Internet addiction and lifestyle

Posted: 18 years ago

Is Internet addictive? This question has been lately puzzling me a lot. At the weekends, when my hubby dear conquers my computer, I sometimes feel very frustrated and have come to realize that I need to surf the net on a regular basis and that has almost become a lifestyle. Or am suffering from what they call as IAD or Internet Addictive Disorder.
There are many health and lifestyle problems associated with web browsing. When browsing tends to be more mouse-intensive, the so-called "addicts" may have an increased chance of sustaining soft tissue damage in fingers, wrist, arm, shoulder or neck.I admire Internet for its connectivity and global reach; and I find it a much better option than watching the K-serials on the telly.
I feel that healthy discussions and thrashing out things is like exercising the mind. And expressing positively definitely creates way for more positive thoughts.
So it doesn't bother me if I am one of those who are suffering from Internet Addictive Disorder (IAD) as there are sure ways to balance it off. Besides this, the Internet for sure is a vast resource and a very beneficial one too. And till the technology progress to develop anything superior to the net I will continue to be an ardent admirer of it.

what do u think?

Edited by dolly - 18 years ago
I think internet is a pain in the neck . No seriously, i mean literaly pain in the neck . I have been sitting on it like i always do every day for hours now . I need an exercise and some fresh air since my neck is damn stiff !! 😆 😆

Thx for reminding me i need some fresh air and i need to put down my lap top. 😆
😆
i know aparna what u mean.
I sometimes get up at night and surf net.I have some friends in India and UAE and when it is night in US over there is day time, so I stay up for them 😕 😆.But I have controlled myself quite a bit. Was wandering if there is anyone like me 😉 😆
anyone? lol dolly try every1..or @least most of us...i feel tht i am a victim of IAD 😆

i alwaiiz wanna come on and c wat ppl posted and reply 2 thm and stuff...so ok thts IF well i also w8 4 ppl 2 come on and i talk 2 ppl for hrz and not realize it and if i e-mail sum1 i w8 4 der reply and if nuttin else thn i play games..1 way or another i cant seem 2 get myself away...and thn wen im on i try 2 figure out y im on and ders never a gud enuff reason 😆 😆
actually i am suffering from IF Addictive Disorder (IAD). i need help. 😭 😭
vishesh u log on every 30 min right 😆
i have done that too 😳

Originally posted by Anjali.Nair

actually i am suffering from IF Addictive Disorder (IAD). i need help. 😭 😭

ohh

join the club😆

However i have problems with this particular situation being called a disorder. Isn't it becoming a way of life...

Internet surely is the medium which has broken all the communication barriers. I have noticed that this forum has people from across the world which would not have been possible without the Internet.

Also business has become a lot more customer focussed thanks to Internet. Now-a-days you can showcase your products and services on the net and this also leads to a larger target market.

Thus the benefits are far too many than the possible drawbacks.
what do u think??
Edited by dolly - 18 years ago
yea dolly thts a good point and it shud b considered (hehe i can use it as an xcuse nxt tyme my mom and dad tell me ive been onlinee 4 2 long 😆 )
There are definitely benefits to this. And it is becoming a part of our daily lives. But, too much of anything is poison.

Yes, even IF. 😛