'I won't leave TV for films"- Abhishek

ronitfan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 18 years ago

'I won't leave TV for films like other actors'

Actor Nasir Kazi tells Dhaval Roy that he is successful on his own merit and not because of his father late Johnny Walker's goodwill

How did you career in TV start?

I started my career with ads. I did an ad with Prahlad Kakkar, and he called me for several ads after that. From there, I started getting calls for music videos and anchoring shows. After that started serials. I began with Woh, then I did Aashirwad. People liked my performances and I was offered Mehendi Tere Naam Ki soon. Then I got into Balaji serials and did Kasautii Zindagi Kay and Kkusum. Currently, I am doing Kyunkii Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi and Kesar. I'm anchoring a show called Haath Se Haath Milao, which is an awareness programme about HIV AIDS. I interview films stars in that. It's a very entertaining show with a social message. Then I also have a show called Cross Connection.
You have also tried your hand at films, but nothing much worked out...

Yeah, that's true. But I'm glad I am doing well on TV. It's all about work, not the medium. I still have a couple of film offers but it's only on negotiation stage, so I can't talk about it. But, I will never leave TV for films like other actors. I'm getting regular work here and it would be stupid of me to leave that for something as uncertain as films. Also, I want to be in films but I'm not all there yet, which means I yet have to be popular when it comes to films. But people want me on TV, which means I am more successful there.
You are doing two Balaji serials. Doesn't it get hectic?

Not at all. 24 hours a day is a long time. It's all about time management. There are people who tirelessly work for 20 hours a day, while the others get tired by working for just two hours. And I think it's more about being driven about what you are doing. If you enjoy, why would you get tired? What also helps is that I don't mix my professional and personal lives. When I am with my family, I don't talk work and when I'm working, you won't find my wife and baby around me.
You father, late Johnny Walker, was a known name in Bollywood. Didn't you want to cash in on that and get big projects in films?

Dad never helped me with my career. He used to say, 'If you go to people as my son, they won't say no to you for work. But they might still not give you any work. You may think that you have work but actually you'll be workless.' And, I want to know which actor has survived only on their lineage or goodwill. It's the actors' hard work that sees them through.
Ironically, your father was a comedian, but you are making a name by doing tear jerkers...

That's because when I was starting my career, comedy was nowhere in picture. There was buffoonery and slapstick stuff in the name of comedy, and I didn't want to be a part of that. People thought they have sense of humour, but actually there was no sense in that humour. But now even the biggest hero wants to do comedy. Also, even if I do want to do it, people have to want me in their projects too, right?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

madiha_17 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
tfs ..btw who is he?I dont knw plz juleka or neone tell me 😳
~Jalal-4ever~ thumbnail

Nasir Kazi..he is shobha's husband in ksbkbt!!