Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Sanjana Kapoor: Hidden gem of the Kapoor family

IHeartDeepika thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Sanjana Kapoor: Hidden gem of the Kapoor family

Shashi Kapoor and Jennifer Kendal's daughter, Sanjana Kapoor has been running her grandfather's Prithvi Theatre in Mumbai since 1993. Talent and beauty personified, Sanjana has always come across as self-assured, grounded and filled with a very real sense of purpose. Notably, she always shied away from using any association with her famous uncles or cousins (or her illustrious roots on her mother's side) to benefit herself or the theatre.

Sanjana dabbled a bit in films when she was younger, but soon realized she was cut out for something else. She is stunning to behold for sure and has the trademark Kapoor features. But in my opinion what makes her so incredibly unique and beautiful is the fact that she doesn't seem to know it! Sanjana wears cotton salwars and sarees, haphazardly pulls her hair back and wears little to no make up. She comes off very well-spoken in interviews and even though she has such legendary roots, she seems extremely relatable.

Sanjana is 44 years old today and plans to give up the reins of Prithvi Theatre in 2012 to start a new project. To me she will always be a rare treasure in the Kapoor family. Her cousins Karisma, Kareena and Ranbir are all hard working, driven individuals, but there is part of them that seems to relish in the media attention and the glamour of being a celebrity (which I don't blame them for one bit). Sanjana on the other hand has accomplished so much without receiving anything in return. Let's be honest, there can't be that much money or fame running a theatre company, compared to being a worldwide star.

So here's to Sanjana Kapoor, the silent star of the Kapoor family. For her dedication to keeping theatre alive in Mumbai and her self-reliance in a town where nepotism runs wild. May she always be happy and continue to do what she loves.

http://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainmenttags/kapoor-family/sanjana-kapoor-hidden-gem-kapoor-family

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mommytobe thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Sanjana is gorgeous.. best of luck for her future endeavors
Mistyy thumbnail
all kapoor girls have similar features, she looks so much like kareena

anyways, she is also beautiful. Good luck to her, she is doing some good work.
oh my!She is pretty...

Very very pretty she resembles Kareena a little. 
Yuvika_15 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
she is pretty... i hpe mre attention is given 2 her work... becos the kapoor family is 1 big family bt its the sme ppl tht r always talked abt, der r sum tht r yt 2 b discovered n talked abt... so wt if they aint in BW if they r duin gr8 work else wer it shud b acknowledged...
NautankiSaali17 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 7
oh wow she is so pretty...😳
Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
her mom is white so she looks more like her mom and she kind of looks like kareena also
fly2me thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Awh!👏 Hidden gem, indeed.
She is gorgeous and best of luck to her on her new project.
desigrl05 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

i love how she seems downtoearth even after being a "kapoor"