Sasural Genda Phool

TOI: I miss our Jugalbandhi-- Anita Kanwal

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

I miss our jugalbandi 

Anita Kanwal says she misses daughter Pooja on the sets of the show they did together until recently 

Ismat Tahseen 

The challenge for Sasural Genda Phools sweet dadi,played by Anita Kanwal has begun.In a double role that just kicked off on air in the serial,Kanwal is now also a mean,sharp-tongued grandma (she plays her own sister too).While I am sweet,this new person,who is my sister is a total khadoos,a chauvinist who makes life hell for her daughtersin-law, she says.
But while taking on a character isnt usually tough for this veteran actor,she admits this time a couple of things did make it a little tough to take on the role of the mean dadi.What happened,was that though both sisters are meant to be different,I had to maintain the same look and style of speaking while essaying the characters. 
The scenes are also going to have their dose of fun,though.There are funny moments,for instance when you see the new dadi hating her jija. 
The fun times apart,Anita says its not the same on the sets without her daughter Pooja,who was in the serial but quit recently.I miss our jugalbandi, she confesses.Though I have to say,I think that she did the right thing.Pooja took on the serial thinking she would have a parallel role to play but it actually turned out to be a very insignificant one,so I advised her to quit.Shes a very good actor,dancer and anchor and I want her to have the opportunity to display her talent. 
When contacted,Pooja affirmed her decision to leave.As an actor if you feel you underplaying,you can never be happy, she says.I took moms advice as she is very objective and she knew what I went through.Of course,the final decision to leave was mine, ends Pooja.

STRONG BOND: Anita Kanwal and Pooja 

[Previous] Bombay Times [Next]

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tejeshec thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Tanu ji aapka job khatre mein hainπŸ˜†...
Armu4eva thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: tejeshec

Tanu ji aapka job khatre mein hainπŸ˜†...

πŸ˜• .. kyun did my boss hire u?? πŸ˜†
tejeshec thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Armu4eva

πŸ˜• .. kyun did my boss hire u?? πŸ˜†

Naaa not interested in u'r jobπŸ˜†...Bandar ji posted an article and stole u'r thunderπŸ˜†
Armu4eva thumbnail

Naaa not interested in u'r jobπŸ˜†...Bandar ji posted an article and stole u'r thunderπŸ˜†

Woh to bahut log article post karte hain.. isme kya hai πŸ˜†
tejeshec thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Armu4eva

Woh to bahut log article post karte hain.. isme kya hai πŸ˜†

Nahin par aajkal sabki himmat kuch jyaada hee bad gayi hai...So thought I should make u aware of the rebellion.πŸ˜†
Armu4eva thumbnail

Nahin par aajkal sabki himmat kuch jyaada hee bad gayi hai...So thought I should make u aware of the rebellion.πŸ˜†

πŸ˜† Tejesh.. thank u for ur concern dear... lekin.. hum jalne walon mein se nahi hai.. 😳 ... everyone in sgp is a friend/ family πŸ˜³πŸ˜†
tejeshec thumbnail

πŸ˜† Tejesh.. thank u for ur concern dear... lekin.. hum jalne walon mein se nahi hai.. 😳 ... everyone in sgp is a friend/ family πŸ˜³πŸ˜†

...Puri mehnat pe paani phir gaya...πŸ˜†

infinity00 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Regarding the article, I kind of feel unfair that she said the character of Disha is insignificant, people don't get it, a role is not big or small the actor makes it amazing. Meena,s character might be very insignificant but the actor is making it special, Bhairvee is a talented and established actor, her role is sometimes not there for ages but she is still in the show, if the attitude is like this then I am afraid it's not going to take poojah far, she may be talented but you need right attitude and let the audience decide about the performance wether it was good or not. I am not missing her at all, and Ridhima is doing fab.
111192 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Pooja took on the serial thinking she would have a parallel role to play but it actually turned out to be a very insignificant one,

how can they think this when SGP is a story about suhana and her journey  in her sasural πŸ˜•
Edited by 111192 - 12 years ago