Sachin Pilgaonkar appreciation thread!

Posted: 12 years ago
Hey friends!😊

I'm really glad to see Sachin on this show. He is a real Rockstar! As a matter of fact I was very much impressed with him in my teenage days and am still one his biggest fans. I was in high school when his super hit film Geet Gata Chal was released. His co-star Sarica was also a great actress and they acted together in lots of hit films.

I guess the secret behind his success is his last name, specially those three letters - Kar. LOL. His last name is Pilgaonkar. We all are familiar with Mangeshkar, and Tandulkar. When I was a kid, we had two big names in Indian cricket team - Ajit Wadekar and Eiknath Solkar. They were wonderful players. Ajit was the captain of Indian team whereas Eiknath was world class  allrounder.

Sachin was born in Mumbai in a Konkani Brahmin family who had roots in Goa. He started his film career as a child artist.Starting as a child actor, in Marathi film, Ha Majha Marg Ekla (1962), he went on to act in around 65 films as a child artiste, before switching to adult roles, and giving hits like Geet Gaata Chal (1975), Balika Badhu (1976), Ankhiyon Ke Jharokhon Se (1978), and Nadiya Ke Paar (1982) as a lead actor. He has worked in Hindi, Marathi and also in Bhojpuri cinema, and has acted, produced and directed successful comedy shows on Indian television, including Tu Tu Main Main (2000) and Kadvee Khatti Meethi. Besides that he also directed several hit Marathi films starting with Mai Baap (1982), Navri Mile Navryala (1984), Ashi Hi Banwa Banwi (1988), Amchyasarkhe Aamich (1990) and Navra Mazha Navsacha (2004). 

Sachin turned to Indian Television in the '90s, when he directed a superhit Hindicomedy show, Tu Tu Main Main on Hindi National channel Star Plus, which starred his wife Supriya and Reema Lagoo. He also directed a show "Rin 1 2 3" on Hindi National channel Star-Plus, which used to show parodies on Bollywood movies. He also directed the sitcom, Hudd Kar Di starring Dara Singh, which too initially did well, but later was pulled off. In the meantime, he also anchored Hindi music shows like Chalti Ka Naam Antakshari and various other events and Marathi film award ceremonies. In 2006, he, along with his wife, Supriya, won the Hindi dance Reality Show Nach Baliye, pocketing Rs. 40 lakh {Approx. $100,000}, beating nine other celebrity contestant pairs. In late 2007, he started a new programme on Zee Marathi, known as Eka Peksha Ek, which is based on dancecontests, finding hidden talent in all the areas of the state of Maharashtra in India.

He appeared as a judge of reality comedy talent show, Chhote Miyan (2009).

Because of Sachin, I became fan of Rajshree productions and never missed any film produced under this banner. Sir Tarachand Barjatya was a great film maker who started his career from Calcutta. Now his son Suraj is following his foot steps and gave us Hum Apkee hai kaun.

Ravindra Jain Sahab composed music for most of the Rajshree films and gave us numerous super hit songs. I will post a few videos from his amazing films. 

Edited by JaspalToronto - 12 years ago
Reserved for Sachin's video.
Thanks for the thread and information on Sachinji.
If I was not not supporting Ragini with all my heart and sould I would have supported Sachin jee as this man is truley a mutlitalent man who has not been appreciated enough by the media.
JAANA PEHCHANA is a sequel to the hit film ANKHIYON KE JHAROKHON SE"

SACHIN PILGAONKAR
SACHIN PILGAONKAR
Sachin Pilgaonkar hardly needs any introduction. Who can forget the handsome, boyish face from GEET GAATA CHAL, ANKHIYON KE JHAROKHON SE, BALIKA BADHU, SATTE PE SATTA, NADIYA KE PAAR, SHOLAY and countless other hits? After three decades of regaling both Hindi and Marathi film-buffs, Sachin's illustrious career seems to have come full circle. He has now returned to the legendary Rajshri Productions', the banner which gave him his first taste of national stardom. And the prodigal son has returned to shoulder far greater responsibilities with Rajshri's forthcoming film, JAANA PEHCHANA, a sequel to Rajshri's legendary ANKHIYON KE JHAROKHON SE...JAANA PEHCHANA also has his earlier co-star Ranjeeta playing the female lead opposite Sachin.

Here are the excerpts from an interview with the multi-faceted artiste...

How does it feel to return to the Rajshri banner after all these years, with JAANA PEHCHANA?
It feels wonderful! In fact, though I didn't work with them for so long, I never really felt that I was away from them. Rajshri Productions' has been like a second home to me and this is like a family reunion.

You are playing the lead in JAANA PEHCHANA and also directing it. Was it only because of the banner that you chose to direct the film too?
Of course, it is a great opportunity for any director to work with a banner like Rajshri. They are family. However, it was also the unique concept of the film which drew me to it. It is an emotional, sensitive romantic and contemporary story telling of the sort that has never been tackled in Indian cinema ever as it not only deals with JAANA PEHCHANA but also with ANKHIYON KE JHAROKHON SE. It is a challenge to delve deep into the nuances of the relationship between the two protagonists.

What was your reaction when you first heard that Ranjeeta would be your co-star once again?
It is very rare in the industry to see a popular on-screen couple come together again in a sequel of the same film. That too after so many years! We worked together in ANKHIYON KE JHAROKHON SE and the audience loved our chemistry. She is such a brilliant actor. It is a great pleasure to work with her even as a director.

Could you tell us a little about what JAANA PEHCHANA is all about?
JAANA PEHCHANA is basically a sequel to the hit film, ANKHIYON KE JHAROKHON SE. In AKJS, we saw the beautiful romance between Arun and Lily where eventually, Arun Mathur was left alone after his beloved, Lily's (Ranjeeta) death and he has been living in her memory ever since.

JAANA PEHCHANA introduces Asha (Ranjeeta), an author, who has an uncanny resemblance to Lily. She walks into the life of Arun Mathur to write his biography. What follows from there is a contemporary love story with a beautiful blend of old school romance combined with young love.

RANJEETA and SACHIN PILGAONKAR
RANJEETA and SACHIN PILGAONKAR
You are also singing a couple of songs in the film. What made you decide to do playback singing too?
It wasn't me who decided that. It was our music director Ravindra Jain's decision. He thought my voice would suit the character I play in the film. And by the way, this is not the first time I am singing in a film. I've been doing that since the past three decades!

Talking about Ravindra Jain, he had also composed the music for your super-hit films like GEET GAATA CHAL and ANKHIYON KE JHAROKHON SE, NADIYA KE PAAR. How is it interacting with him as a director?
Ravindra Jain or Dadu, as we all call him, has been a father-figure to me ever since I did those two films. The unforgettable songs of GEET GAATA CHAL, ANKHIYON KE JHAROKHON SE and NADIYA KE PAAR are still loved by people of every age. Absolutely nothing has changed since then. Dadu is still creating the same kind of magical music, which will be evident when the songs are released.

We hear that you have also written the screenplay for JAANA PEHCHANA. Since you are acting in and directing the film too, don't you think it is too much of a pressure?
Multi-tasking has always come naturally to me. For all my Marathi films as well, I have involved myself in the screenplays, direction, production, along with acting, so it was nothing new to me. In fact, it made the process much more exciting.

What made you decide to write the screenplay as well?
It was not planned. It just so happened that after reading the basic structure of the film's story, I began developing it in my own way. And I finally ended being the screenplay writer too!

From ANKHIYON KE JHAROKHON SE to JAANA PEHCHANA, what changes have you noticed in Rajshri Productions' way of working and their approach to films in general?
The biggest change has obviously been the use of advanced technology which wasn't available then. In keeping with the times, their films now have a much modern feel and look. But the legendary Rajshri values and their ethics are still very much the same. They have still kept that tradition intact. And it is this quality for which I respect and love them immensely.

As An Actor
Jaana Pehchana (September 16, 2011) (Released) ... Arun Prakash Mathur
Ram Gopal Varma Ki Aag (August 31, 2007) (Released) ... Ambar (Babban'S Brother)
Navra Mazha Navsacha (March 19, 2004) (Released) ... Wakratund
Sur - The Melody Of Life (September 13, 2002) (Released)
Aisi Bhi Kya Jaldi Hai (May 3, 1996) (Released) ... Sanjay Malhotra
Prem Deewane (June 12, 1992) (Released) ... Special Appearance
Amchya Sarkhe Amhich (1990) (Released)
Paraya Ghar (June 9, 1989) (Released)
Pyar Ka Mandir (April 1, 1988) (Released) ... Sanjay
Prem Sandesh (1988) (Released)
Shrawan Kumar (1988) (Released)
Maa Beti (February 27, 1987) (Released) ... Khetan
Mashooqa (1987) (Released)
Jeeva (December 5, 1986) (Released) ... Gopal Singh
Durga Maa (1986) (Released)
Aaj Ka Daur (December 6, 1985) (Released) ... Pratap Kapoor
Ram Tere Kitne Naam (February 15, 1985) (Released) ... Special Appearance, Gopi Chandan
Grahasthi (1985) (Released)
Sur Sangam (1985) (Released) ... Kanneshwar/Kannu
Sanjhi (1985) (Released)
Piya Milan (1985) (Released)
Aurat Pair Ki Joti Nahin (1985) (Released)
Ghar Dwar (1985) (Released) ... Ketan
Tulsi (1985) (Released)
Yeh Desh (February 24, 1984) (Released) ... Shashi
Dilawar (1984) (Released)
Avtaar (March 11, 1983) (Released) ... Sewak Krishen
Satte Pe Satta (January 22, 1982) (Released) ... Sunny Anand
Nadiya Ke Paar (1982) (Released) ... Chandan
Madhu Malti (1982) (Released)
Krodhi (March 20, 1981) (Released) ... Raja
Sweety (1981) (Released)
Judaai (September 26, 1980) (Released) ... Ravi Verma
Jaayen To Jaayen Kahan (1980) (Released)
Dil Ka Heera (October 19, 1979) (Released)
Gopal Krishna (July 6, 1979) (Released)
Aur Kaun (February 9, 1979) (Released) ... Raj
Jaan-E-Bahaar (1979) (Released)
The Adventurees Of Aladdin (1979) (Released) ... Aladdin
College Girl (August 24, 1978) (Released)
Trishul (May 4, 1978) (Released) ... Ravi
Anjaam (1978) (Released)
Ankhiyon Ke Jharokhon Se (1978) (Released) ... Arun Prakash Mathur
Shyam Tere Kitne Naam (1977) (Released)
Pratima Aur Payal (1977) (Released)
Bolo Hey Chakaradhari (1977) (Released)
Shirdi Ke Sai Baba (1977) (Released)
Aankh Ka Tara (1977) (Released) ... Makhan/Mohan
Raksha Bandhan (1976) (Released)
Balika Badhu (1976) (Released)
Zid (1976) (Released)
Arjun Pandit (1976) (Released)
Sholay (August 15, 1975) (Released) ... Ahmed
Geet Gata Chal (1975) (Released) ... Shyam
Raste Aur Manzil (1974) (Released)
Dastan (1972) (Released) ... (As Master Sachin)
Gambler (February 19, 1971) (Released) ... (As Master Sachin)
Mela (1971) (Released) ... (As Master Sachin)
Prem Pujari (February 6, 1970) (Released) ... Sunder
Safar (1970) (Released) ... Son Of The Dead Patient
Himmat (1970) (Released) ... Young Raghu (As Master Sachin)
Bachpan (1970) (Released)
Shree Krishna Leela (1970) (Released)
Chanda Aur Bijli (1969) (Released)
Dil Aur Mohabbat (1969) (Released) ... Young Rajesh Choudhry (As Moppet Sachin)
Waris (1969) (Released) ... Young Ram Kumar (As Master Sachin)
Brahmachari (1968) (Released) ... Ujala (Child Artist)
Majhli Didi (1967) (Released) ... Kishan (Child Artist) (As Master Sachin)
Jewel Thief (1967) (Released) ... Shishu (Shalu'S Brother) (As Master Sachin)

Art Director
Mehbooba (1976) (Released)

Director
Jaana Pehchana (September 16, 2011) (Released)
Navra Mazha Navsacha (March 19, 2004) (Released)
Aisi Bhi Kya Jaldi Hai (May 3, 1996) (Released)
Aazimaish (April 21, 1995) (Released)
Prem Deewane (June 12, 1992) (Released)
Amchya Sarkhe Amhich (1990) (Released)

Screenplay
Jaana Pehchana (September 16, 2011) (Released)

Playback Singer
Prem Deewane (June 12, 1992) (Released)

Producer
Aisi Bhi Kya Jaldi Hai (May 3, 1996) (Released)

Jaspal ji it is good that you have put out this thread.  It will be something to read for the very young members on this forum.
I have seen many of his earlier Hindi films.
I wished you could have mentioned Sachin ji's role in the film Sholay and also a very significant but very small role in the film Safar in which he accuses the Sharmila Tagore ji's character.  I can never forget these 2 roles of Sachin ji.  
Originally posted by beetaurus

Jaspal ji it is good that you have put out this thread.  It will be something to read for the very young members on this forum.
I have seen many of his earlier Hindi films.
I wished you could have mentioned Sachin ji's role in the film Sholay and also a very significant but very small role in the film Safar in which he accuses the Sharmila Tagore ji's character.  I can never forget these 2 roles of Sachin ji.  
beetaurus ji who can forget Sachin's role in film Sholay? As a matter of fact this was a master piece film ever produced in India. A.K. Hangal sahab's dialogue, "Itna Sanaata keo hai bhai" at the death of Sachin's character is unforgetable. In this video Sachin is leaving for City to join his new job. Please watch at time 1:01:30

Originally posted by venture

If I was not not supporting Ragini with all my heart and sould I would have supported Sachin jee as this man is truley a mutlitalent man who has not been appreciated enough by the media.

venture ji, thanks for your post. I don't think that its either agaist ethics or rules of I-F to support more than one contestant at the same time.😊

I support everybody including Ragini, Manish, Mansi, Sachin and Debina.