Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

CLONES - A DATABASE - Page 5

giggles_2005 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
This content was originally posted by: punjini

No you have a great memory. He has acted in 3 forgettable movies - Agreement, Zehreelee and Do Jasoos

See ....with u around Adwarkanath I would have to start taking memory enhancing pills

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mishtimoni thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: ab_srgmp

I was just thinking about this yesterday (mostly wrt Vinit/Sonu/Rafi).

From an article that I read, I'm not sure if Sonu intentional mimicked Rafi or if his voice was just similar in quality that most people felt that he sounded like him (I have not heard his earlier songs to judge for myself).

He complained that MDs who wanted to hire him e.g.Jatin-Lalit were waiting to give him an opportunity when they wanted a Rafi type song. Sonu claimed that he always wanted to sing as HIMSELF.

Once people saw him for himself (and saw his versatility), that's when he really made it in Bollywood.

That being said, over the last four years, I have found Sonu to sing very similar songs. And he has that signature 'haiiiii' moan/groan. I guess he has found his own style, and once you do, you tend to get pigeon-holed into that type of genre. Or maybe I haven't heard enough of his songs lately

No matter what Sonu says, he definitely was a big Rafi clone.. infact he keeps saying Rafi Saab is his idol..his singing till today is molded in the Rafi style..Rafi saab had a distinct  Kirana Gharana stamp.. in one of Sonu's recent songs.. 'desh ki mittike khushbu' from 'Bose the forgotten hero', you can still hear the influence.. although it is an absolutely beautiful composition and brilliantly sung  by Sonu..
Mishtimoni thumbnail
"That being said, over the last four years, I have found Sonu to sing very similar songs. And he has that signature 'haiiiii' moan/groan. I guess he has found his own style, and once you do, you tend to get pigeon-holed into that type of genre. Or maybe I haven't heard enough of his songs lately"

oh I just love the Haii moan/groan part of your comment.. my feelings exactly..Edited by Mishtimoni - 18 years ago
Dancnballa23 thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: adwarakanath

Patiala Gharana, actuallyπŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

His guru was the modern tansen...Ust. Bade Ghulam Ali Khan of the Patiala Gharana

You really know your stuffπŸ‘πŸΌ

makaveli313 thumbnail
all i noe is that there is no clone of twinkle, sharib and hemu...
Dancnballa23 thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: makaveli313

all i noe is that there is no clone of twinkle, sharib and hemu...

Maybe if Rani Mukerjee starts singing, we might have a twinke clone πŸ˜‰

punjini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Dancnballa23

Maybe if Rani Mukerjee starts singing, we might have a twinke clone πŸ˜‰

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

punjini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

[QUOTE=adwarakanath]Sorry pujiniji, MK wasn't a Rafi clone. He was sure influenced by Rafi...infact, there's a story on how a young MK went to meet Rafi and expressed his desire to sing for films and Rafi told him to get Classical training. MK then trained for 5 years (or something like that) and then won the competition that gave him a break with Naushad.
And MK is a fantastic singer πŸ˜‰ .

QUOTE]

We lock horns over Mahendra Kapoor again!πŸ˜•

Can't stand the way he murders beautiful songs!!! He pollutes them with his breath. You are right, he can't even be called a clone. Sorry, I am a little touchy on this one. Or maybe you are provoking me?

Edited by punjini - 18 years ago
arun_8687 thumbnail
I like Shaan cuz he'z original to the core.
The kinda enthusiasm he brings to his songs is truly amazing πŸ‘
giggles_2005 thumbnail
MK is the real punjab da Puttar ..Punjini dont mistake his extra exuberance to polluting of songs 😊 Edited by giggles_2005 - 18 years ago