•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 18 years ago
Sonia's rescue act
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   March 18, 2006

Sonia Kapuur
Sonia Kapuur (Sonia of Remix and Naina of Kaisa Yeh Pyar Hai) is doing a last-minute rescue act in place of model-actress Gauhar Khan, in Kya Kare Control Nahi Hota.

This Hindi play inspired by Basu Chatterjee's film Shaukeen takes a funny look at two 50-plus men (played by Paintal and Sudhir Pandey) who are out to have fun without their wives.

Contract clause

There are two shows of the drama lined up in Dubai this month. Khan is walking the ramp at the Lakme Fashion Week in Mumbai. Not only are the dates of the plays clashing, but as per her contract with the fashion event, she cannot be part of any other project.

"Yes, I will be unable to be part of these shows," says Khan, who made her theatre debut with this play. "As the Fashion Week ends on April 1, there is no way I can be in Dubai at the same time," adds Khan, who also anchors the celeb show, Page 3, for Zoom.

Says Kapuur, "I would normally not take on such an assignment but as I know the producer (Nirav Parekh) and the writer-director (Parritosh Painter) well, I agreed to step in for Gauhar. I will only be part of their Dubai shows."

Kapuur made her debut on stage in December, with Yeh Tedha Ghar Yeh Medha Ghar. This comedy, too, is produced by the Kya Kare duo. "As it is the same team, it is a familiar set-up and I am comfortable enacting someone else's role."

She has not seen Kya Kare Control Nahin Hota, which opened in June last year. "In one way, it is good as there are no preconceived notions. I will play the character as I see it." Playing the character of Pinky in the play, she has two men lusting after her. The cast also includes Sheela Sharma, Amit Behl, Ravi Gosain and Aruna Sangal

http://ww1.mid-day.com/hitlist/2006/march/133227.htm
thanksssssssss ......... i luvvvvvvvvvv sonia aunty .......... she rocks ..........
thnxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanx sonia aunty is looking AWESOME!!! 😃
Saff and Evathegreat Soniya ko aunty mat kaho na 😆 😳 . Thnx for posting. U rock Monica. 👏
thanxx a lot monica...sonia aunty abhi aunty bhi nahi hue...and u guyz r callin her aunty.....not good 😆
wooooow thnx monika sonia looks awesome 😳
but now if she goes to dubai how will she shoot for remix?
yeah first of all kukreja is missing now sonya is missing again 😭 pls in dono ko vapas la do or else we will be tortured watching bhootni shyla all over again 🤢
yea hw will she shoot 4 remix!
im sure she'll do really well tho!but she will be missed!