In my heart, I always knew I'd win' HT

PutijaChalhov thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 12 years ago
HindustanTimes
Title : 'In my heart, I always knew I'd win'
Author : Rachana Dubey [email protected]

Azmat Hussain, the winner of Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Li'l Champs says his only ambition in life is to become a playback singer

Not many winners who triumph in reality shows sound as confident as the 10-year-old winner of Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Li'l Champs, the singing reality show for kids.
Azmat Hussain from Jaipur beat two of his co-contestants, Salman Ali from Haryana and Nitin Kumar from Himachal Pradesh to bag the title on the show finale on Saturday.

"In my heart, I always knew I'd win. I was working hard on it. My parents were praying for it to happen.
My mentor, Javed bhai (singer Javed Ali) had not left a stone unturned while training me. Now, with so many things going for me, how could I lose?," says Azmat, who dropped out of school early on, due to his family's fragile financial situation. Soon after he won the title, Azmat was also excited to receive a phone call from his neighbourhood friends back home who congratulated him and his parents.

"I've also won myself an educational scholarship.
Now, I'll study hard and after completing my education, work towards becoming a professional playback singer. That is my ambition in life. I never knew that someone like me could even dream of a career in music," he adds.

Zee TV, the show's broadcaster, has made it a policy to do finance the education of kiddie instead of awarding them with prize money as it is difficult to keep a tab on the direction in which the money is utilized.

When asked who he would like to record his first playback song with, Azmat says, "It has to be my mentor, Javed bhai. He adores me. And I admire his talent. He is my first professional guru and as a student, I'd be lucky to work with him again, adding, "This show, in a way, marks the beginning of my career."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shahina90 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Dunno why but I feel this report is a little fake! Azmat always showed he was scared of getting out.he cried many times during the show and he always said that he cant believe he got this award.somtimes some things are scripted wrong or little exaggerated!
bsattaur thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

HE IS STILL IN SHOCK AS WHY HE WON THE TROPHY.

khushiramsharma thumbnail
Everybody feels like Azmat because one works hard without guessing
the result.  Azmat realized similarly.
All money is for education whereas he won the competition for
his parents loan.
May god bless Azmat with all types of happiness.
Edited by khushiramsharma - 12 years ago