From solo to mixed doubles

monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
From solo to mixed doubles
   By: Sandipan Dalal
   March 16, 2006

Hariharan, Ishitta Arun and Leslie Lewis
New Delhi: After giving a platform to solo vocalists for a decade, Zee's Sa Re Ga Ma Pa is exploring the possibility of hunting down a melodious jodi.

Known as Ek Main Aur Ek Tu, the new format will stress on duet performances.

The show doesn't have rigorous audition rounds across the country. It will bring back the Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge 2005 finalists and pair them opposite each other.

However, the top five finalists, including Debojeet, Vinit, Hemachandra and Himani, will not participate in this show. Says creative director Gajendra Singh, "The success of Challenge 2005 was immense. The idea of duet performances will only add to the excitement as the finalists have already become household names."

Ishitta with Shaan

In keeping with the mantra of "doubles", the popular show will, for the first time, have former veejay Ishitta Arun co-hosting with Shaan while, the Colonial Cousins (Hariharan and Leslie Lewis) will shoulder the responsibility of judging the contestants.

When quizzed about taking inspiration from mother Ila Arun's Fame Gurukul stint, Ishitta says, "It was a sudden call when the channel zeroed down on me. Music has been an essential element of my life and I just went ahead."

She also rules out the possibility of any conflict arising while sharing the stage with Shaan, "When I was veejaying for B4U, I used to be the queen of my castle, but now, I've a partner to fall back on.

Shaan is very easygoing and the mutual respect we share will not see us infringing into each other's territories. So there's going to be no tiffs that you can write about."

As far as viewers are concerned, they can vote for their favourite pair and each week will see the elimination of one couple, securing the lowest votes. However, judges can bring back a deserving couple if there are only a few votes for their ouster. 

The show will be launched on March 16 and will air Thursdays and Fridays, at 10 pm.

http://ww1.mid-day.com/hitlist/2006/march/133034.htm

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

giggles_2005 thumbnail
Ishiita Arun...hope she in noway resembles Ila Arun of the Fame gurukul fame 😆
soulsoup thumbnail
Originally posted by: giggles_2005

Ishiita Arun...hope she in noway resembles Ila Arun of the Fame gurukul fame 😆

Ishiita Arun is Ila Aruns Daughter. It's a good news or bad news?

fairdog thumbnail
thanks for sharing the article Monika...
mudabid thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
At least Shaan is not leaving and he found someone to flirt with 😛
DevilishSaira thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
gosh this is rediguless.. none of my fav is gonna be there .. the show is gonna be big flop.. coz all these are too bad
Morgoth thumbnail

Originally posted by: soulsoup

Ishiita Arun is Ila Aruns Daughter. It's a good news or bad news?

dont know about Ila Arun, but Ishita was a VIP on B4U

(VIP = Very Irritating Person)

Bansari7 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! VINIT IS NOT GOING TO IN IT?!?!?!?!? THAT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SAD!!!!
Jem4Himesh thumbnail
T i agree w/you about Ishitaa there 😛
HR ki sayyonni thumbnail
dis is gonna be bad ..........& whos ishitaa
i'm no way gonna watch dis show ...........
& cousins ........oh god i don't like 'em......