Login To Vote
Posted: 18 years ago

Originally posted by vinitlover619

hmmm......confused... πŸ˜•

really πŸ˜†

Originally posted by rage797

really πŸ˜†

no not rilly lol... i acutal like hema..he is wa my second choice....😊 but just in a joking mood lol...riily hyper..heheπŸ˜†

Originally posted by mesoran

BOTH R WORST..

Qazi was the best

Moron😑

adwaraknathji, I beg to disagree when you say that Karunya is more technically better than Hema. I am not as trained in music as you are, but its just a small analysis.

Hema sang songs of Hariharan (Nahin Saamne, Hay Rama), Sukhwinder (Ramta Jogi), Udit Narayan (Ae Ajnabi, Mitwa), Suresh Wadkar (Mera Karma ), Shaan (My Dil goes mmm), Sonu (Tanhayee, Saathiya), A R Rahman (Vande Mataram), Kishore Kumar (Aane wala pal, Bachna Ae Haseeno), SPB (Pehla Pehla Pyaar), Shankar Mahadevan (Dil Chahta Hai), Atif (Woh lamhe), Kumar Sanu (Chori Chori, Ishq Vishq), Abhishek Bachan (Right Here Right Now), Kunal Ganjawala (Channa Ve)... that is a HUGE HUGE HUGE variety of singers and out of these, he performed bad in how many 1..2 max 3.. and even when he performed bad, it didnt sound awful.. like his Mera Karma Tu was really good.. i thought he deserved a 6 atleast..because he slipped a bit in sur but caught back on..

Karunya on the other hand has sung songs by Sukhwinder (Kavah Kavah, Layee Vi Na Gayee, Lagan Lagi), NFAK Sahab (Piya Re, Kaisa Ye Pyaar Hai), Manna De (Zohar Jabeen), Sonu (Chak De), Babul Supriyo (Saanson me).. and his worse performances were the last two and they were just plain AWFUL ! He over did the 'Chak De', it sounded like he was spitting the word..it was just miserable..

None of Hema's performances were miserable..not good but def. not miserable.. Hema also sang a lot more of A R Rahman songs vs Karunya who sang none.. Rahman songs have a lot of overlapping and he did it to perfection (Saathiya I thought was brilliant.. to pull that song on stage is hard and its a risk because the original song there is a lot of enhancements done to Sonu's voice when he says 'Saathiya', the echo feeling which u cant do live). Next weeks gala is Rahman special, lets here what Karunya sings and how much justice he does to it and then it would be fair to say.

Another thing is, I think Hema is a better performer.. Karunya performs good but he doesnt dance as much as Hema does ! I know some of them are recorded but even some of his live performances he was performing more (Woh Lamhe, Saathiya, Mundiyaan to Bachke).. Keeping II in mind where performance matters, I think Karunya falls short.

More over, Hema's voice is far more masculine than Karunya's (I said this in another post too).. It suits more conventional bollywood heros.

But not to discredit Karunya, I love that boy! Watching him sing is such a delight, he reminsd me of Hemu so much !! Wish he would go to the final with Amey, that would be a final worth watching !!
Please hear his Chak De ! Where is the shruti in that song ?! It was totally off..

I agree with the mechanical part. Its very mechanical. All singers in II are like that. Amey Date who I think is also really good sings mechanical some time.. I think its something to do with the stage. I was watching his performance when he took part in SRGM years ago, he was brilliant..

Karunya's songs dont touch you as much as Hema's does.. he is lucky he is in II where the competition is just..well awful !