•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago

Love hurts, says Eva Groverr

ROSHNI K OLIVERA | Oct 23, 2011, 12.00AM IST
film|Eva Groverr|actor|Aamir Khan
Eva Groverr
Life's not easy, but Eva Groverr's mantra has always been to fight all odds with a smile. She was married to Haider Ali (actor Aamir Khan's step-brother), but went through a divorce three-and-a-half years ago.

She's come a long way since then. Currently, seen in Sony's Bade Acche Lagte Hain, the actress talks about her role and other 'weighty' issues...

Were you sceptical initially about playing mother in Bade Acche Lagte Hain?
I was, but now now I'm absolutely fine because I play Ram Kapoor's step-mother, who is almost his age. It's a strong character. People are hating her and that's an indication that they are liking my performance.

But does it hurt to be playing mother when you see other actresses playing younger roles?
It hasn't hampered my acting career in any way. I recently acted in the film Ready. I also did My Friend Ganesha's third sequel and got a good response.

On TV earlier you were seen in only positive roles. But your current show and the last one you did, saw you play negative roles...
I felt the characters were strong and hence took them up. Even while I was playing positive roles, I had got offers to play negative, but the roles weren't good enough so I didn't take them up.

A few years ago you had a drastic weight loss. But you seem to have gained a bit again...
Yes, there has been a little gain! At that time I was not doing too much work. So I used to gym a lot and was on a strict diet. But last few months I've had no time to go to the gym and I also took my diet casually. But now I've pulled up my socks and I'm looking to lose all the extra kilos I've gained.

You went through a divorce sometime ago... how did you cope with it?
Initially it was tough. It's especially tough for women, but my mother supported me very much. I have a lovely daughter to live for. She is adorable! I also have two to three close friends who've always stood by me. Now I've put it all behind me. It's erased... totally out of my system.

Are you seeing somebody now?
There isn't anybody in my life. There was someone I was attached to and this person was very nice, but it didn't work out and that upset me very much. In fact it hurt me more than anything else in my life. Being an emotional person who gets attached easily, I have decided that if I get into something now, it has to be permanent. Actually, I've almost decided to keep away from attachments that keep you on gas... on someday, off some day! Enough of that!
Edited by nypunya - 12 years ago
thanks for sharing nypunya
she is good actress
 Thanks for posting! so sad to see a beautiful woman go through so much of pain...My heart goes to her..Hope her life will turn around!
lovely article...thx for sharing:))
All the very best to you for a happy future.
For That Matter Any Kind Of Love Indeed Hurts.

Keep It Going With A Smile, Eva.

Thanks A Lot. Pleasure Reading The Article Above.
lovely article
thanks for sharing
She seems to be facing the trials in her life with grace and dignity. And she's right about Niharika's character. It's a strong character and she's playing it very well. 
Thanz for sharing. Eva seems to be  a very positive person inspite of doing negative roles..