Indian Idol 6

Amey reveals his maturity

monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Amey reveals his maturity

The results of the ninth gala of Indian Idol turned out to be quite a 'dhamaka', on and off the sets. The show began in its usual style with Amey, Anuj, Karunya and Sandeep singing Tu Aashiqui Hai from Jhankaar Beats. Before asking the judges their opinion on who should be voted out, the hosts asked them a few questions. They asked Sonu Nigam who he thought would not let the fame of being an Idol get to his head. Sonu replied that if Sandeep or Anuj reached the top slot, they would be the most levelheaded about it. However, all the judges thought that Sandeep and Anuj would be in the bottom two this week after watching their performance in the Holi and A R Rehman specials. But, once again, the junta's vote was the complete opposite, and shockingly Anuj and Amey were in the bottom two. They each performed the songs that they had sung in the last gala once again to remind the audience who they have not voted for. While Anuj sang the peppy Dil le gayi kudi Gujarat ki, Amey sang the more somber Tu hi tu from Dil Se. Sonu Nigam voiced his biggest fear that Amey may be vote out. "He's an excellent singer and performer and if he's voted out, it will be just a huge loss," said Sonu. Unfortunately his fears turned out to be real, as the contestant with the lowest number of audience votes was indeed Mumbai-boy Amey Date. At first the three judges had their heads down on the table in shock, but it soon turned to rage. Sonu Nigam said, on behalf of the judges, that they would not like to be a part of the decision and walked off the stage. Then the audience got uncontrollably wild. They stared shouting slogans for Amey and refused to calm down, even after repeated requests from the hosts and Amey himself. After a while the judges returned to the stage, but with a request for a rematch. "We understand that this is a formatted show, but we cannot see such injustice happening before our eyes. We can't lose Amey and would like to request Sony Channel for a rematch of all the four finalists" said Sonu Nigam. However, Amey, who was visibly moved by the audience's support and reaction, explained that winning and losing is all part of the game and somebody has to leave each week. He said that Anuj had won fair and square by audience votes and he said he would be uncomfortable with a rematch.

The judges and Amey's supporters were touched by his decision and applauded his maturity. The show ended with Amey's last moving performance of Kal Ho Na Ho, which actually brought many in the audience to tears. It was indeed, an episode to remember.

http://indianidol.sifymax.com/highlights/

Edited by monika.goel - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Tamara02 thumbnail
it was indeed a sad episode

we will miss u amey 😭
Connie thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Amey you are a ⭐️and we are so proud to be your fans. Edited by Connie - 18 years ago
peacelily thumbnail
A great loss indeed. Amey you have made your mark.

You will be missed. I am sure you will have a very bright future.

All the best.
karunya_forever thumbnail
YA AMEY SHOWED MATURITY HE ROXXXXXXXX
sonu_nigamfan thumbnail
Yup he is such a wunderful person.God bless him and give him all the best in the world
anonmember thumbnail
There is nothing to reveal. Amey was mature, extremely talented and honest from day one.
~Nikki thumbnail
amey is already an idol in my eyes, being an idol means setting an example for the rest and amey has defintely set an example of mature person. amey, u rock the world!!!! πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ
babli1 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
above all Amey is great human being, i think that matters the most.. πŸ˜›
craZEEinlove thumbnail
I agreee... now I after watching the results round todayy I hav evn mor respect for Ameyy in my heartt!!