Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ajanta thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
I think Karu is par excellent in both songs..next comes Amey and then sandeep ,Anuj...No need to compare SRGMP artists performance with II2 songs.....there is no point in this kind of comparisions...why dont u compare FG songs also??
syrene thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Mishtimoni

Let me first say that my analysis is based on watching the videos posted by Nomi, where Karu's holi song was missing. Here is what I thought...

Amey.. He impressed me the most. I think his holy song choice was superb in terms of entertainment value, and he connected to the camera/audience really well..singing wise too he was flawless as usual.

Amey's Satrangi Re was very good, though at some points he sounded a bit strained.. but still very good.

Sandeep.. I am amazed! His Holi Khele was a brave attempt..but I really liked his Ruth Aa Gayi Re.. I could never imagine him singing a Sukhwinder song, but he just bowled me over! He sang in perfect sur and also with a lot of feeling!!Kudos! But on the other hand, if his fan base expect him to sing like Udit, and they are disappointed, then he might be in trouble!! I think the main reason Panna got out was that his core fan base probably didn't like his 'lack of performance'.๐Ÿ˜‰

Anuj.. He wasn't really upto the mark in my opinion.. his Rang Barse was a very risky choice, because of the iconic status of the song, and I don't think he pulled it off that well! With these songs, there is a catch, if you can pull it off, even decently, you are through, but if you are even slightly disappointing, then it may be catastrophic..

His Chaiya Chaiya I didn't like at all.. sorry I disagree completely with the judges..he wasn't besura or anything, but he completelely lacked the 'junoon'..one other thing I have noticed with this song is that it doesn't sound nice if you lower the scale..  Anuj's natural scale is lower than Sukhwinder's (who is comfortable in D/D sharp), that's why I think he shouldn't have chosen this song.

Now to my favourite Karunya.. this is difficult for me to say, but I am not very sure how the audience is going to react to his Ramta Jogi.. it is a difficult song, yes, but it is not really as popular a song as Satrangi Re or many other ARR songs.. Karu is in danger of being typecast as a qwaali/light classical singer.. my personal opinion would be that he should have chosen a romantic song which is also demanding (eg. Saathiya), which, while showing his prowess, could also eliminate the blame that he cannot pull of mainstream romantic songs very well..moreover, Ramta Jogi was sung brilliantly by Hemachandra in SRGMP very recently, and many people would compare the two (and to be honest I personally would rate Hema's version higher)..and finally, I felt something while listening to him, the same thing that I felt while listening to Lagaan Lagi, and that is, while he sang both with amazing technical virtuosity,he sang both these songs with a very mellow style of voice throw and expression,
 whereas both required a lot more passion.. remember connecting to the audience is very important here ..

Sorry for boring you with a long post.. I would love to hear your comments!!!

I am waiting to see Karu's holi song, (someone please post it), but again that is a classical based song, I am sure he must have done well.

PS: Just watched Karu's holi song!!! WOW!! PERFECT!! I LOVE IT!!!

honest, unbiased analysis๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
anonmember thumbnail
Mishti, I liked your point on Anuj singing Chaiyya Chaiyya at a lower scale. I think that could be one of the reasons his performance paled in comparison to the others. Another would be he lacked the right enegry level needed for that song (same for Rang Barse). I wonder how Amey's RDB would have sounded had it lowered the scale, like Anu and Sonu suggested in the results episode. If Anuj's chaiyya chaiyya is anything to go by, maybe Amey was right in his decision to sing the song at the original scale. Edited by sonyaee - 18 years ago
datspreets thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Very well analysed !

Totally unbiased and ypou are right with whatever you said !

datspreets thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

This content was originally posted by: sonyaee

Mishti, I liked your point on Anuj singing Chaiyya Chaiyya at a lower scale. I think that could be one of the reasons his performance paled in comparison to the others. Another would be he lacked the right enegry level needed for that song (same for Rang Barse). I wonder how Amey's RDB would have sounded had it lowered the scale, like Anu and Sonu suggested in the results episode. If Anuj's chaiyya chaiyya is anything to go by, maybe Amey was right in his decision to sing the song at the original scale.

I think, lower scale never pale your performance, infact you shoudl always ing in the pitch that you are comfortable with!

I think teh whoel masti was missing from his rang barse..and the whole spirit of chaiya chaiya was no wher to see!