Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

WRITE dedications to APU/MONA - Page 4

blyton thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Dear Armaan Sir aka Apu,

To be honest, I was never one of your greatest fans to begin with. But you brought to life the character of Armaan Suri so beautifully and convincingly that there was NO WAY I could not be bowled over. You have matured with the role and today there is no doubt that you are one of the best actors on TV, and certainly the most adorable!

I think (and all my friends at IF will agree unanimously) that the romantic scenes between Jassi and Armaan are the USP of JJKN. I am not exaggerating one bit when I say that you and Mona are the GREATEST ONSCREEN PAIR EVER in the history of Indian television. Watching the scenes between JandA (our name for Jassi and Armaan—Siddhi, whom you have met already, coined the term), I feel that if I ever find love in my life, it must be like Jassi and Armaan's love.

I have never been as crazy about any show as about JJKN—and I have seen some historic TV serials in my life. JJKN actually gave me a fresh outlook on life and made me change my attitude from that of a loser to a WINNER.

It breaks our hearts to know that JJKN is ending. Please, please, isn't there some way it could get an extension? I know both you and Mona want to move on in your careers but your fans are simply dying to see both of you together in another serial or movie, if not JJKN. If you want, I and my friends at IF can give you many ideas for the new show. There are plenty of talented writers here!

This is an earnest request from all of us to you and Mona—PLEASE WORK TOGETHER AGAIN!

Love,
Anjali.

P.S. I am from your Sasural—I live in Dehradun!

____________________________________________________________ __________

Dearest Mona,

I remember, back in December 2003, watching an episode of "Ab Aayega Mazaa" on Sony where Rakshanda said—"Today we will meet Jassi's BIGGEST fan…" Guess what my reaction was? "Heyyyy….I am on TV!" And when I saw it was someone else, I cried, "No, this female is lying..she cannot be Jassi's biggest fan because I am that!"

You know what, the girls in my hostel actually started calling me Jassi because of my obsession with the serial. Woe betide anyone who dared to change the channel in between JJKN! They met a formidable adversary in Yours Truly!

I identified so much with Jassi that I actually used to think that it was my own life story being played out before my eyes. But I have to admit, I did not at all care for the person behind the character—you. I actually did not want the makeover to happen because I was afraid that I might meet a stranger in place of the awkward, adorable girl who seemed to be my alter ago. But as the stunningly beautiful and adorable Mona emerged, I shed my apprehensions as I realized that you are just like Jassi in real life. Now Jassi and Mona are one for me—I adore them both!

I know you don't want to be straitjacketed as Jassi all your life. But believe me when I tell you that there is a Jassi at your core—one which you may perhaps be trying to hide in your professional life. I have studied you so closely that I sometimes feel that I can read you like I read myself.
I wish you all the best for your film career. You deserve to make it big in Bollywood. But please don't ever quit TV for good. If you can, please have your own chat show called "LASSI WITH JASSI"!

And please—I am repeating what I said in my dedication to your Armaan sir—please do a serial or movie with Apoorva! We can't tell you how desperate we are to see you two together again! You two have the CHEMISTRY THAT CREATES HISTORY! Even SRK-Kajol pale in front of you. No kidding.

One more thing—can JJKN continue somehow? Can you juggle it with your film career? We don't want the show to end; after this greatest show we cannot tolerate watching anything else. Even if it becomes a weekly it is OK; as long as it CONTINUES!

Wishing you the very best,
With loads of love,
Anjali.

P.S.

Will  you take a word of advice? Don't be so concerned with your weight! You are NOT fat, you are PHAT!! I think you are gorgeous as you are, and you should not attempt to look like those assembly-line plastic beauties flooding the big and small screens. Rani Mukherji and Preity Zinta are plump, but they are adorable! Your charm lies in the fact that you look real—someone everyone can identify with. And as Apu said, no other actress has the honesty that you have in your eyes.

Here is something I wrote some months back when people were criticizing your dressing sense and your weight:

Heh heh....just thought i wud take Prachi's suggestion and desperately seek attention by splashing a title that seems to hint at YET another criticism of Mona's dressing sense!( Now i just hope it works and i get plenty of replies to my post!)
far be it from me to do such a thing! i m a tree-huggie too and anyway, this post is about more than just mona's way of dressing. It is my answer to all those people who ve been saying Mona is FAT (they can't spell-it's PHAT not fat), wears ugly skirts and what not....no offence meant, just expressing something i feel strongly about. read on--

According to me, there are 4 broad categories of dressers--
There are the FASHIONABLE DRESSERS who folllow the latest trends closely, are brand-conscious, buy the best clothes and usually look good. Your average college student wud be a gud example.

Then there are the FASHION VICTIMS who, in a desperate attempt to look hot, blindly buy whatever is in fashion, never mind whether it suits them or not, and team disparate items to look like a style disaster.

We also have STYLE ICONS who make their own personal statement, never mind fashion. Their wardrobe consists of a few classy items that they coordinate to create their own distinctive look. Rakshanda, for example...

Then, finally, there are the NAIVE DRESSERS-people who dress to please themselves. they are not hungry for attention. They buy what is trendy ONLY if it appeals to them personally. Sometimes they may look mismatched, or underdressed, but they rarely look really bad coz they are comfortable in whatever they are wearing.

Mona belongs to the fourth category. OK, her patchwork skirts may not be page 3 material, but what the heck, she loves them! At least she isn't wearing revealing clothes to show that she is hot! I agree with the person who said that she was the most decently dressed at the Sony bash.

The point is, Mona dressses like the girl-next-door and THAT is what constitutes her charm. She is REAL, not a Cosmetically Concocted Creation(CCC) unlike most celebs! She wears the kind of clothes i wud-and i am just a reasonably fashionable dressser living in a moderately style-conscious town.

I understand that all of us are interested in celeb lifestyles coz they have aspirational value--they are where most of us wud want to be, they have what we want to have. So there is nothing wrong in noting the clothes of celebs and taking style tips from them--or giving them some!

But when we start dissecting each and every aspect of someone's dress sense we forget that there is a PERSON behind the public face who is far more important than the clothes he or she wears. To me, Mona is beautiful, because she is a real-life portrayal of the Jassi we all once loved. She is simple, down-to-earth, unaffected by the mindblowing fame and adulation that has come her way. Has anyone noticed her enthusiasm, her vivacity when hosting the Miss India contest or the Abhijeet Sawant show? Or how warm and unaffected she is in her interviews? Didn't Rajan Shahi (the director who s now quit JJKN) say that Mona is very humble, that she is more concerned about her scene than her looks, that she shot for 18 hours without complaining? How many CCCs wud do that? Have u seen the plastic smiles of most show hosts or the Balaji heroines wearing 4 layers of pancake and yet sleepwalking thru their roles? They all LOOK gorgeous but there is no depth behind that polished exterior. A diamond in the raw  is still a diamond; if u polish it, its beauty becmoes visible, thats all.
One can cut and polish glass to shine like a diamond, but that does not mean it IS a diamond. It is just glass.

What i m trying to say is, the cosmetic industry can make  ANYONE LOOK GOOD. All u need is a plethora of expensive beauty products, personal stylists and a few friends in the media who will project ur best face to the world.
Now im sure that Mona can well afford to do all this-she s one of the highest paid actors in tellywood, she has done commercials AND signed a film. But she doesn't. Why? because it doesn't matter in her scheme of things. She knows that there is a HUGE difference between mere looks and real beauty. She possesses the latter in abundance so why shud she bother about the former? leave that to the CCCs.

Mona is beautiful inside and outside....coz she is NATURAL, TRUE and REAL! Go Mona!

Edited by blyton - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jyoti_2006 thumbnail
Dear Apurva/Armaan Sir,

I have been watching JJKN since 2003 and had never missed an episode till Aug 5th. I started watching again in Oct 2005 only because of your brilliant portrayal of Armaan Suri. This is one character that has fascinated me the most. It was an extremely diffcult character to play and you have given complete justice to each and every phase of Armaan Suri. Thats the only reason Armaan stayed popular over the saints of JJKN.

The channel never promoted Armaan Suri. They always tried to promote new men in Jassi's life but never promoted this wonderful character. It was us your fans that supported you when Armaan Suri had his bad times. And we did that only because of your terrific performance. This was a character which was so real. Armaan made mistakes but had guts to accept it. After begging, pleading and with Armaan's growing popularity SONY gave us the Monsoon Jassi ka Safar and Kudkudiya.

You have literally poured your heart and soul in this role and your chemistry with Mona took this show to a completely different level. I sincerely request you to take more projects on TV and would like to watch you in new projects.

All the best!! And May god bless you and your wife a happy and prosperous life!!

Love,

Jyoti
Edited by Jyoti_2006 - 18 years ago
insouciance thumbnail
hey tabs...carry all this.... 😛
jassisuri thumbnail
tablet, convey my regards to mona also
tell her she is a fine actress, carries herself well, i mostly like when she takes her parents along for the award cermonies,she always says she is her papas daughter(like me,just love my dad the mostest) she is an ideal for hardworking girls both as jassi and mona, she rocks,
tell her how much i wished she got the best actress award in ajk, but better luck next time,(and let there be many such times)
thanks so much tab, i also have a message for set, is it possible to convey
take care of ur health, waiting for ur post
love
only jassi