|new Stars on Sony|
Archana Puran Singh & Mukul Dev are the new Stars on the Sont television, working the brands Kandy Floss and Fear Factor.
Archana Puran Singh
She is vivacious, sprightly, full of energy when she is in front of the camera. Some find her too loud and cacophonous, while others may find her delightful and a great host. That's television & film actress Archana Puran Singh, who in her saucy & tongue-in-check style will host Indian television's hot new show, Kandy Floss.
Archana has been a part of the glitz & glam industry for over two decades. She has acted inmany Bollywood flicks starting her very first film, Jalwa, where she was applauded for her memorable performance opposite veteran Naseeruddhin Shah. Other films that followed were Kuch Kuch Hota Hai to Raja Hindustani to Masti and Mohabattein, thus carving a niche for herself in the film industry. Over the years Archana has also become very popular face on television.
She began her career in television with the very famous Wah Kya Scene Hai where she was the first woman anchor. From then on she has never looked back and has acted and hosted many television shows like Sriman Shrimati, Uncensored, Archana Talkies, Samnewali Khidki and Aasman se Tapki and several award functions and beauty pageants. This mother of two admits that she can be just herself only with her husband Parmeet and her two sons, who help her unwind. Mukul Dev
• Brother Rahul Dev was a prominent model in the Delhi fashion scene. Accompanied him on several fashion shows. Was noticed by some of the known photographers like Bharat Sikka and Prabhudda Das Gupta who also shot his portfolio. This kick started his modeling career. He did a number of press ads - some of the important ones being NIIT, a lot of work for JJ Vallaya.
After this, he moved on to doing some big campaigns for Monte Carlo, Dig Jam Suitings, OCM Suitings and Officers' Choice Whisky. Most of these campaigns were shot by Late Mr Mukul Anand, on whose insistence he moved to Mumbai.
• Mukul Dev's first TV shows Ek Se Badkar Ek, instantly made him popular with the masses.
• He also played a key role in India's first English serial A Mouthful of Sky.
• He also did a TV Show Mumkin, directed by Tanuja Chandra for Plus Channel.
• Also did a popular TV show called Tanaav.
• His First feature film was Naam Kya Hai for ABCL, directed by Sachin. Unfortunately, the film never got released.
• So, his debut film became Dastak with Sushmita Sen directed by Vikram Bhatt.
• After Dastak, he signed 15-16 commercial films at a go. Some of the important ones being –
• Wajood – with Nana Patekar and Madhuri Dixit, directed by N.Chandra
• Quilla – with the legendary Dilip Kumar and Rekha, directed by Umesh Mehra
• Mere Do Anmol Ratan – with Arshad Warsi, directed by K.Ravi Shankar
• Kohram – with Amitabh Bachchan and Nana Patekar
• Mujhe Meri Biwi Se Bachao – with Naseeruddin Shah and Rekha
• Ek Haseena Ek Khiladi for Pritish Nandy Communications
SECOND INNINGS ON TELEVISION
• Gharwali-Uparwali for Star Plus
• Kahin Diya Jale Kahin Jiya for SET
• Bhabhi for Star Plus
• Kya Hadsa, Kya Haqeeqat for SET
• K Street Pali Hill for Star Plus
• Kaalchakra for Star Plus
Mukul Dev on his experience with FEAR FACTOR India
• When I was offered FF, I was told that I would have to go to Malaysia for two months, which meant giving up my other commitments here. But, I happily agreed to do that because Fear Factor was a huge platform for any actor and it was one of his favorite show.
• There were representatives from 3 countries – i.e., Malaysia, South Africa and India, who were shooting the show simultaneously. So, there was a spirit of competition and it almost felt like I was representing my country for the Olympics.
• The show was a real learning experience – taught me to look at all my fears straight into the eye. I, in fact, overcame my phobia for snakes because of this show.
• Since I was the host of the show, I felt like the commander of a battalion. The Contestants looked up to me like a Big Brother for support and I couldn't let them down.
• The precision of the technical team made even the most dangerous stunt look like a piece of cake. I learnt that with sincerity, precision, accuracy, perseverance, one could make just about anything possible.
• Fear Factor, for the first time in my career, gave me an opportunity to explore my own creativity. Being a host of the show is different from being an actor. One had to be one one's toes, improvise constantly, play along with the emotions of the contestants and truly be the "anchor" of the show.
Topic started by Mishubaa
Last replied by Saziya