Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

I'm sure, both the film and its music wil

sheetald thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Catchy, pulsating, upbeat, raunchy and hard hitting…when it comes to churning out music as per the intrinsic tastes and likes of today's youth, none can do it better than Anand Raj Anand. The dashing, young and dynamic music director has been around for quite some time in the musical scene of Bollywood, but it looks like its time for him to reap the long overdue harvests of his years of sheer determination and hard work. After churning out hit music for films such as Kaal, Musafir, Masti, Kaante, Hadh Kar Di Aapne, Major Saab, Masoom, to name a few, Anand Raaj Anand is back in the reckoning with chartbusters like Humko Tumse Pyaar Hai that released this year, and Aryan, that is due for release. We met up with this engineer turned music director. Excerpts:

Were you the first choice for Bunty Soorma's Humko Tumse Pyaar Hai?
Considering the cut-throat competition, I must consider myself lucky for landing the project. After Raja Hindustani, Bunty Soorma was determined to work with me in his next film. He even went to the extend of saying that he will work with none other than Anand Raaj Anand as music director for Humko Tumse Pyaar Hai. But considering Nadeem Shravan's super hit job in Raja Hindustani, the Morani Brothers were a little reluctant. But things became more positive, and they too agreed to give me the film for its background score.

Is there any specific style of music that you used for the film's music?
Yes, this time around, I've rendered an out-an-out Indian Melody. Not long ago, film critics were abuzz that I use a lot of western influence in my music. Now with the extensive use of the Indian dholak, tabla, sitar, etc, I'm glad to have silenced these critics once and for all. Also I've used some traditional Rajasthani sounds finely blending with westernized beats as the trend of todays demands.

Considering the success of Raja Hindustani, were you undr pressure to perform?
Yes, of course! Raja Hindustani was a huge hit and I had a gigantic responsibility of at least matching that output. I've worked very hard on this film. Now I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the public response. Although I'm super confident, I sincerely hope they like it.

With Aryan you also turn to other ventures other than music. Comment.
Oh yes! I have a 40% stake in Aryan. To put it in Sohail Khan's words, he said " Agar film chalti hai to bada maza ayea. Aur aghar music bhi chale to sone pe suhaga hho jayega". What more could I ask for? I was thrilled to the core, and just followed my instincts.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters