Gongura Paneer Laajawaab
cup of chopped gongura leaves
cup of chopped palak leaves
1 onions chopped
1 tsps ginger garlic paste
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tsps red chilli powder
1 tsp dhaniya powder
1 green chillies
1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
1/4 tsp garam masala
Wash the leaves well and boil them in a kadai adding onion, 1/4 tsp turmeric ,1 green chillies and tomato till water is absorbed well cool this and grind to a puree and keep aside.
Heat a kadai and add cloves and remaining onions and fry well with ginger garlic paste.
Add the tomatoes also and the masala powders and cook well.
Pour some water and allow to boil. Pour in the pureed gongura and cook for another 5 minutes or till the gravy is thick and saucy.
Paneer Tikka Roundles
1 Large block of Paneer, Cut in Roundles
Finely chopped Coriander leaves
1/2 cup Curd (plain yogurt)
1 tsp Garlic paste
1 tsp Ginger Paste
2 tsp Tandoori powder
1 tsp cumin (jeera) powder
2 tsp Chaat powder
Salt to taste
Red chili Powder to taste
Cut Paneer into long 1/2" thick cubes. Mix all ingredients for marinade and keep aside.
Add the left marinade to the vegetables. Brush the marinade to the paneer and refrigerate it for 3 hours.
Heat oil in a pan and fry marinated paneer till fully done. Reserve for plating.
2 cups long-grain rice
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 (13- to 14-oz) can unsweetened coconut milk
1 cup water
1 (3-inch) cinnamon stick
1/4 teaspoon salt
Dil E Bahaar Gajar Mousse
Carrot Puree - 150 g
Orange Juice - 50 g
Gelatin Sheets - 10 g
Sugar - 75 g
Egg Whites - 50 g
Whipped Cream - 200 g
Rose Water - tsp
Achari Paneer & Bell Pepper Pie
Ingredients for Paneer Filling
1 cup paneer, cubed (cottage cheese)
1 cup cheese (mozzarella, cheddar)
1 cup red, yellow & green bell peppers, diced
1 teaspoon fennel seed (saunf)
1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds (rai)
5-6 fenugreek seeds (methi)
1 teaspoon onion seeds (kalonji)
1/2 teaspoon cumin seed (jeera)
1/2 teaspoon asafetida powder (hing)
1 cup onion, sliced
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup yogurt (dahi)
1 teaspoon all-purpose flour (maida)
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (dhaniya)
1 tablespoon oil
salt to taste
Ingredients for Pie Crust :
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, chilled and diced
1/4 cup ice water
Method to make Achari Paneer Filling :
1. Mix the fennel seeds, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, onion seeds, cumin seeds and asafetida in a small bowl.
2. Heat the oil and add the seed mixture. When they crackle, add the onion and saut till it turns translucent.
3. Add the paneer, turmeric, chili powder and stir for some time. Add the yogurt, sprinkle the plain flour and mix well.
4. Add the cilantro and salt and bring to a boil. Take the pan off the flame and let it cool down to a warm consistency. Then add half the cheese.
5. Set aside to fill in pie.
Method to make Pie Crust :
1. In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. You should be able to gently press the dough into a ball. Handle the dough as little as possible; overworking will make it tough.
2. The dough needs to rest in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. This allows the flour to absorb all of the liquid, lets the dough relax and become more elastic, and keeps the fat in discrete pieces which will give the crust a lighter texture when it's baked.
3. Generously dust a clean, dry surface with flour; remove and unwrap the dough from the refrigerator. Split the dough in half, place one hald back in the fridge for future use. Flatten only one of the dough slightly with your hands and dust the dough lightly with flour before rolling the dough out with a rolling pin. Start rolling at the center of the dough and work outwards. Working quickly roll the dough into a circle -inch thick or smaller.
4. The dough round should be two to four inches wider in diameter than your pie pan. Gently fold the dough in half, and then into quarters. Carefully pick it up and place it into the pie plate so the center point of dough is in the center of the pan.
5. Unfold the dough, letting the weight of the dough settle it in the bottom and edges of the pan. Without stretching the dough, press the pastry into the pan with your fingertips. (PUT DOUGH ASIDE FOR LATTICE)
6. Use kitchen shears or a paring knife to trim the dough to about a half-inch overhang. Save the scraps; you can use those to bulk up thin areas of the crust when you're fluting the edges. Fold the dough under itself onto the flat rim of the pie plate. Flute the edges of the crust, loosely cover it with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before baking.
7. Place a baking sheet on a lower oven rack and preheat the oven to 220 C. Once the dough is chilled, it should be firm to the touch. Pierce the bottom and sides of the crust with a fork to prevent air pockets from forming. Line the crust with a double thickness of aluminum foil, making sure the foil is all the way to the edges of the bottom of the pan.
8. Fill the foil with pie weights or dried beans. Make sure they're distributed all across the bottom and partly up the sides of the foil-lined crust. The weights ensure that the crust holds its shape during baking and doesn't slump in the pan or bubble up.
9. Put the pie plate on the preheated baking sheet and reduce the oven temp to 200 C. Bake until the edges of the crust are starting to turn golden and the bottom of the crust has lost its translucent "raw" look, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove the baking sheet and pie pan from the oven. Lift up the edges of the foil and set the beans aside. Return the pie and baking sheet to the oven. Save the beans for the next time you bake a pie, or discard them; they're no good to eat once they've been baked. Bake the crust until the bottom is just beginning to color, 6 to 8 minutes.
Cheese Makkai Cake
Ingredients for Cheese & Thyme Polenta Cakes
5 cups water/stock
2 teaspoons salt
1 tsp chopped thyme
1 3/4 cups yellow cornmeal / makki ka atta
31/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
cup mozzarella cheese
Bring 6 cups of water to a boil in a heavy large saucepan. Add 2 teaspoons of salt.
Gradually whisk in the cornmeal & thyme.
Reduce the heat to low and cook until the mixture thickens and the cornmeal is tender, stirring often, about 15 minutes. Turn off the heat.
Add the butter & mozzarella cheese and stir until melted. Then pour in a baking tray lined with butter and let cool. Then cut and serve.
Ingredients for Spicy Berry Chutney
2 large Tomatoes, Chopped
2 Cups of Chopped Strawberry (Fresh or Frozen)
2 Plums (Take out the pit & chop them)
1/2 Cup Pitted Dates
1 Red Apple chopped into small pieces
1 teaspoon of Mustard Seeds
1 Red Dry Chilli
2? Cinnamon Sticks
2 Hot Green Chilli Peppers
1? Ginger Peeled & sliced into very thin slices or grated
1 Cup Sugar (or Brown sugar)
1 Tablespoon Vinegar
1 Cup Orange Juice
Note: You can use any juicy fruits. Raisins, craisins, prunes & other dry fruits can be added too.
Chocolate Coffee Cupcakes
1 cups self-raising flour, sifted
1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
200 g dark chocolate, chopped
2 cups caster sugar
250 g butter
1 cups hot water
tsp vanilla essence
Ingredients for Chocolate icing
125 g dark cooking chocolate
125 g unsalted butter
Ingredients for Royal Icing
Egg white - 1
Sugar – 150 gms
Brinjal and Soya Granules Mousakka
75ml/6fl oz olive oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
675g Soy Granules
3 cloves garlic, chopped
400g chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
2 bay leaves
1 tsp fresh, soft thyme leaves
4 medium aubergines, cut in roundles
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
175 ml Water
Plain flour, for dusting
For the topping
85g/3oz unsalted butter
85g/3oz plain flour
85g/3oz parmesan, grated
115g/4oz cheddar / gruyre, grated
2 egg yolks
Veg penang Laksa with assorted condiments
100g peeled onions
8 garlic cloves
25g peeled ginger, sliced
15g lemongrass (soft white stem only), sliced
2 tsp ground coriander
3 large dried red chillies
2 tbsp chilli paste
4 tbsp vegetable oil
50g fresh coriander
1 litres vegetable stock
3 branches curry leaves
2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp caster sugar
400ml coconut milk
100g rice vermicelli noodles
300g bean sprouts
150g french beans, trimmed and halved
250g fried tofu puffs (optional)
4 limes, halved
Topic started by riiddzzyy
Last replied by sravss