Woh Rehne Waali Mehlo Ki

GupShup - "Cooking" - Page 3

TiNa58 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

This content was originally posted by: woow

hehehe...do u talk to ur mum about me huh?
its gets annoying at time whn parents compare u to others...i remember last to last yr...my sista/friend's mum kept telling her, look at supriya...she can cook n u dont ...n ya hehehe

i gtg now will be back tomm

😆 Yup, I do..She was amazed when she found out that u've been cooking since 13..Yeah, i know how it feels to get compared to others..But I guess parents are just like that..😳

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

fading_smiles thumbnail
ahhh you guys! guess what?! you'll never believe this but..i made aloo ka paratas!! and let me tell you, i make some gooood paratas. sigh..my first step to cooking success 😆
Aparna_BD thumbnail
O,K i enjoy cooking most of the times !! BUT since i have to cook dinner for US everyday i am often bored !!

I cook every thing Indian mostly and love trying new recipies !! I have a shelf full of recipie books and i often browse through them !! I love the Food Network on T.V !! Basically i am a through and through foodie !! 😳

I have a interesting anecdote on how i started to cook !!
O.K i was 19 and dating my husband (then Boy friend) !! One afternoon my dear boyfriend asked me to make him tea !! Very sadly my cook had cleaned up the kitchen and left for the day !! I realised the milk hadn't been boiled yet !!( For those Americans , In India we get these packet milk ........first you cut the packet .....pour it in a large vessel and must boil the milk before using it ). Now i didn't know the art of cutting those packets and neatly pouring it in the vessel so i first spilt half a packet on myself !! Next after i put the milk for boiling .............my basic physics failed me !! I didn't know what was "boiling" !! 😳 So i stared at the milk and wondered .....how the heck will i know once the milk has "boiled" !!I was in tears and then i finally pulled my boy friend in the Kitchen to ask him to help !!!

He was shocked and not too amused !! He gave me a long lecture as he must have realised ...............what the hell i was planning to marry this dame !!

Finally i decided to ask my cook and my mom to teach me cooking !! 😳

And now i cook every thing !! 😊
Huma2 thumbnail
wow...hehe uve sorta inspired me know...well actually scared..me i gotta learn soon too....its one of those things on my to do list that never gets done...
Miss.Supriya thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: mtina58

😆 Yup, I do..She was amazed when she found out that u've been cooking since 13..Yeah, i know how it feels to get compared to others..But I guess parents are just like that..😳

wooooow u hve told ur mum about me....wooooow i feel special nowwww

hehehe

Miss.Supriya thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: angad_kripa_fan

ahhh you guys! guess what?! you'll never believe this but..i made aloo ka paratas!! and let me tell you, i make some gooood paratas. sigh..my first step to cooking success 😆

hehehhe...wooow thts good.....strting to get thr...hehe

Miss.Supriya thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Aparna_BD

O,K i enjoy cooking most of the times !! BUT since i have to cook dinner for US everyday i am often bored !!

I cook every thing Indian mostly and love trying new recipies !! I have a shelf full of recipie books and i often browse through them !! I love the Food Network on T.V !! Basically i am a through and through foodie !! 😳

I have a interesting anecdote on how i started to cook !!
O.K i was 19 and dating my husband (then Boy friend) !! One afternoon my dear boyfriend asked me to make him tea !! Very sadly my cook had cleaned up the kitchen and left for the day !! I realised the milk hadn't been boiled yet !!( For those Americans , In India we get these packet milk ........first you cut the packet .....pour it in a large vessel and must boil the milk before using it ). Now i didn't know the art of cutting those packets and neatly pouring it in the vessel so i first spilt half a packet on myself !! Next after i put the milk for boiling .............my basic physics failed me !! I didn't know what was "boiling" !! 😳 So i stared at the milk and wondered .....how the heck will i know once the milk has "boiled" !!I was in tears and then i finally pulled my boy friend in the Kitchen to ask him to help !!!

He was shocked and not too amused !! He gave me a long lecture as he must have realised ...............what the hell i was planning to marry this dame !!

Finally i decided to ask my cook and my mom to teach me cooking !! 😳

And now i cook every thing !! 😊

awwwww ....tht must be very embarrasing....i wouldnt spare my boyfriend to embarrass me like tht....

Aparna_BD thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: woow

awwwww ....tht must be very embarrasing....i wouldnt spare my boyfriend to embarrass me like tht....

Yup it was embarrasing !!😳😳 But now my ex- boyfriend and current hubby is all praises for my cooking !! And he better be ..............when ever he grumbles i just stop cooking and tell him i don't have the inspiration to cook so lets do a take out !! So that fixes him.😆

Tip for you kunwari girls !!😉
Miss.Supriya thumbnail
hehehehehe....thx for the tip....i will surely do tht
TiNa58 thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: angad_kripa_fan

hehe..wow!! 👏 once, i attempted to make chappatis and instead of having the perfect round shape, i made shapes of different countries in the map!! 😆