Nach Baliye 4

All u wanna know - Malaika Arora Khan

currentchaos thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Former MTV Loveline Veejay "Malaika Arora" shot to fame with "Chaiya Chaiya" in Dil Se opposite Shahrukh Khan, which had the entire nation rocking to its beats. Malaika Arora, now wife of Actor Arbaaz Khan has since then done many dance numbers in numerous films and has also been a judge on the famous celebrity couple dance show "Nach baliye"

Lets get to know her a little better, shall we?

Malaika Arora Khan is now going to be seen in an ass-kicking role (literally) in the Hindi version of the Hollywood blockbuster Charlie's Angels as she plays one of the angels. In this film the Kick Boxing actress, Malaika plays a lively fun loving character, and cant stop raving about how much fun it was to play the part. Arora Khan is now trying to steer her career towards lead roles only, and it sure seems to be working as according to her she is being flooded with offers and is now in the driver's seat as she gets to pick and choose the roles that suit her best.

Malaika has gradually moved on from television to the big screen. Her main advantage is that in a field of temperamental and gorgeous divas she is a thorough professional and has made it a point to be on time no matter how early in the morning she has to report for her shoot, however she does hate chasing pending payments as she finds it absolutely unprofessional. Her very first ad campaign was the bold and naughty MR coffee campaign in which she was paired up with model–turned-actor-turned Beau Arbaaz Khan, brother of superstar Salman Khan. She married him in February 1999.

Tet-A-Tet
It all started with Society magazine. They had a cover girl issue that I was selected for. There was no looking back after that, one thing led to another and here I am today. I wasn't the ideal ramp model. In fact the basic requirement for a ramp model is that she needs to be tall, and I am not tall from any angle! I did a few shows just because they wanted me to be there. I can never forget Hemant Trivedi's compliment to me saying that it didn't matter on how tall I was cause I sure walked like I was tall enough. I did my share of shows for a year. Essentially I was a press/print model. I started out doing ad campaigns, whether it was for print or television and now have moved over to films.

Out of the blue it just so happened one day that Farah Khan, the choreographer of the song and Shah Rukh were watching my video Gud Naal Ishq Mitha, that featured me in the female lead and Farah said, "Let's ask Malaika if she will do the song." They called me and offered it to me after which there was no turning back.

Farah is a brilliant choreographer who gave me steps that complimented me. Mani Rathnam without a doubt is an excellent director, the music by Rahman was outstanding and having Shah Rukh for a co-star was a dream come true! It seemed like everything just fell into place.

The stereotyped notion was that models couldn't act. Since people have seen me dance and know how I look on screen, that part of my battle has been won, however the roles that I've been offered are the stereotypical glamorous model types that don't work for me. These roles have been done to death. But if there is something substantial that would give me a good amount of exposure I'd be more than happy to sign on it.

I just cannot work with people until and unless I trust them. It just wouldn't work out. Not to mention it has to be a project worth my while with an impressive script and a talented director.

Arbaaz has been extremely supportive. I wouldn't have been able to make it without him. When two people belong to the same profession there is a certain level of understanding that co-exists. My family has been supportive right from the beginning and everyone is cool about it. Arbaaz is very relaxed too and that's an added benefit.

Fitness
I do mostly cardiovascular exercises thrice a week, which include step aerobics and jumping since these exercises are good for the heart. I also indulge in light- weights although very sparingly in order to tone my body. Sometimes I run on the beach.

My mornings begin with drinking lots of water with lime and honey mixed in it. After an hour I have another bottle of plain water and a glass of orange or sweet limejuice. Breakfast can be anything as long as it's heavy like parathas or something South Indian like idlis and dosas. I make it a point to have a heavy breakfast because once I'm out of the house I don't know when or what would I be eating next.

I love to laze around at home watching a film or chat over the phone. Yes, I also love dancing and occasionally do go pub hopping.

Well we have all seen how drop dead gorgeous Malaika looked even as a Judge at the Garnier fruitis Nach Baliye. One couldn't help but look at this woman on how gorgeous she looks even after becoming a mother. Despite the brilliant performances given by the choreographers, Malaika stood her own when she danced. Boy, that's what you call a sight for sore eyes.

Hope she continues to perform for a very long time as she sure has her fan base increasing by the day….