Mishubaa thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Smriti Irani Hip Hips for her character
Smriti Irani, the Tulsi of Kyunki Saas Kabhi Bahu Thi, the serial which has been on air for the last six years, admits that she is yet to get bored with Tulsi's character. "No. Not yet," she says, adding that everybody's focus has been only on this role even though she has acted in other serials like Kuch Dil Se, Kavita and Ramayana.

Soon we will see Smriti in films too "I have recently signed a Bengali and Gujarati film. I had earlier worked in a Gujarati serial so I have a special relationship with the Gujarati community. Though I am not a Gujarati, I have come to know that culture very well as part of my homework for my role in the TV serial," she said.

Smriti took her time to get into movies because her children were very small. "But now my daughter Zoyash is going to school and my son Zoher has also grown up," she says adding that she will do more films. While she has received many offers from Bollywood she is in no hurry to step into the industry. "I am happy with my popularity and I am very careful not to take up movie roles that could affect my image. If I come across a worthwhile script, I will surely give it a thought," she says.

Smriti says she is able to juggle various roles because she has a very supportive husband. "We divide our work well. We don't go out for parties or five star dinners and prefer to spend time with our kids instead."

About her political plans, she says she would like to continue with the same. "I am in politics. I am a national executive member of the BJP."

But Smriti is most excited about an NGO called 'People for Change' which she has started.' "It will focus mainly on water projects in tribal areas and education for economically backward children