•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 18 years ago

Human wants are unlimited and Rituparna Sengupta is a human too. She has won national award and conquered Tollywood. Not satiated, she has taken Bollywood by storm. She has won the hearts of the audience with her splendid performance in her Hindi debut film 'Main Meri Patni aur Woh'. She has stepped into yet another film titled 'Unns'. Now, she reveals her heart feeling about this film, Bollywood and much more.

Excerpts from the Interview:

Could you tell us about your new film 'Unns' and your role in it?

'Unns' is a sensitive film with beautiful script. It's all about model Ria who is in love with a guy. She marries Rahul (Sanjay Kapoor) after her relationship with her boyfriend Rishi Rampal (Sudanshu Pandde) fails. Then her first love Rishi comes back to her life. The rest of the film is on what happens to her life and how she handles the matter. I play the role of Ria in the film.

Having won the national award, what more do you look forward to?

Everybody wants to achieve more and more, and I am no exception. I am working towards it. All I want is to move forward by working hard. I don't expect awards but I want to make my presence felt in Bollywood as an actress.

What types of role are you looking forward to do in Bollywood?

I am ready to do all kinds of role whether it is a masala or woman-oriented film. I have done lots of commercial films in Tollywood and I am not averse to it. Bollywood is happening and something new always comes out. So, I don't want to stay isolated.

Was it tough to mark a place Bollywood?

People here know me and respect me, as I am a big name in Tollywood. So, I also respect them. Bollywood has accepted me into its fold now. Film industry is a family, and so, I am just like an additional member to a family.

Today, you see Bengali actresses making it big in Bollywood and Bollywood directors coming to Tollywood. Do you think this move broadens up the boundary?

Actors can work anywhere. And so, there is nothing like boundary. The world is closing in and it's a good experience to work in other languages films.

Being a trained Odissi dancer, you have your own dance troupe. How do you manage the load, as you are busy with your acting career?

Dancing is my passion and I have my own dance troupe but it doesn't have Odissi element. It's a fusion dance. I am looking forward to take my troupe to the next level. I think time is not a matter if you have the passion. You know, there is time for everything.

Who are your favorite actors and actresses?

Among the actors, Aamir Khan Amitabh Bachchan, Uttam Kumar and Naseeruddin Shah top the list. I like actresses like Kajol, Shabana Azmi, Rekha and Madhuri Dixit.

Who are you favorite directors?

It has to be Gulzar, Satyajit Ray, Kundan Shah and Ritwik Ghatak.

What are your forthcoming films?

I have three to four offers in hand but I am yet to choose. I am also discussing a project with Aneesh ji. Let's see what will come out of it.