•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 18 years ago
Antara Mitra voted out of Indian Idol
And this time around in a most shocking and tragic elimination round the nation witnessed the vote out of Anu Malik's dream female Idol - Antara Mitra!!! The only girl in the show has been voted out... a highly talented, the highly appraised and a favourite of all judges...Antara was in shatters!
The platform that had reached out to the nooks and corners of the nation and had brought out talents like Antara had to leave her behind and move on with the TOP 4 Finalists of Indian Idol 2 - Amey, Karunya, Sandeep and Anuj. The results were devastating for the audience as well as the judges who had always believed in Antara and the fact that she had the perfect voice for playback singing. Farah had also felt that her makeover had done some brilliant positive changes to her personality. While all the judges felt that Anuj or Sandeep should have been voted out, they were quite shocked when Anuj was declared safe.

"It is true that I know regret our decision of getting back Anuj...he hasn't shown the kind of talent that we expected out of him...we should have considered better options," said a regretful Sonu.

Anu Malik on the other hand couldn't get over the fact that his favourite contestant was voted out. He went up on the stage and promised to make Antara sing for him!!! Antara though at a loss at being voted out of Indian Idol thought that she had gained a lot too from that very platform. "This stage has given me sooo much...such glamour...such recognition...that though I am upset about the vote out but I am quite content with the Indian Idol stage! Though out of Indian Idol... I am not going back to my village, I am going to stick on here in Mumbai and make my name in the music industry," said a tearful yet confident Antara.

The only female contestant is now out. Voting out every single extremely talented female singer out of the race just questions the judging criteria of the viewers. Neha Kakkar, Monali Thakur, Meenal Jain and now the highly talented deserving finalist Antara Mitra......the nation surely did not want a female singer but to vote out good singers would be a heavy loss for us. To vote for your favourite singer and the best singer tune in to Sony Entertainment TV only on Mondays and Tuesdays at 9 PM.
ANTARA is truely a winner....

even many thinks she is dark horse of teh show....

But people nw go for one who si simple & down to earth...

Thast why still Anuj didnt come bottom 3.....

He will go far ....in TOP 2 am sure he will be there with Amey/Karunya I thinkEdited by sumesh - 18 years ago
antraaaaaaaaaa outtttttttttt........... 👏 .........wish they could send sandy and anuj home toooooooooooo 😡
i agree with u sumesh.. Antara is a very good singer.. she will make a mark in this industry for sure.. her voice quality, her presentation is too good.
hi
its sad antara has been voted out
great loss to indian idol again..
thankx for sharing
huzi

Always n 4ever meenal fan
nahi saraswati!!!! 😭 😭 how can someone who is so talented get out???? she was soooo close i think anuj should have gone out instead he is not as good as her!! 😡

(and meenal should not have gone) 😆
Aww we'll miss her 😭

Even Panna wanted her to become the Next II ...She was a great singer 😳 I feel so bad for Antara 😕 I wish she could come back ...even Panna 😭 😭 😭

The results are always shocking 😭 Antara Rocks !!! 😃