Posted: 18 years ago
Everyone tries to imitate his/her fav/idol in begining, nothing wrong in that as Pt.Jasraj said in an episode (where he was with Daler Mehandi).
Originally posted by riddler100

A nice thread punjini ji...
Just one request, please lets take out the names from SRGMP from the list or this thread will again become a battleground and the Mods will be forced to close it...

Regarding Hemant Kumar, one was Subir Sen (sang the song, "Manzil wahi hai pyaar ke raahi badal gaye") and there was (at least) another person some Bhattacharjee but the name skips my mind at the moment...

It definitely is interesting (as you've mentioned as well) that try hard as I may, cant think of a clone for Talat and Manna da...

Subir Sen also sang that wonderful song "Main rangila pyar ka rahi..." from "Chhoti Bahen"

The other Hemant clone was Dwijen Mukherjee. Some of his songs: "Aye dil kahan teri manzil..." & "Phir ek baar kaho.." both from "Maya"(Salil Chaudhury); "Tan jale man jalta rahe.."(Madhumati).

Manna clone --- after much thinking i found one less known singer who seemed to me to be close to Mannada - P. B. Srinivasan. The only hindi song of his I can remember is "Chanda se hoga woh pyara" from "Main bhi ladki hoon".

Shailendra Singh??? Is he the ones who sang in Julie...I think he was pretty ok...

Mukesh they say imitated KL saigal...has someone mentioned this on the thread already??
Aww cmmon he wasnt that bad now.... Shailendra singh I mean...did he also try his hand in acting...or am I all confused???
Originally posted by jhsurti

Subir Sen also sang that wonderful song "Main rangila pyar ka rahi..." from "Chhoti Bahen"

The other Hemant clone was Dwijen Mukherjee. Some of his songs: "Aye dil kahan teri manzil..." & "Phir ek baar kaho.." both from "Maya"(Salil Chaudhury); "Tan jale man jalta rahe.."(Madhumati).

Manna clone --- after much thinking i found one less known singer who seemed to me to be close to Mannada - P. B. Srinivasan. The only hindi song of his I can remember is "Chanda se hoga woh pyara" from "Main bhi ladki hoon".

Ye hui na baat...
YES, Dwijen Mukherjee was who I was thinking of. Thanks so much jhsurti ji...

You definitely are another "lurker" 😉 who reads a lot of these threads but doesn't post a lot. Would love to read more of your inputs on these kind of threads...

Ab ye "P. B. Srinivasan ji" ka gaana mujhe sun na padega...

Ya ...he was also from the "Nasal" clan...any relation to our very own HR??
Never knew aye dil kahaan teri manzil was sung by Dwijen Mukherji...lovely rendition..but definitely very Hemant Kumarish!

Originally posted by giggles_2005

Aww cmmon he wasnt that bad now.... Shailendra singh I mean...did he also try his hand in acting...or am I all confused???

No you have a great memory. He has acted in 3 forgettable movies - Agreement, Zehreelee and Do Jasoos

Originally posted by jhsurti

/QUOTE]

Thanks for throwing light. So "Ai dil kaha teri manzil" was sung by Dwijen Mukherji.

The other song you've mentioned "Mai rangeela pyaar ka raahi" is special for me because Lata has laughed in the song, and it's such a sweeet laughter. Tinkling bells!

Originally posted by adwarakanath

Arey shrutiji, PB Srinivas wasn't a Mannada clone...he was a FANTASTIC kannada singer!

He was definitely a fantastic Kannada singer but I didn't know he sang a Hindi song. He had shades of Manna De in him but can't be called a clone, certainly.