Posted: 18 years ago

Ismail says, "I'm very upset by the public's decision to oust Nihira. Everyone knows how beautifully she sings.. That's when I decided there's no point in staying on. One genuine singer had already gone. …I thought enough was enough…Can't we recognize quality when we hear it?"

"Look at how the public made Qazi Tauqeer (on Sony Entertainment's Fame Gurukul) win….It's a big slur to our musical heritage. Nihira according to me was the best among the 32 really good participants on Sa Re Ga Ma Pa. Everyone knows this…If she had won it would've been a victory for music…Just because Nihira can't wear revealing clothes or dance or camera, are these a crime? Did we ever see Lataji as anything but a goddess wrapped in a sari? When I recently recorded with Lataji for the first time last month, I had tears in my eyes. At 77 she still has so much passion. Nihira is walking in Lataji's footsteps," says Durbar.

Ismail doesn't agree when he's accused of favouring his own disciples on Sa Re Ga Ma Pa. "Himani and Vinit aren't my students. But I've never been stingy with my compliments for them. All the kids have come with the same mission on Sa Re Ga Ma Pa. That's why I gave away my dad's precious fifty-rupee note to Vinit who is Himesh Reshammiya's student. Vinit won me over when he took one difficult line from Tera Jadoo Chal Gaya within moments .

Ismail was not fair to all like himani and vinit....he never praised hema however good he sang....he always kept a distance with hema.....that way he was also not fair to the real music...to which he calls musical heritage and bla bla.....!

Originally posted by selsynch

Ismail was not fair to all like himani and vinit....he never praised hema however good he sang....he always kept a distance with hema.....that way he was also not fair to the real music...to which he calls musical heritage and bla bla.....!

Ismail used to praise Himani because Adesh Shrivastav used to praise Nihira and as Adesh was not interested in Debu and many a times criticized him always gave him low marks that's why i think ismail didn't took interest in hema😕

Originally posted by Sarkar

Ismail used to praise Himani because Adesh Shrivastav used to praise Nihira and as Adesh was not interested in Debu and many a times criticized him always gave him low marks that's why i think ismail didn't took interest in hema😕

that means he was also part of politics...he is also at fault.....if he would have shown the generosity thr also then i would have saluted him, his thoughts and fairness towards the music in principle. Although he was more impartial than others.

impartial n he?
atleast not in case of debo
may b in others' case
ya exactly impartial and himesh ya in case of vinit but others 😕
😆
oh u got it rage
u r right
himesh wasnt partial in case of vinit 😉
see i am a true friend no more vinit bashing u see 😆
ok den fine
otherwise not 😉 😆

When hemu sang "nahi samne" ismail was too busy in calculation to see whether his shishya is there still or not that's why i think he didn't said any thing to hemu,ya but i have always found no matter how good hemu sang ismail never gave poor guy some strong boost.he lost his mind, heart every thing in nihira's elimination,and it is obvious also she was his first choice nad she was first choice of every mentor and losing her in game is really a big loss and matter of concern for any body.