Posted: 18 years ago

After watching SRGMP with so much of passion, I just had a thought..what prompted these youn 17 - 19 year olds to take part in such a nation wide musical competition ?

Taking part in singing competitions in schools, universities is fine, but on such a national level to try to make an entry into an industry which is alreayd overflowing with talent?

I was reading one of Hema's early interviews where I read that he is a state level skating champion.. and he is supposed to be good in studies.. Nihira is supposed to be very good in her studies...

Karunya left his engineering studies to take part in Indian Idol..

basically, they gave up comfortable lives to a life which is going to be filled with some sort of struggle or the other.. Why do you think they made that choice?

And if you had a good voice but u r still in the middle of ur education, would you take part in SRGMP and II ?

And if you have kids of that age, would u let ur kids take part ?
It depends on your passion. SOme kids see more fame in ths line..THe competition today is way too tough. Not everyone can get in to IIT. Kids today see fame and money coming to them easily if they thave this additional talent. Clearing exam is taking them where?????????? The great ex competitors are making more money then some of the eng. who are from reputed institutes like THaper or Manipal etc. As a teenager who doesnot want to be in lime light and get success if they get this paltforms.
Yes if my kids are talented like HEMA or Nihira..i will let them compete..that too if they want it too...
My time we had to only study and the goal used to only one..IIT or for my sis... she had to clear MBBS in Merrut MBBS ..now things are changing..I am out of the country for more then 10 yrs and just go as a visitor every year. THis is what i seen in my niece and nephew that are willing to try new things like fashion design/interior designing coure etc..we could not even dream as were considered useless.I could not dream telling my parents that i want to music as a career..I would have been out on road right aways.

With the changes I feel that youngsters are motivated by its glamour and then due to their passion to it. Parents also seem open to other options now...My opninon only..could be wrong as i said been out for so long.

it depends...

see if u were to go out of 1000's of people u would be contesting knowing that only one of them would win....if u are brave and confident and know that u are likely to win then i would say go for it..... if u just want to live your life and be good then why would u stop your studies to go in a competition.....if you would have went into the finals like karunya hema nihira vinit and others then you are very lucky..... u left your studies because u know you will go high and look at them now they are in the film industry...!!!

if i were to give advice to someone about this i would say "if you can do it, go for it and im sure you'll succeed"
Originally posted by Swar_Raj

It depends on your passion. SOme kids see more fame in ths line..THe competition today is way too tough. Not everyone can get in to IIT. Kids today see fame and money coming to them easily if they thave this additional talent. Clearing exam is taking them where?????????? The great ex competitors are making more money then some of the eng. who are from reputed institutes like THaper or Manipal etc. As a teenager who doesnot want to be in lime light and get success if they get this paltforms.
Yes if my kids are talented like HEMA or Nihira..i will let them compete..that too if they want it too...
My time we had to only study and the goal used to only one..IIT or for my sis... she had to clear MBBS in Merrut MBBS ..now things are changing..I am out of the country for more then 10 yrs and just go as a visitor every year. THis is what i seen in my niece and nephew that are willing to try new things like fashion design/interior designing coure etc..we could not even dream as were considered useless.I could not dream telling my parents that i want to music as a career..I would have been out on road right aways.

With the changes I feel that youngsters are motivated by its glamour and then due to their passion to it. Parents also seem open to other options now...My opninon only..could be wrong as i said been out for so long.

well said and i liked your siggy...😳

thats y i asked this question.. i've grown up all my life outside india.. n go there for a vacation... i am from hyd.. and everytime i go there i see more engineerin unis opening up..the entrance xam madness et cet c..

n in all this..talented kids like hema n nihira come up n wanna be different..do they have ta tmuch confindence in their singing ? coz thts a great thing..
Originally posted by madhavir108

thats y i asked this question.. i've grown up all my life outside india.. n go there for a vacation... i am from hyd.. and everytime i go there i see more engineerin unis opening up..the entrance xam madness et cet c..

n in all this..talented kids like hema n nihira come up n wanna be different..do they have ta tmuch confindence in their singing ? coz thts a great thing..

that is great to have talent like them they have a huge gift and i thank them for showing that to the rest of the world...

and yes i have grown up away from india and i am from hyd also so yea the city changes a lot...
Thanks Sweety

MAdhavi yes if they have the talent that they think is could be unique..then only they will go there..it starts from school ..were u always competing and winning?????
then screening is done..not everyone comes on this platform. If you get selected out of those lakhs of contestants and make to top 20..your sacrifice was worth it, so before u give up your school , u have time to prove your self ...

plus the way to look towards these fields has broaden even in the parents. They are proud to bring their kids in this field openly. Acting/sining has different meaning now then what it had before.....

So kids are out in open trying different things See to a parent their kid is always best..but if u are selected by the people and other judges...then u are really special.

See I always adored these kids..was aginst the mentors but stayed away bad mouthing them as they are still learning....they all had talent to reach up this high...plus they are celebrity now..so if they thing their sacrifice was worth it..then it was....they should really have no regrets in losing a year on this platform.

Strange,... i am not from Hyderabad..but do go there most of the time to visit my brother who works for BHEL in hyderabad 😆

Thanks Sweety

MAdhavi yes if they have the talent that they think is could be unique..then only they will go there..it starts from school ..were u always competing and winning?????
then screening is done..not everyone comes on this platform. If you get selected out of those lakhs of contestants and make to top 20..your sacrifice was worth it, so before u give up your school , u have time to prove your self ...

plus the way to look towards these fields has broaden even in the parents. They are proud to bring their kids in this field openly. Acting/sining has different meaning now then what it had before.....

So kids are out in open trying different things See to a parent their kid is always best..but if u are selected by the people and other judges...then u are really special.

See I always adored these kids..was aginst the mentors but stayed away bad mouthing them as they are still learning....they all had talent to reach up this high...plus they are celebrity now..so if they thing their sacrifice was worth it..then it was....they should really have no regrets in losing a year on this platform.

i agree with u...
let me tell u my point of view as i will be taking part in the next SRGMP series, after EMAET..

It is always the HOPE that makes u go in there... The hope... The hope of winning the contest and getting that fame.. It is always the hope... Passion is always there, and passion can make you go to small university/school contests.. but its the hope that makes you join others and gives you confidence. The hope that i will win SRGMP gives me great confidence. Haarna aur jeetna tho baad mein aathi hain... After you take part..