•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 16 years ago

Sushmita Sen
Those who have still any doubts that Ankahee is a story based on Sushmita Sen's life, here's an eye-opener.

We all know that black is Sushmita's favourite colour and she hardly wears any other colour.

So, is it just a coincidence that Esha Deol who is playing her in the film is wearing only black?

Check out the promos of the film, and you will know what we mean.

Sambhavna Seth
New item girl on the prowl

Rakhi Sawant had better watch out! Yet another item girl, Sambhavna Seth, is on the prowl in Bollywood.

Sambhavna has done films like Sauda, Zameer, Paagalpan, and a music video, Tere Mere Charche. Subhash Ghai was so impressed by Sambhavna's seductive gyrations, that he asked her to do an item number for his 36 China Town.

And the directors Abbas Mustan were so impressed by her performance that they gave her a meaty role in the film. Just a few days ago, the actress was signed to do a sexy item song for the Bhojpuri film Dharti Kahe Pukar Ke, starring Ajay Devgan and directed by Nirmal Jani.

Kailash's dream comes true

Kailash and A R Rahman
On Tuesday, Kailash recently launched his album Kailasha along with his band members Paresh and Naresh. And the chief guest was none other than his mentor and music director A R Rahman, who whisked in and out of the venue.

"This is the only album Rahman has released after having listened to it first. He is genuinely very pleased with the result of our efforts," says Kailash.

While Kailash admits that A R Rahman is 'God' he also explains that he is a man of few words, "Two days back, I sent him a reminder stating that if he missed the flight that would get him to my launch on time, I would not be able to bear the pain and consequences.

In reply, Rahman called me back and asked after my health. Incidentally, I have been facing some health problems because of my onstage tactics. The fact that Rahman thought about my well-being in the midst of all that keeps him occupied, was what really touched my heart," explains Kailash.

Chunky turns producer

Chunky Pandey
They don't call Chunky 'monkey Pandey' for nothing. If its got to be a line associated with the glamour world, Chunky has got to jump on to the bandwagon.

Be it dinner parties, high-profile restaurants, hosting talk shows, event management, or becoming a superstar of Bangladeshi films — the actor has done it all — and continues to surprise. The latest he is on to, is production.

Yes! Chunky, along with his business partner Abhijit Chowdhary, has now turned producer for the new series of the popular TV programme Superhit Muqabla (Sundays, 10pm).

And while this countdown show on DD fetches him the monies, Chunky's anchoring of the new talk show 'Rokkky Mera Naam' on Sahara Filmy is getting him the accolades. Monkey, oops, Chunky sure is jumping places all over again.

Little Ba peep had a fall

Sudha Shivpuri
There's no escaping telly stars tripping and falling. Even the seasoned Ba (Sudha Shivpuri) of Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi had a serious fall recently.

The cute and cuddly granny was on her way walking to her car when her leg tripped into her sari and she had a fall. Even though it wasn't a serious one, she did end up hurting herself. "Yes, I did trip, but am fine now. Nothing major to worry about." Besides Kyunki, the actress is also seen in the role of a prankster dadi in Kasamh Se.

"My role in Kasamh Se is totally different from the Ba you see in Kyunki. I am constantly getting offers, but my first preference is working with Ekta. She gave a second innings to my career."  How does she feel about Apara Mehta leaving the show with her mercy-killing track?

"We are planning to give her some sort of a farewell. In fact I don't need to use glycerin in my scenes with Apara, the tears come naturally. I am definitely going to miss her on the sets."

Baal Behaal

Aryan Vaid
Makeover artists and experts conducted a demonstration of hair cutting, hair styling and hair colouring at the Hair Style Fashion Show at The Taj Mahal Palace and Tower hosted by The Taj Salon and Vidal Sassoon, where Spring/summer hairstyles were unveiled.

This unique event had a low turnout with only Aryan Vaid and Akshay Kapoor turning up.

Could it be, that our celebs with their hair-scare encounters prefer to just let their tresses be?

Priya Gill's Bhojpuri debut

Priya Gill
Bollywood is taking to Bhojpuri films in a big way. Dilip Kumar, Subhash Ghai, Prakash Jha, Ekta Kapoor and Vashu Bhagnani are all producing Bhojpuri films.

The list of Bollywood stars in Bhojpuri films includes Amitabh Bachchan, Abhishek Bachchan, Ajay Devgan, Raj Babbar, Shatrughan Sinha, Hrishitaa Bhatt and Ayub Khan. Now actress Priya Gill makes her foray into Bhojpuri films.

Gill, who has to her credit Hindi films like Josh with Shah Rukh Khan has signed producer Rishi Prakash Mishra's Bhojpuri film, Piya Tohse Naina Laage, directed by Balkrishna. 

Shweta's back

Shweta Kawaatra
CID's new one-hour format from Friday will see Shweta Kawaatra play forensics expert, Dr Niyati Pradhan, once again. Yash Patnaik (supervising producer, Fireworks) says, "Kawaatra had done a brief appearance as Dr Niyati in CID two-and-a-half years back.

Thereafter, we had Mona Ambegaonkar. After Mona left the show, we brought in Narendra Gupta.

Now, when the show has been revamped, we felt we needed a more happening name. Plus, a forensics expert is an integral part of CID investigations."

Raza's Bollywood

Q What would be the name of an Ekta Kapoor serial based on the other famous Kapoor family?
A Kahaani Karisma-Kareena Ke Kapoor Khandaan Kii.