•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 18 years ago
John Abraham feels indebted to Amitabh Bachchan
Mar 10, 2006

Courtesy: Apunkachoice

In a recent interview to a news agency, the dashing John Abraham said that he is a big fan of Amitabh Bachchan and feels indebted to the mega superstar.

The reason John disclosed was that when most of the established actresses refused to work with him, Big B came to his rescue.

"At a time when big heroines refused to work with me Mr. Amitabh Bachchan worked with me in Aitbaar . Mr. Bachchan and Bipasha Basu have been very supportive. I am very close to Abhishek Bachchan and the entire Bachchan family. I wouldn't want anyone to say anything negative about them," John told the agency.

"In their unspoken way they have been very supportive... Abhishek is the co-star I am most comfortable with. You can't take away from that boy's success. He has worked hard for it," John added of his co-star who worked with him in Dhoom .

John, riding high on the success of his latest flick Taxi Number 9211 said about the film, "My new film "Taxi No. 9211" is out. I recently saw an uncut version without background music. The movie took me completely by surprise. It is really entertaining. It's a fun movie and I have a light role."

John added that he would like to reach the global audience with an Indian theme like in Deepa Mehta 's film Water .

"In Canada 'Water' has catered to an all-white audience. And they were completely taken aback. If I have to reach to a global audience I'd rather do it through a film on an Indian theme like 'Water'," said John.

John said that he was happy with his role in Zinda even though it was Sanjay Dutt 's film through and through

"It was. But I feel my role was very powerful. It required very little of my time. But I am omnipresent. I remember Sanjay Gupta had come to me with his next film. But he wanted me to hear 'Zinda'. It was obvious that Sanjay Dutt was doing the older man. I was immediately interested in the other role. Sanjay Gupta wanted someone who could match the other actor's physicality... I am happy with the footage I have in 'Zinda', he said.