Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Aysha- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago

Zee ropes in Alisha Chinai to judge Star Ya Rockstar alongside Anu Malik

Following strong statements to the press by music director Anu Malik about wanting to be the sole judge on Zee TV's celebrity singing reality show 'Star Ya Rockstar', the channel has gone ahead and roped in glamorous pop icon and playback singer Alisha Chinai to co-judge the show along with him. With a colorful history of harassment allegations between the two and an equally interesting patch-up a few years later, Alisha makes for a truly intriguing choice as Anu's co- judge!

While it remains to be seen how Anu reacts to Alisha's entry as co-judge, the 'Made In India' maiden expressed great excitement at being signed on for the position. "I have judged reality shows before where I've been called upon to spot superlative singing talent amongst the masses. But this is my very first opportunity to judge people who are full-fledged celebrities in their own right and recognised and loved as actors. I am told each of the actors is genuinely passionate about music and not roped in merely on the basis of their star power. I am sure I'll enjoy the experience of seeing an all-new dimension to their personalities as they present their hidden talent of singing."

When asked if she is worried about Anu resenting her presence on the show, Chinai clarified, "I am aware of Anu wanting to be the sole judge ... but that's between him and the channel. When Zee approached me to judge the show, I am sure they were clear what they wanted me to bring to the table. As a professional, I am here to live up to my commitment. I have no qualms about co-judging the show with Anu, let's hope we can both handle this maturely without getting into each other's hair!"

While the show has roped in a second judge, it has also added to its kitty of celebrity contestants. Joining the ranks of Ragini Khanna, Neha Marda, Mansi Parekh, Sumeet Raghavan, Sachin Pilgaonkar and Chhavi Mittal are actors, Vikas Bhalla and Debina Bonnerji.

While Vikas is remembered most for his tryst with Bollywood in the 90's, he was last seen in Zee TV's Sanjog Se Bani Sangini. Buzz has it that Anu Malik is already extremely impressed with his vocal style and range of expressions in the course of the grooming sessions for the show. Debina who lent her own natural innocence and nobility to Sita will regale the audience with her singing skills as the show premieres on Saturday, October 8 at 8:30 PM, only on Zee TV.

-Aysha- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago

"I'm nervous!!!"

The Punjabi kudi makes the stage come alive and has the audiences eating out of her hand at her full throated, witty and interactive style of hosting. The vivacious Mona Singh who has been roped by Zee TV to be the host of the new musical reality show, Star Ya Rockstar, was a bundle of nerves on the first day of the shoot! It seems that the pretty young anchor was nervous about being the only host on the show unlike her previous hosting experiences.

Mona reveals, "While hosting a show is something that I have done over the years, I have always had a co-host with whom I share the stage and as a team, we take the audience through the show. But being the only host tends to put all the responsibility on your shoulders since you are the audience's only link between all the performances. So now you know why I am nervous??? I thought Manish Paul, who is also a veteran at hosting shows and events, will be my co-host and then I learnt that he is a contestant on the show…so it's just me alone! Let me tell you something - hosting a show is not a cakewalk as it seems on TV…one has to be very alert to catch moments before and after acts by contestants to make it a lively and fun experience for the viewer... "

But on her first day at the shoot of the show, Mona soon overcame the frayed nerves as most of the contestants were known to her and she's earlier worked with the judge, Anu Malik too! "I was approached to be a contestant for this show...looking at the mindblowing talent present on this stage, I am happy I accepted the offer to host the show! This is my first time in a show on Zee TV and looking at the feedback at the shoot for the first episode, really hoping that audiences are entertained with this new concept!"

The first episode of this much anticipated reality show kicks off on October 8, 2011 with introductory performances by both judges, Anu Malik and Alisha Chinai as they reveal the girls & boys respectively to the popular songs, 'Gori, Gori' and 'It's rocking..yaara kabhi'! There were stellar performances by 4 of the contestants, Sumeet Raghavan (Bawre bawre), Manasi Parekh (Udi), Neha Marda (Laila Mein Laila) & Vikas Bhalla (Tu na jane aas paas) who wowed the judges with their performances. Manasi even took on Anu Malik head on in a jugalbandi where Anu singing his popular "Oonchi Hai Building" with Manasi singing the lyrics in her native language, Gujarati! There is music and fun in plenty on Zee TV's upcoming show, Star Ya Rockstar, premiering on October 8, 2011. See your favourite TV celebrities in a never before seen avatar!

Tune in to Star Ya Rockstar, every Saturday and Sunday at 8.30 PM, only on Zee TV.