sheetald thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Apoorva Agnihotri
Apoorva Agnihotri is one of the most reclusive actors in the industry.

"I don't hate interviews, it's just that after shooting, I like to go home and relax," he says. With his role as Armaan Suri is wrapping up in Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin, we cornered him for a chat

Jassi is ending. What are your plan now? 
I am planning to go on a much-deserved break. My sister stays in Canada, so I will mostly go visit her. As far as work is concerned, I am open to everything — a film, a play, television, anything exciting.

When someone approaches me with a project, I ask for the script, as I have figured that without a good script and director, nothing will work. Also, I don't want to jump into films in a hurry. I am a true Sagittarian and don't like to have my life planned.

What's your reaction to the ups and downs of Jassi?
Wherever I have gone, people have either hated me or loved me. I think the fact that they have an opinion on me is a validation of Jassi's success. I respect the audience reaction to various phases of the show and I think it's important that the show ends on a high.

For me, it's the right time to say goodbye to Jassi. I find myself extremely lucky to get a chance to play Armaan, and the cult status the show received was unbelievable.

Your favourite moment last year?
It would have to be being part of Nach Baliye. The whole experience was the best, even though both of us had to go to our respective shoots and rehearse for long hours. I was nervous like hell, and it was scary performing in front of the whole country.

Any friends in  industry?
Parmeet Sethi is my guru. He's not only my inspiration, but also my best friend in the industry. I really look up to him and admire him as an actor. I don't have too many friends, and prefer hanging out with people I know. Mona and Rakshanda are also close to me. In fact, Rakshanda played cupid and got Shilpa and me together, so she's quite special.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Hansa-Tapori thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Been posted already. Anyway, thanks.
momogrl21 thumbnail