I would like to attain Nirvana some day

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 18 years ago
"I would like to attain Nirvana some day"

Shweta Gulati might not have found her best friend yet, but she sure has plenty of allies in books, with whom she loves spending in her spare time. The perky actor who plays Tia in Star One's Remix doesn't claim to be a voracious reader but likes to lay her hands on books recommended by her folks. Shweta talks to Kavita Shyam about her unusual taste in books.

Your favourite book?
I loved a book called The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari by Robin S Sharma which I read sometime ago.

Who recommended the book to you?
My colleague Siddhant was reading the book and left it on the sets by mistake and I happen to pick it up. I read a few pages, and could not put it down until I completed it!

What exactly draws you to such books?
I think I am a spiritual person and I enjoyed the entire spiritual journey in the book! I would love to read more such books in future. The Monk... is a simple book which imparts a lot of knowledge and has the capacity to hook anybody and everybody to it. I would like to attain nirvana some day but surely don't want to give up everything and end up in the hills!

Which is the next book that you are planning to read?

I am planning to read The Road Less Travelled by M Scott Peck and Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts, which everybody seems to be reading.

Which is your all time favourite book?
Well, I have always loved reading the Nancy Drew, Sherlock Homes and the Famous Five books. I started reading short stories in school and continue to read them on the sets whenever I get the time.

By KAVITA SHYAM
Posted on 13 March 2006 12:30 pm