Debate Mansion

Is fake sympathy right? - Page 5

Majority thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
This content was originally posted by-mermaid_QT

Well in that tormenting situation, anything is worth accepting, may it be pity.But in more occasional scenarios such as missing bus / train, it is just an sympathy a stranger going through the same situation can extend. Sympathy is not an over-rated emotion and everybody has the capacity to sympathize.. and I don;t mean faking it.

Why do you have to be sympathised with if you miss the bus? It's no big deal, is it?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sowmyaa thumbnail
This content was originally posted by-Neelu.RoX

When people are sick or have a problem. People tend to show fake love or sympathy to that personeven though that is the person you hate most in life or you dont even know at all.

Is it right to show fake love or sympathyfor someone?

I don not think its right to show fake love or fake sympathyto a person because then you just lead that person on when you dont even care about them in real.

I think it is fine. Atleast for me sympathy be it fake when I am sick works like a charm 😛 If sick person feels better with your symapthy and love...why not? 😉
Majority thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by-sowmyaa

I think it is fine. Atleast for me sympathy be it fake when I am sick works like a charm 😛 If sick person feels better with your symapthy and love...why not? 😉

Another name for hypocrisy?
sowmyaa thumbnail
This content was originally posted by-Jatayu

Another name for hypocrisy?

Nope..not hypocrisy, it's a medicine and encouragement for ones who are down 😳
mermaid_QT thumbnail
This is an interesting aspect!
I think that just that you showed up to cheer the sick people itself qualifies you to hold real sympathy (could be bare minimal). In that sense, it was not fake sympathy to begin with ? 😊 and hence neither is it wrong / hypocricy.

Hypocricy and fake sympathy is when you food poison someone and then sympathize when the person gets sick / or when someone else food poisons someone you dislike and you pretend to feel bad while you are elated inside 😆. just a thought.

Edited by mermaid_QT - 17 years ago
mermaid_QT thumbnail
This content was originally posted by-mermaid_QT

Hypocricy and fake sympathy is when you food poison someone and then sympathize when the person gets sick / or when someone else food poisons someone you dislike and you pretend to feel bad while you are elated inside 😆. just a thought.

Such thoughts??  Watching lesser Zee TV may help the person quoted above 😉
~priya~ thumbnail

This content was originally posted by-loonytunes

Personally, I think fake sympathy is perfectly acceptable. I prefer it to the now "in-your-face-rudeness" attitude that people have today. It's sickening. Sure your sympathy might be fake but at least it shows some civility. Personally, I think it's all about manners. It's normal manners to show sympathy to a sick person. Like in the old times (in Britain etc.), everyone was ladylike and gentlemanly and I LOVED IT. 😛I just love the politeness and civility people had in the old times that is sorely missing now.

Just my POV.

love,
LT

in the old times?? how old are u by the way? 😆 j/k....

i totally agree with u !! its just a way of showing politeness. but i hate it when ppl OVERact when someone is not well or so. like >>> 😲 

but i know a lot of people who naturally have strong feelings ... who might feel for someone they have met the first time.

especially when the bad thing has happened in your own family and a stranger talks about something similar that happened to them as a way of consoling and telling you that they understand how you feel. as opposed to someone that says "im really sorry to hear that" and changes the topic - i personally find that quite rude.

Edited by ~priya~ - 17 years ago