Jodee Kamaal Ki

RAKSHANDA KHAN

funkygirlz95 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Rakshanda Khan: I can die eating but I wont diet

Whether she is Mallika in Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin or Tanya in Kyunki... Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi..., Rakshanda Khan has become hugely popular!

She is now part of the ICC Champions Trophy, as part of the popular show Extraa Innings.

The model-turned-actress is keeping a hectic schedule, which is why now seems the right time to ask her how she keeps herself looking so good!

Make-up for me

Is always basic: Kaajal, blush and lip gloss. If I feel adventurous, then I wear eye liner.

My skincare fundas

I try and drink lots of water.

I try and sleep at least five to six hours every day.

Always, always take off your makeup before going to bed. For me, it is a whole 10-minute routine to remove all my makeup.

I put on a rejuvenating mask every night. Or an anti-acne mask. Since I am in a profession where I have makeup on like 14 to 15 hours a day, it is very important for me to protect my skin.

My love affair with food

I can die eating, but I won't diet! I love food too much for that.

I inherited this huge weight problem from my mother. She is beautiful and a great cook and I inherited her weight problem as her gene gift!

I can smell food and put on weight. And if it's not fattening, I don't like it.

I eat cheesy pizzas.

I am the only person I know who eats a whole bar of Toblerone first thing in the morning.

I am a disaster.

I am a convenient vegetarian. I love prawns and crab. I love Butter Garlic Crab from Trishna [a Mumbai restaurant famed for its sea food], Prawn Koliwada from Gajalee [a popular Mumbai seafood restaurant], Natural's ice creams, Smokin' Joe's pizzas and french fries from anywhere!

Rakshanda Khan on how to look hot!

Rakshanda KhanToday, she's more known as Mallika, the character she plays in the popular television serial, Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin.

It was with this serial that former model Rakshanda Khan, who also dabbled as a television anchor, has found fame as an actor.

At the Lakme India Fashion Week, rediff.com got Rakshanda to answer five quick questions:

What are you wearing?

A beige top with a knee-length skirt that has frills at the bottom.

Is it a designer outfit?

Yes. It is an Ashish Soni outfit that I picked because skirts are very in, prints are very in, but more than anything else because the whole outfit is very comfortable. 

Who are your favorite designers?

Hemant Trevedi, Abu Jani-Sandeep Khosla and Aki Narula.

I really like Hemant Trevedi and I buy a lot of his stuff from the Sheetal Design Studio in Mumbai. 

What kind of clothes do you avoid?

Spaghetti strap tops and anything else that is too revealing.

Where do you usually shop for your clothes?

I like Zara in London. They have a lot of very nice jackets and tops. 

The other one is Monsoon, in London, Dubai and many other cities. I pick up a lot of accessories from there.

In India, I usually shop at the Sheetal Design Studio. I am not really hot on designer stuff. Most of my stuff is not designer wear. I pick them up from just anywhere.

Edited by funkygirlz95 - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sanjana22sanju thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
good one..thanks a lot for sharing....
Virgo_Stars thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3