Indian Idol 6

Zee challenges Sony...(read plz) - Page 3

ticks thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
This content was originally posted by: anika_357

yeah i guess so...no offence BUT saregamapa def. has more singers that have the true talent..πŸ˜‰

Talent is something raw, so what is also important is how one is nurtured, groomed and marketed and in the process stars are created.  Example take Sonu Nigum's case: has immense talent but had Gulshan Kumar of T-series not promoted him he would have gone into oblivion. Today he is on the verge of becoming a legend of our times in playback!. ARR got an international launch by SONY BMG! Also, SONY is doing a great job with Abhijit Sawant.  Let us see what they do with Qazi(Bollywood) and Ruprekha (in Playback and Music world)!

Just organising talent hunts is NOT enough, which SRGMP did in the past!Lets see what they do with Debojit!

Edited by ticks - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

madhavi_r108 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: ticks

Talent is something raw, so what is also important is how one is nurtured, groomed and marketed and in the process stars are created.  Example take Sonu Nigum's case: has immense talent but had Gulshan Kumar of T-series not promoted him he would have gone into oblivion. Today he is on the verge of becoming a legend of our times in playback!. ARR got an international launch by SONY BMG! Also, SONY is doing a great job with Abhijit Sawant.  Let us see what they do with Qazi(Bollywood) and Ruprekha (in Playback and Music world)!

Just organising talent hunts is NOT enough, which SRGMP did in the past!Lets see what they do with Debojit!

Sometimes organizing Talent hunts is enough.. look at the talent SRGM came up with.. Shreya Goshal and Kunal Ganjawala - currently top singers in Bollywood.. if they didnt' get that platform that SRGM provided.. i dont think they wuld have made it to this stage.. inspite of a platform, they had to struggle..

SRGM has immense talent as compared to II and FG.. and its a fact.. see the polls on this forum to gauge..being an II forum, people still feel that Hema or Nihira were really good singers.. As for promotion, I think it depends on who launches u..not to do with marketting totally.. ARR's Roja had made him a household name in South already, I dont think he needed Sony BMG to prove himself..

Abhijit Sawant are not being marketted properly.. have u heard the songs he has sang for bollywood movies? they aren't what I call good.. same for Amit Sana, Prajakta and Rahul Vaidya..they got chances..but did they leave a mark ?!

Himani sang a thumri for Chingaari, and though the movie was a disaster and music wasn't great, people really appreciated her for her Thumri.. thats the difference..

Promotion gets u only this far.. ur voice takes u ahead.. how else with Rafi or Lata become the legends they are today?
ticks thumbnail

For any talent after indentification needs grooming in any sector be it music, Arts or even in our daily worklife or coorporate sector.

Success is a journey.

Every Artist has to struggle and face criticisms when they start out, face roadblocks. But if one is taken under wing then that struggle minimises to a certain extent. Every artist needs someone who will promote him/her. Kunal got a Bheege Honth which did it for him and Shreya had a Devdas which did it for her and also she had Kalyanji (of K-L) who groomed her.

They are talented and lucky too! Even our legends had someone to promote them. And everyone needs that BIG break and HIT!  Some struggle for decade some get it in one chance. But everyone needs that BREAK!

Tansen would not have been Tansen had there not been Akhbar-the-great!

If interested here is Latajis bio, decide for yourself whether she was promoted or not!

>>>>
In 1945, maestro Ghulam Haider (who had earlier discovered singing star Noor Jehan) took Lata to meet producer S.Mukherji who was planning to make a movie starring actress Kamini Kaushal. He wanted the producer to give 16 year old Lata a chance to sing. The producer dismissed Lata's soft voice as too immature and girlish. Ghulam Haider was extremely annoyed and said "Let me fortell today that this girl will soon put to shame everyone else including Noor Jehan. Producers and directors will fall at her feet begging her to sing in their films." How true ! >>>>>>>>>>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lata_Mangeshkar

madhavi_r108 thumbnail
You have to admit that only true talent will get promoted and recognized..

Naresh Iyer didn't win Super Singer, but he got a chance to sing with Rahman, which none of the reality show winners have got yet.. was he promoted? No.. Rahman heard him and he liked him..

Same with the singers in SRGMP..if they are good and they get noticed, their life is made..

Bottom line is, it is talent and good singing. Its not just about being polished. You can get polished when you are 20..21 (That was Sonu's age when he compered SRGM), not when you are 27 .. 28..

There is a difference..
ticks thumbnail

>> Same with the singers in SRGMP..if they are good and they get noticed, their life is made..

This is not the case with not only SRGMP but also holds true for the other talent hunts too.. Arijit, Shamit, Mona of FG got signed up by TIPS. But,  I fear, had they not been noticed and promoted, would they have gone into oblivion or struggled is anyones guess.

>> Bottom line is, it is talent and good singing. Its not just about being polished. You can get polished when you are 20..21 (That was Sonu's age when he compered SRGM), not when you are 27 .. 28..

This is a very valid point I agree.. Age is a vital factor too!

I agree, would like to add further to our discussion that:

ARR sells not only because of his ART but also because his ART sells!Talent without packaging does not sell, and Packaging without talent would not sell too! πŸ˜›

Thanks Madhavir .... for the views, that was an enriching discussion..πŸ‘πŸ‘

This content was originally posted by: anika_357

i found an interesting article so i thought y not share with u all?

Zee challenges Sony If Indian Idol 1 did wonders to boost Sony Entertainment Television's popularity, Zee TV is basking in the rising popularity of SaReGaMaPa Challenge 2005. Though the talent hunt contest started sans fanfare, with the challenge drawing to a close in the coming weeks, viewer involvement is on the rise. Some of the contestants like Vinit, Hemachandra, Nihira, Himani and Debojit are now household names, especially in the Hindi-speaking belt. Even before the best voice has been chosen, these budding singers have managed to bag plum singing assignments. Zee TV was the first Indian satellite entertainment channel launched in the early 1990s, with music content being one of the main drivers. SaReGaMaPa is one of the earliest and longest running talent shows in India, bringing to fore singers like Shaan, Sonu Nigam, Kunal Ganjawala, Shreya Ghoshal and Sunidhi Chouhan.

Newer entrants such as Star Plus and Sony, however, pushed it to third slot. The Challenge 2005, launched to celebrate 10 years of the show, seems to have delivered. According to industry sources, Zee has managed to beat its closest rival Sony in some of the time bands.

source:http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/life/2006/02/10/s tories/2006021000160400.htm

Thnaks fr d articleπŸ‘

ghetto_princess thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
thanks 4 sharin..!

Panna Ki Tamanna >>> Mrs. Maera Panna Gill 😳
R.E.S.P.E.C.T
kothra thumbnail
hi
thankx for sharing
huzi
FrenchieRox thumbnail
Thanks for sharing the article.

Something I'd like to add...

Indian Idol has been on for what? Two years & that too,on seasonal basis. Sa Re Ga Ma [Pa] for ten years? SRGMP has an eight & half year lead on II, II reached dizzy heights in ONE year after one season, whereas its taken SRGMP ten years to reach where they have reached. Also SRGMP Challenge 2005 has been going on for more than half a year! They took months & multiple performances to reach their semi finals THEN Top 12! And its only been the last few weeks of SRGMP to really get on...
craZEEinlove thumbnail

lol cuz my name iss Zee!!πŸ˜†