~~llThe Chetan Bhagat FC # 1ll~~

Posted: 12 years ago

Ah! strikes a cord eh???
Yup people.. our favourite author!
The Chetan Bhagat😃 finally we started the FC😆
arrey we were gonna keep a better start.. but..u na... me and my messed up ways!!!
jaldi jaldi mein i forgot to do what mariam and i had thought😳... i know.. my bad

So... what we waiting for!! spam spam spam... and complete the First ever FC of CB😆😆 dnt expect me to write skillfully as CB... he and his sarcasm, his jokes his writing are nothing i can match😳 and i dnt wanna match my hero too... (mujhe unka competition nai banna 🤣)
anyways...

WELCOME ALL!!!
join in the fun... all here😉
lets start the FC now.. my buc buc wont stop

.:About Chetan Bhagat:.

(note:: almost all info is taken from Chetan Bhagat's official site:: www.chetanbhagat.com)

Chetan Bhagat is the author of five blockbuster novels ' Five Point Someone (2004), One Night @ the Call Center (2005), The 3 Mistakes of life (2008), 2 States (2009) and Revolution 2020 (2011).

Chetan's books have remained bestsellers since their release, and have been adapted into major Bollywood films. The New York Times called him the 'the biggest selling English language novelist in India's history.' Time magazine named him in the '100 Most Influential People in the world' and Fast Company, USA listed him as one of the world's '100 most creative people in business.'

Chetan writes columns for leading English and Hindi newspapers, focusing on youth and national development issues. He is also a motivational speaker.

Chetan quit his international investment banking career in 2009, to devote his entire time to writing and make change happen in the country. He lives in Mumbai with his wife Anusha, an ex-classmate from IIMA and his twin boys Shyam and Ishaan.

wanna know more about his works?? check the posts below😉
Edited by stuti_naksh4eva - 12 years ago

The book starts with a disclaimer, 'This is not a book to teach you how to get into IIT or even how to live in college. In fact, it describes how screwed up things can get if you don't think straight.'

Three hostelmates ' Alok, Hari and Ryan get off to a bad start in IIT ' they screw up the first class quiz. And while they try to make amends, things only get worse. It takes them a while to realize: If you try and screw with the IIT system, it comes back to double screw you. Before they know it, they are at the lowest echelons of IIT society. They have a five-point-something GPA out of ten, ranking near the end of their class. This GPA is a tattoo that will remain with them, and come in the way of anything else that matters ' their friendship, their future, their love life. While the world expects IITians to conquer the world, these guys are struggling to survive.

Will they make it? Do under performers have a right to live? Can they show that they are not just a five-point-somebody but a five-point-someone?

Edited by _Mariam_ - 12 years ago

In winter 2004, a writer met a young girl on a night train journey. To pass the time, she offered to tell a story. However, she had a condition: that he make it into his second book. He hesitated, but asked what the story was about.

The girl said the story was about six people working in a a call center, set in one night.

She said it was the night they got a phone call.

That phone call was from God.

The story follows the journey of these 6 call center agents, and how one night, and one phone call changes their lives forever. A youth based novel, reflecting problems a common youth can have, this story does make a mark

In late-2000, a young boy in Ahmedabad called Govind dreamt of having a business. To accomodate his friends Ish and Omi's passion, they open a cricket shop. Govind wants to make money and thinks big. Ish is all about nurturing Ali, the batsman with a rare gift. Omi knows his limited capabiltiies and just wants to be with his friends. However, nothing comes easy in a turbulent city. To realize their goals, they will have to face it all ' religious politics, earthquakes, riots, unacceptable love and above all, their own mistakes.

How do the three of them make it... fighting the different evils of the society.. is all what the story follows. Based primarily on the Gujrat Riots, this book reveals the true condition of India

waah... i m sooo happy... i realized now i got this post😆 arrey i can go on and on and on about this book i mean even if u ask me at 3.30 at night, k stuti, tell me bout 2 states... i will start off from the beginning to the end... the humour, the sarcasm... i... of the whole world, I.. i know sounds impossible.. read this book 4 times😲 yup... i read CB books more than once😃 i cant read others.. and if u ask me to chose among all his books na.. u bet.. i will chose this one!!! i LOVE this book like anything!!! i mstill not bugged of the jokes.. bol😆

if u havent read this book... i gues u havent read the BEST book in the world👎🏼 u OUGHT to read this book... it rocks😉 chalo... heres the summary

A story about Krish and Ananya. They are from two different states of India, deeply in love and want to get married. Of course, their parents don't agree. To convert their love story into a love marriage, the couple have a tough battle in front of them. For it is easy to fight and rebel, but it is much harder to convince.

The story follows the tale of these 2 lovebirds, who, with their love make marriage possible. A breathtaking, entertaining, awesome novel which tells us, "where there is love and will, there is a way"

Once upon a time, in small-town India, there lived two intelligent boys.
One wanted to use his intelligence to make money.
One wanted to use his intelligence to create a revolution.
The problem was, they both loved the same girl.

A story about childhood friends Gopal, Raghav and Aarti who struggle to find success and love in Varanasi. However, it isn't easy to achieve this in an unfair society that rewards the corrupt. As Gopal gives in to the system, and Raghav fights it.

The serious, to the point tale of the three youngsters opens the envelope to the current political system of India. With the apt writing, and wonderful storyline.. the book does create a "Revolution".

yaaay!!! finally cb has a fc

he is an amazing writer!!!!!!!!

just love his books... read every book at least 20 times..

love the way he plays with words...

ty stuti for this fc👏
Originally posted by jasminedayal18

yaaay!!! finally cb has a fc

he is an amazing writer!!!!!!!!

just love his books... read every book at least 20 times..

love the way he plays with words...

ty stuti for this fc👏
how did u know we created the FC??? i still havent pmed anyone
haha..😉 m a great stalker... was going through some topics on this forum where i came across ur name... so randomly opened it and could not resist commenting on it...

🤣
Originally posted by jasminedayal18

haha..😉 m a great stalker... was going through some topics on this forum where i came across ur name... so randomly opened it and could not resist commenting on it...

🤣
🤣🤣 no wonder!! i was gonna pm ppl after mariam unres her posts... maybe tomo😆😆