sheetald thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Honeymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd is talk of the town these days. It is the story of six couples on their first sojourn together after marriage. Or in common parlance – the honeymoon.

That's the iead around which Reema Kagti's directorial debut film, 'Honeymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd.', is centered. But isn't it the same concept Nikhil Advani is curretly working on?

"I had narrated the story idea to director Nikhil Advani. I also had a second round of complete script narration along with his dialogue writer Anurag Kashyap but somehow Nikhil didn't go ahead and we lost touch," alleges Reema, who wrote the story over three months followed by two years of hard work to enhance and develope it further.

Does that mean, Advani stole her script to make 'Salaam-E-Ishq', which stars Salman Khan, John Abraham, Vidya Balan, Anil Kapoor, Govinda, Sohail Khan, Priyanka Chopra, Perizad Zorabian and Juhi Chawla in lead roles?

Says Reema, "I'm aware that Nikhil's Salaam-E-Ishq also involves six couples but I'm not acquainted with the rest of the story. But I'm glad that things did not work out with Nikhil, as his refusal has given her a break as a director."

After her unsuccessful bid with Nikhil, she approached Ritesh Sidwani and Farhan Akhtar to produce the film. Farhan liked the story idea and decided to launch her as a director with Honeymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd.

Being shot in a start-to-finish schedule from March 9 to April 25, 2006, it stars an ensemble cast of Shabana Azmi, Amisha Patel , Boman Irani, Abhay Deol, Raima Sen, Kay Kay, Sandhya Mridul, Vikram Chatwal, Minesha Lamba, Karan Khanna, Ranvir Shorey, and Dia Mirza and Arjun Rampal (in special appearances).

Nikhil too, wants to finish the shoot of the film and release it during Diwali this year. He has commenced on a 35-day shooting schedule in Mumbai but ironically, will still not be able to complete and release his film before Kagti.

Having worked with Farhan Akhtar as assistant director on 'Dil Chahta Hai' and 'Lakshya' and with Honey Irani as assistant director on 'Armaan', Reema is no stranger to the filmmaking business.

She's also worked with Ashutosh Gowarikar and Kaizad Gustad, done a small stint with Mira Nair, and dabbled in ad films and music videos before this.

And to back her up in her debut film is none other than 'Excel Entertainment' (the makers of 'Dil Chahta Hai' and 'Lakshya'). Ritesh Sidhwani and Farhan Akhtar are producing 'Honeymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd.', while Farhan's sister Zoya Akhtar doubles up as the executive producer. Quite a 'package' indeed.

What's more! The film is not going to be the regular kind of love story at all. "It's quite off the mark from anything conventional," concludes Reema.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters