Is fake sympathy right? - Page 2

Posted: 18 years ago

When people are sick or have a problem. People tend to show fake love or sympathy to that person even though that is the person you hate most in life or you dont even know at all.

Is it right to show fake love or sympathy for someone?

I don not think its right to show fake love or fake sympathy  to a person because then you just lead that person on when you dont even care about them in real.

I agree with LT , its all about manners . Even if you don't like or care about the person, its still civil and decent to show niceness . To show hostility , rudeness openly is bad manners.

You will be appreciated more as a human being if you show niceness even to your enemy . Even if that niceness doesn't come from your heart !!!

Fake sympathy is totally fine with me as long as the person doesnt know that you are offering 'fake' sympathy๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜‰ No seriously, I think its fine. Its better to have 'some' fake sympathy than none right? Your just helping the person out in need, your giving them strength. Like Aparna and LT said, its just good manners.

Priya

Originally posted by loonytunes

Exactement! I wish I was bornd during that time period when everyone
curtsyed and referred to everone as Sir and M'am.. When I watched Pride
and Prejudice, I was almost ready to jump into the TV and start
curtsying and ballroom dancing. Everyone seemed to be so polite back
then. Or perhaps that's just British culture. How I long to be called <span>Miss </span>So-and-So!.Americans are more
in-your-face... and rude๐Ÿคข

love,
LT

๐Ÿ˜† agree...!!
theres notin wrong with fake sympathy...sympathy is shown to make someone feel a bit beter about sumtin, it doesnt matter if u like the person or not. t rly doesnt even matter is ur rly r sorry or not, ur makin some1 feel a lil better, ur tryin to show support in bad times, thats it. No one needs to know how u rly feel. Alot of the times u rly dun even noe wut the problem is, u juss say"Aw dun worri, it'll b ok" cuz it makes the person feel like it will. dats wut sympathy is used 4
KArishma***
Sympathy towards any concerned person be it sick or other matters makes sort of one's grief less. Frnds, relatives do cum and sort of invisibly build a morale in us to face the danger. The fact that they cum for our concern surely builds hope in oneself.
however fake symphathisers don't at all affect though it may be towards us, we may just socialize with them just like they are with us.
So overall, if fake sympathy does comes to us, it is upto to be least affected with it. Those who provide with one just display their character in clearity to the extent how clearly they show their fake feelings for our cause.
In my opinion, if you show fake sympathy, its not really sympathy is it? In certain circumstances maybe fake sympathy is acceptable in order to save the person's life, but in general I think its wrong to show fake sympathy cause if you don't mean it from the heart then techincally you are 2-faced. Showing on thing from the outside and another from the inside.

But that's all my opinion. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
I dont like fake sympathy, and think that if you dont mean it dont say it. Why lie to yourself and others.

I like to say it just the way it is, and if I dont like to sympathize with someone I rather keep my mouth shut or just walk away, but fake sympathy wont be given from me
Fake sympathy is not acceptable..

I'd rather not recieve or give out fake sympathy...

Only when it comes from the heart it is right,otherwise you are just being two faced

But inquiring about someone whom u dont really know well (for example: someone in your building whom you meet in the elevator occassionally )when he is sick doesnt count as fake sympathy.. that is just being civil and nice to that person.

In my point of view, Fake sympathy is something completely different from this.When you ar showing sympathy towards your enemy, or someone you really hate..then that is fake sympathy and the person on the recieving end is most likely to know that it is fake..so you are not doing the person any favors or anything like that!!
Originally posted by loonytunes

Personally, I think fake sympathy is perfectly acceptable. I prefer it
to the now "in-your-face-rudeness" attitude that people have today.
It's sickening. Sure your sympathy might be fake but at least it shows
some civility.
Personally, I think it's all about manners. It's normal manners to show
sympathy to a sick person. Like in the old times (in Britain etc.),
everyone was ladylike and gentlemanly and I LOVED IT. ๐Ÿ˜›I just love the politeness and civility people had in the old times that is sorely missing now.
Just my POV.

love,
LT

Exactly !