•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 16 years ago

Miilee goes to Pakistan

Mona Wasu to do a serial called Roothe Naina for PTV

Ram Kamal Mukherjee

Mona Wasu

After Bollywood actress Vidya Balan went to Karachi to release Mehnaaz Malik's book, it's time now for television actress Mona Wasu (of Milee fame) to visit Pakistan. Wasu has been invited to the country to act in a serial, which is tentatively titled Roothe Naina.

The actress will leave by April-mid for the shoot. "Yes, I am doing a serial for Pakistan TV and I will be joining the cast and the crew from April," says Mona. She will be playing the role of Neha whose mother hails from India and father hails from Pakistan. "It's a very interesting plot and I am glad that they selected me for the role," she adds. The 13-episode serial is based on a popular Pakistani short story. "I agreed to do this serial because it is a time bound one and I can come back and join the Miilee unit. I recieved this offer last September but I got time to shoot for it now," she says.

However, Wasu is disappointed that her serial won't be telecast in India. "We don't get PTV in India, so my fans will miss the serial," rues Mona. Produced by Hassan, the serial will have music by Vishal Bharadwaj. 

She also intends to visit her roots in Pakistan. "My name is Mona Wasu, and Wasu is a small village which is 150 km away from Islamabad. I am travelling with my parents and I will make it a point to take them to my hometown," she says. Apart from Mona, actress Juhi Parmar and Hussain (lead couple of Kumkum) will also act in the serial. "They have a parallel love story track. My role is that of a daughter who comes to Pakistan after the death of her mother in India. She meets a couple of people in Pakistan and accidentally meets her father too. I can't reveal more than that about the story," she says. 

Considering that she will be in Pakistan for a long period of time, will she be quitting Miilee? "No. I am very much associated with Miilee," she replies.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/nmirror/mmpaper.asp?sectid=19&am p;articleid=382006223758421382006223629546

Edited by monika.goel - 16 years ago
thanks for sharing
Thanks 4 the article Big smile