Weight and watch - Mona Singh

shareShare facebook twitter
Posted: 16 years ago

Weight and watch

Fat is not fine... at least that's what television stars seem to think. Reena Thapar Kapoor spoke to six actresses who are in the process of shedding those pounds

Mona Singh
I have a typical North Indian built. But I know where I'm heavy and make it a point to conceal those parts with dark colours and loose clothes. I've put on a lot of weight during Jassiā€¦ But since I wasn't required to show off my curves, I took it easy and ended up putting on 12 kgs! But now, Jassi... is nearing completion and I've to start work on my debut film. So I've no choice but to lose weight. I haven't started working out, but I am on a strict diet of boiled or raw vegetables and whole fruits. My nutrionist tells me that I've lost three inches and that's just the beginning.

Mona Singh

gosh yaar,,....if memory serves me right, sid told us that mona wakes up at 5:00 in the morning to work out Confused .....and then she says, I dont work outConfusedConfused....talk about contradicting oneself and no one can ever beat mona.... LOL ......and please, she has been trying to loose weight from last april...she said the same even in the interviews which were dated april 2005 ....so in one year, has she only lost 3 inches...i lost more in 6 monthsBig smileBig smileEmbarrassed.......but hell yeah, she is old and metabolism slows down....but even bips, ash, sush, PZ are old....and yes, if mona has B-Wood aspirations, she has to lose weightOuch

even I tried to lose weight last year....but unlike mona, i was always fatCry...right from childhood....I was born fat(4.2 kgs) LOLCryCry and that has like continued ever since LOL ....even in my childhood snaps, I am fat SmileCryCry .... but no complaints that i am not thin Smile..... .....infact i have not put on weight in the last 3 years Big smileBig smileBig smile ...I lost like 8 kgs last year Big smile...it was funny...liek in the first two months, i lost quickly, then it slowed down.... but now i'm not working out...after my exams, i'll start again and hopefully, by 2008, i'll be as thin as shilpa shetty Big smileCryCry ......but what's the most irritating is that when one hits the gym, one finds " anorexic sticks" working out like maniacs Angry ....now that does alot to the psyche Cry
Edited by Buffie - 16 years ago
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG....sheeeeeeeeeeeeesh...lmaoooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooo...the rest of the article says this

Poonam Narula
I had put on 25 kgs after I delivered. The post-pregnancy weight refused to go and I looked like a huge balloon. Thankfully during Nach Baliye I managed to lose eight kgs. But that's where it stopped. I also have a sweet tooth. But, now I've decided that I want look different and gear up for a new innings. There are ten more kgs that I need to chuck out of my body. I've already started working out.

Sudha Chandran
I was never bothered about my weight. I became conscious of it after the growing popularity of Ramola Sickand (in Kahin Kisi Roz). Since I was wearing noodle-strap blouses and glamorous saris, I had no option but to shed the fat that I had piled on for years. To look trim, I lived on boiled veggies and fruits for months and lost about 10 kgs.

Anita Hassanandani
I looked more than my age in my first television show Kabhi Sautan Kabhi Saheli. Back then I didn't know that I would have a career in films and television. When Ekta offered me a Hindi film (Kuch To Hai), I decided to knock off those extra pounds. Earlier I would eat anything. But now I am more careful. I had to work out like a maniac to get back into shape. After all, I was getting ready for my big break! After losing six-odd kgs, I continue to be paranoid about my weight.

Delnaz Paul
I have become synonymous with the 'roly poly' tag. All my life I've been comfortable with my weight as I knew that I could carry it off well. But I've now made up my mind to lose some of it.WinkWinkWink Through rigorous dance rehearsals I did lose some weight during Nach Baliye. I've started brisk walking and I also do half an hour of yoga every day. Above all, I've enrolled myself in Shiamak Davar's Institute for the Performing Arts. Hopefully that should help me look slim and trim some day.

Riva Bubber
I was never obese but was definitely broad around my hips. In Neena Gupta's Kyun Hota Hai Pyar, people said that I looked good and acted well but I was criticised for being overweight. After I got Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, I started watching my weight by eating right and working out as often as I could. In a few months, from 60 kgs I came down to 53 kgs. I thought it was a huge achievement.

so mona is in the same "league" with peopel like deluShocked .....sheesh.....ss called poonam motiAngry.....ss called delu fat and the showdown and all thatAngry.....now what will happen if ss calls mona fat LOL ..,.,...now if ss ever calls mona fat, then just imagineLOLLOLLOL...alll the tree huggies, janda lowers, manda lowers....all would bash her up like anything

..even SS is growing fatTongueBig smile....sheena will vouch for thatSmile.....all those who saw her albeli dance( belly dancer dance) will know...she is growing fat....she is putting on weight........lolz.......so well, perhaps after ss' delivery(sheena, piyu, ammu Wink ), we'll get to see her also in these lists..... ...imagine ss becomming like poonam after giving birth to the little  honest eyes/JKGEmbarrassedLOL.. Edited by Buffie - 16 years ago
OMG buffie, itz 3am in India Shocked , wat r u doing LOL Gosh how long do u sleep LOL LOL
And hereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee we go w.the weight again.. Dead

Originally posted by Sidlum

And hereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee we go w.the weight again.. Dead

No worries SID! I love you (I Mean my son loves ya) just the way you are!  Wink  LOL  LOL

LOLLLL Buffie, Shreya, Sheena and me(sometimes)are the freaks that never sleep! LOL LOL LOL ..but since these exams, i have HAD TO go to sleep Cry Cry Cry and come on IF, when there is a post that is too tempting Wink Tongue ..like this one Big smile

Buffie, i was a chubby baby too Tongue Tongue Tongue ..yayyyy we should form a group:
"The Chubby Checkers" Big smile Big smile ..

Originally posted by moondust

LOLLLL Buffie, Shreya, Sheena and me(sometimes)are the freaks that never sleep! LOL LOL LOL ..but since these exams, i have HAD TO go to sleep Cry Cry Cry and come on IF, when there is a post that is too tempting Wink Tongue ..like this one Big smile

Buffie, i was a chubby baby too Tongue Tongue Tongue ..yayyyy we should form a group:
"The Chubby Checkers" Big smile Big smile ..

Awwww LMAO!!..."Chubby Checkers"LOL  Awwww....I wanna pinch your cheeks now MoniLOL