Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Ekta Kapoor axes two K-shows

Kesar and K-Street Pali Hill will go off air soon

Reena Thapar Kapoor

When Ekta Kapoor picks up the axe, shows fall by the wayside

A still from Kesar

A still from K-Street...

Balaji shows have a shelf-life too. Two of Ekta Kapoor's shows on Star Plus, Kesar and K-Street Pali Hill, are slated to wind up soon. There seems to be a big change in the offing with Balaji having already started work on two new shows to replace the outgoing ones. Ekta Kapoor says, "Such decisions are always difficult to make. Ending a show is an emotional decision that I have to make as a producer. Both the shows have done well in their respective slots. But now the storylines of both are completely saturated. So, I thought it is best to fold them up at this point. The last episode of Kesar will be aired on June 20."

Always one to plan things well in advance, Kapoor says, "My team is already working on the replacement for Kesar, which is an afternoon show." She adds that she isn't yet ready for a suitable replacement for K-Street... "I can give a definite date, only when I'm ready with a great show."

While Kapoor admits freely to the change in plans at her production house, her actors seem to resist them Nikhil Arya who plays the lead in Kesar is not too happy about the show ending.  "The news is yet to sink in," he says. "I am what I am today because of the powerful character of Rudra that I play in the show. Kesar will always remain close to my heart. In future too, I will always attribute my success to it."

He adds, "Ekta does have something in mind for me, for the future. I cannot divulge more details on that just yet, but I'm sure it will be a great role." Since Arya's other show Rabba Ishq Na Hove, on Zee TV, is also in the process of wrapping up, this may well be a new beginning for him. 

A few days ago Mumbai Mirror had carried a story on the producer's dissatisfaction with the way her shows were shaping up. Word has it that Kaisa Yeh Pyar Hai, on Sony TV, will be axed too. " Kaisa... is not going off air. I'm happy that the show has picked up and is now doing well," says Kapoor.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

gazza thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
i hope this is not true i love kesar but not to keen on the other one