Is there one God or many Gods ?

Posted: 18 years ago
I was thinking of this divine question and i thought let me open it up to all of you for debate .

Is there one God and he has various names like Ram, Krishna , Allah , Jesus Christ , Waheguru,  etc etc ???

Or are there several Gods  ?? Ram ,Allah , Jesus , etc etc  are seperate Gods for different religons ?

If former is true then why do people convert into another religon ? Why don't they stay in their own religon and try and find GOD ?

If the latter is true , then is there a Gods council  up there , where all powerfull Gods from all religon get together and discuss us mortals ?
and
Do Gods also fight amongst each other over trivial issue like my religon is superior than yours ?
Also why do people say that the other person is a non- believer and will go to hell if he doesn't join my religon ? So is God so arrogant to think that he is superior than other Gods ?

I personally believe in the former statement i made . There is one GOD under different names. Its us foolish mortals who do the fighting, arguing and ofcourse debating ðŸ˜‰ over God , religon and faith !! Lets have fun debating !!😛

Edited by Aparna_BD - 18 years ago

Originally posted by Aparna_BD

I personally believe in the former statement i made . There is one GOD under different names. Its us foolish mortals who do the fighting, arguing and ofcourse debating ðŸ˜‰ over God , religon and faith !! Lets have fun debating !!😛

I agree with you Aparna! I think there is one god but that one god just has many different names according to each religion. But there are people that say there is only ONE god and that god is Jesus, or that ONE god is so-and-so. They dont understand that each religion has there own different name given to their god according to their beliefs.

Priya

Um..i think that their is only one God under different names. All religions preach goodness, but Humans on earth just use God and reliogion as a source of power war and hatered. Jesus, Krishna, Ram, Allah-are all ways to say that their is a divine power that has more control over your life then you or any1 else. All religons preach the same thing-the good will me rewared and the bad will be punsished
KArishma***
What a lovely topic Aparna !!!

It's a sensitive one too.

In many of the religions, it started with the fact that it was a messenger of the god, however, down the centuries, the messenger himself became God.....

I beleive there is just one Supreme Power who appeared in deffierent form whenever he felt his appearance was required.

Also, if you look closely, ALL the religion have the male preachers first highlighted and then elevated to the position of God......I at least don't know of a religion which has a female leader....

However, no matter what, religion and a supreme power does exist.
well agree also der i only one god and he has diferent names thru many religions

i only worship one n dat is allah n only allah!!!!!!!
It depends on the religion the culture and the things you have bin taught by ur elders from when you were young! if u really believee there is one God(which I do) then surley yes there is ONE but if u belive in more godsa as in u think then its ur mind ur culture that is what u have bin told! sooo its ur own belief that counts! 😊
I will attempt to put forth a couple of points to prove that there are several Gods.

1. If there had been only one God, there wouldn't be so many religions and there wouldn't have been so many prophets preaching their own line of worship

2. If there had really been a single God, there wouldn;t be so much religion based strife: divine interference to pacify would surely be evident

3. The opposite also holds true. with only one single God, we wouldn't have so many reasons to celebrate: Durga Puja and Diwali and X-Mas and what not

God Bless You All
according to me....its all the same.There is only one god in different forms in different religion 😛
To me, God = peace of mind. It depends on how many factors lead to peace for me. If there are many factors, there are many gods. If they are all a part of ONE overriding factor, then there is one God.

well...i personally think god is only 1-1supreme power-
ppl accept this 1 power in different ways and forms as per their likes or their beliefs--thus-the various religions and gods