opines that his music usually has a strong melodic base, while it is also tailored to a situation. The success of JULIE has also ensured the success of its music.  HUMRAAZ, which marked a turning point in his career, had fresh and youthful music, with haunting melodies since the film was a thriller.  After the hit of this movie, he has teamed up one again with Abbas-Mastan for TARZAN-THE WONDER CAR.  For this flick, he did a lot of sound design and with many instruments.  Of course, the composer quickly points out that melody is the backbone of music, not the orchestra or the number of instruments.

He is very happy that his music does well, irrespective of the film's success at the box office.  Himesh tries to compose at least two to three tunes every morning using imaginary situations, since some producers demand good songs in a jiffy.  Therefore his music bank contains a few thousand tunes.  This has proved to be of great use to him, because only very few filmmakers give a long time for the background score and songs to be finished.    

TERE NAAM has been one of the best selling soundtracks in the last seven or eight years.  He is grateful to his producers, to director Satish Kaushik and of course, Salman khan for giving him a great deal of freedom while composing the music.  Himesh is quick to brush aside accusations that his music has a very strong flavour, reminding one of Nadeem-Shravan's music. He points out that perhaps their music is subconsciously present in his mind.  In the present scenario, a music director is known only by his last film.  Therefore, Himesh is very serious about his films. Besides, good music is very successful in fighting piracy.  His future projects include Boney kapoor's MILENGE MILENGE and an untitled venture with Salman.

teenindia_usa thumbnail

Here is an interview thst HR has given (it may havebeen posted elsewhere)However this is now is HR's  thread at sa re ga ma pa where we all may talk on HR his accomplishments and post articles and so on. So please use this as a safe haven.

I'm not here to displace anyone: Himesh Reshamiyya
by Subhash K Jha

For a man who virtually came in from the cold, Himesh Reshamiyya's career in 2005 –2006 is a rocking roster of chartbusters.

"I don't now how it happened," he says modestly . "But the journey has been quite exciting, especially in the last one year when the big banners suddenly woke up to me."

Earlier Himesh was one of the also-rans, waiting at the fringes of the charts where Anu Malik, Jatin-Lalit and later Shankar-Ehsan-Loy ruled the roost. Tere Naam in 2004 was a turning point.

"I owe that score and a lot of the other things that I compose to Laxmikant-Pyarelal. They're my idols and role-models. Unfortunately that's not the sound that today's average listener wants to hear. I realized that when Just chill and Aashiq banaya aapne hit the charts."

Aashiq banaya with Himesh handling the nasal sufi vocals himself, is the biggest single of 2005. And now he has won two popular awards for playback singer for the song.

"It really became big….yes, bigger than I had ever thought. It's being played in every pub and party. I'm flattered and pleased. The good innings that started with Aitraaz last year really grew this year. But I realize the profile of music listeners has changed considerably.

"Today the average listener is aged 23, and he downloads music from his computer. My songs have to be targeted at that 23-year old dude. That's the only way a film score can work."

Hence the sufi-rock sounds of Aashiq Banaya Aapne….One hears the same sound from Himesh at year-end in Ananth Mahadevan's Aksar.

"Yes I realize that. But that's it. I'm not going to pursue that sound beyond this year. I like to create a sound , and then leave it behind. This year you'll hear a totally different sound from me in Abbas-Mustan's China Town, Satish Kaushik's Shaadi Se Pehle , Priyadarshan's Phir Hera Pheri, Anil Sharma'a Apne and Dharmesh Darshan's Aap Ki Khatir."

Dharmesh is a significant Himesh convert. So far both the Darshan brothers, Suneel and Dharmesh have sworn by the sounds of Nadeem Shravam . Nadeem had done such chartbusters as Raja Hindustani and Dhadkan for Dharmesh's cinema. Several filmmakers like David Dhawan who swore by Anu Malik's sounds have also made a sly switch to Himesh.

Himesh shrugs off the melodist's mantle. "I'm not here to displace anyone. I'd be happy just doing my work …My time has been divided between composing for around 6-7 assignments and serving as a judge on the music contest Sa Re Ga Ma Pa ."

He's is extremely pleased with the quality of singing he has heard on Sa Re Ga Ma Pa. " One of the contestants Vinit Singh has already sung for me in Rocky . I definitely plan to use other voices, like Himani Kapoor who's outstanding.

"We're a nation of singers. All Indians don't watch films. But do you know anyone who doesn't listen to Lataji, Ashaji, Mohd Rafi Saab and Kishore Kumar?"

Himesh's Top 5
1.Aashiq banaya apne (Title song)
2.Just chill (Maine Pyar Kyun Kiya)
3. Aadat ho chuki (Koi Aap Sa)
4.Aap ka suroor (title song)
5. Tera jism odh loon(Kyun Ki…)
Back to Top      View uknaik99's Profile Search for other posts by uknaik99 Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
teenindia_usa thumbnail
Is it true that HR made a movie? Is it the same HR?

Ishq Hai Tumse
This is the story of two friends - one Hindu and the other Muslim. Their friendship is a unique example of religious tolerance and national integrity. Their families are so close to each other that they look like one big happy family, without bothering about their different religions.

Once when the families meet each other during a marriage ceremony, the youngest son of the Hindu friend (Dino Morea) falls in love with the youngest daughter of the Muslim friend (Bipasha Basu). It is almost love at first sight. A few days pass off without the lovers expressing their feelings. When Dino is supposed to go back home, he makes an endeavor to express his love to Bipasha. But at this juncture, his father falls ill and is rushed to hospital with kidney failure. Mighty friendship between the lovers' fathers turns mightiest when Bipasha's father donates his kidney to save Dino's father from premature death.

With this Dino realizes the depth of friendship between the two friends and fears that if he expresses his love for Bipasha, it may lead to the breakup of friendship between the two friends. So he keeps his love for Bipasha to himself and does not say a word to any one. The boy turns gloomy while the girl is abstained by her shyness to express her feelings. The lovers part forlorn.

The alienated lovers meet once again, but the time is already up as its Bipasha's marriage. Will the Hindu boy be able to express his love to the Muslim girl? Will their parents accept their love and agree to their marriage?

ISHQ HAI TUMSE (U) 2 hours 28 mins

Spoken language - Hindi

Contains no sex, violence or bad language

Year Released
Director
Himesh Reshammiya
Star Profile
Dino Morea
Bipasha Basu
Buy Posters!
www.posters.co.uk