Ritz Jeele Ye Pal

Beauty with Brains: Roshni Chopra

.Tanya. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago
Beauty with Brains: Roshni Chopra
Smart, sweet, chirpy and fashionable Roshni Chopra is seen hosting two shows on telly currently. She claims she loves hosting which requires intellect and a glam quotient. Being married, she juggles work and home well and tells us she is proud of her younger sister.

How is the experience of hosting STAR Plus' Jee Le Yeh Pal?

Jee Le Yeh Pal on STAR Plus has been fun. We shot in Udaipur for the road reality show and it was like an adventure. The cast and crew were fantastic and the television celebs were friendly too. We all got along well. Though it was TV shoot, it was also like a road trip for me as we would go from one location to the other, stay in the same hotels, eat together, discover the places together.

What do you enjoy the most about hosting Comedy Circus? How do you feel when the contestants tease you?

I enjoy every moment of hosting Comedy Circus and let me tell you there is never a dull moment. The show and the contestants always keep me on my toes. We laugh and have fun while shooting. As for teasing me, well I guess you tease the person you love so I think I am very loved on the sets which is why the contestants don't mind making fun of me. I have a funny bone so I don't mind the humour either. If they go overboard, I always point it out on the spot.

What do you think is your sex appeal?

I think that is for others to decide but I feel as a television host one not only needs a glamour factor but brains as well. We have to think on our feet and get into the spirit of the show. I can't explain but a host has to feel the show and fit the profile for things to work.

Edited by gaurav_fan - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Tanya. thumbnail

Who is your fashion icon?

I don't have a fashion icon but I do love the retro classics worn by Audrey Hepburn, Princess Diana etc. I like being comfortable and these women don't shy away from expressing themselves. They are not afraid of being a woman all the way which is what I love.

After doing films, will you work in tv as an actress? Have you got any future acting assignments?

I recently debuted with Phirr for which I received appreciation and I am in talks for few film projects but I wouldn't want to name any now. Let them materialise. As for working on tv, I have always said that the medium isn't important, the role the project is important for me. So, if I get a meaty role in a television show, I wouldn't mind doing it. But for now, I am enjoying hosting shows.

How do you juggle marriage and work? Which is a priority for you?

Nothing is tough if you really want to do it. For me, both my marriage and my work are priorities. I am lucky and thankful to God that I don't have to choose one over the other. My husband supports me totally in everything I do. Moreover, I am a homebody and love being at home post work. I feel nothing should feel like an effort like Oh God, I have a 12 hour shift or Oh God I have manage dinner today. I am enthusiastic about all roles in my life be it wife, actress or host.

Edited by gaurav_fan - 12 years ago
.Tanya. thumbnail

Do you feel post marriage actresses or working women have additional responsibilities vis-a-vis married working men?

Yes, sure. I guess women always have more responsibilities than men. So, it is no shock for me to know that they are expected to juggle work and marriage and not men. But I guess women are more capable too.

Have you seen your sister Deeya's show Mrs Kaushik Ki Paanch Bahuyein on Zee TV?

Yes, I have seen it. She is a talented girl and is doing a fantastic job. I started my career with Zee and I am glad she is on Zee too. People tell me she looks a lot like me which makes me smile. I am very proud of her.