Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

N Sinha thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

[QUOTE=T.]I
I like the Kal Hona Ho Instrumental - a lot of piano in there. I also liked the instrument use in Dil Chahta Hai (Jaane Kyun Log pyaar karte hai, Kaise hai ye rut)[/QUOTE]

jete raho Tanaaz puttri, sada khush raho.

I do love to play the former on keyboards, it is lovely.
And the sliding down the bass guitar effect which you listen in jane kyu log pyar karte hai is hallmark of Illiaya saab, I can't credit SEL for that..😉

soulsoup thumbnail

Thanks from the bottom of my heart for starting this thread Sinha-ji.

👏

Instruments are like threads of a complete song – beading together lyrics, composition and the singer. Imagine 'chura liya hai tumne jo dilko' without the lead guitar!   

On the same note – anyone missed the lively live music band on the final round of SRGMP?

musicpulse thumbnail
Doctor Sahab, Hats Off to you. There is underlying pain in your post. Truly magnanimous. 👏 👏 👏 .
Yes the instruments are like a backbone of the song, very vital but you cannot see it, unless you make a compulsory effort to do so. In hindi film music too, vocals and lyrics are given much highlight and the poor instrumenatlists have to go unnoticed. But songs with a superb track have(pal pal dil ke paas) recd rave reviews, sometimes. But by and large they go untalked tough not unnoticed. Its not like people don't appreciate them, its more like they are taken for granted(just like our mom dear at home 😉 ).
Just one example...diwana hua badal...the musical interludes are heart-wrenching.And who can beat Pancham.He was God.
soulsoup thumbnail
Bump - this should be on the FP
apparaohoare thumbnail
Once again, an article like this could come out from the the golden desk of a real RD fan.

👏 Sinha ji.

About the case against Abhi, I am with you Sinha ji. As I said yesterday too, Abhi should be banned from this forum. He will be responsible if we all loose our jobs. 😆

greatmaratha thumbnail
How can one forget the instrumental in the songs in Teesri Manzil. They were Panchamda, I am told.
vinit_fan thumbnail
hey..... u know wht???

VINIT AND HIMESH ROCKS...... 😉 😉 😉 and himeshjis compossions truly rocks.... 😃 😃 😃
musicpulse thumbnail
Originally posted by: Tansensez

👏👏👏

Thanks for the informative contribution..

From me too.👏👏👏

appa_d thumbnail
Instruments ROCKS!!! (just got influenced from the above post, Sorry).

Great Thread, Sinhaji.
I dont have any technical knowledge or training, but I do love instrument with/without lyrics. Be it violin, bansuri, sarangi, tabla/drums, guitar, piano...
AS musicpulse mentioned 'Diwana hua badal', the piaono there is unforgettable. The same goes for the guitar Chura liya hai tumne'. And many more...like i remember the instruments used in Chandni too.
As u said, RDB had great sense of using right kind of instruments with the right song. I think grt rendering of instruments can also hide the drawback of not so grt lyrics.
Once again, good post.
*Jaya* thumbnail
I think I have heard wonderful usage of guitar in Rang de Basanti by ARR after a long long time...

Also simply loved the shehai versions of 'Yeh jo des hai tera' and 'Pal pal hai bhari' in Swades...