Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka

Tara to play wannabe socialite -New

heart*beat thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Tara to play wannabe socialite

Navneet Nishan, aka Tara, joins the cast of Nimmo...

Reena Thapar Kapoor

Navneet Nishan became a household name with her show, Tara, and was a pioneer of sorts in the television industry. Despite her popularity, she disappeared into oblivion once the show closed shop. She was seen playing small parts in a few big films but none could get her the same recognition.

Nishan seemed to have vanished even from TV. She says, "I admit that there are no great roles written for women these days. After Tara, no producer or director offered me any earth-shattering roles. Hence, I couldn't retain the standards that I set for myself after Tara."

The talented actress is now set to begin a new chapter in her life, and will be seen in Balaji's new show Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka on Star One. Incidentally, Nishan had turned down Balaji's Kavyanjali last year. So, what prompted her to take up Nimmo? "I guess I was destined to be part of the Balaji group sooner or later..." she laughs. "I play the part of a wannabe socialite, Pam, on the show. Pam is a Punjabi woman who is stylish and poised. I'm terribly excited about playing this grey character."

Nishan reveals that the character has been conceived by Ekta Kapoor herself. "I'm told that she doesn't meet too many people but I'm glad that we had a great and long meeting over 'Pam.' Ekta had a certain image of the character in her mind, and has explained it to me."

Nishan began shooting for the show yesterday. "I've got a stylish hair-colour to suit the character," she says.

However, the idea of shooting for a daily show does have her running scared. "I hope I can cope with the pressures," she concludes.

•  After Tara, no producer or director offered me any earth-shattering roles. Hence, I couldn't retain the standards that I set for myself after Tara – Navneet Nishan

AUNTIES ARE BACK

•  Sujata Mehta in Nimmo...

•  Tabassum in Dyar Ke Do Naam Ek Radha Ek Shyaam

•  Rati Agnihotri in Sixer

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

soni595 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3