CuteFairy91 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Please Post all ARTICLES/NEWS

related to KTNM here!

You may post it as a NEW topic as well,

but please add it to this Thread!

Thank you!

NO COMMENTS!!

All comments will be SENT to TRASH BIN!!

Thanks

Edited by wildblossom - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kabhi Toh Nazar Milao
Starring Cinestar Ki Khoj finalist, Sudeepa Singh, this UTV production is about a middle class blind girl, Sunaina.
My pleasure ji 😊

Sony Entertainment Television (SET Asia) - Kabhi Toh Nazar Milao
Jan. 13 on Sony Entertainment Television Asia (SET Asia)
SET Asia launches a new show 'Kabhi Toh Nazar Milao.' This show will be a daily serial which deals with th story of Sunaina,a typical middle class girl. She is chirpy, high spirited and bubbly like any other girl her age. Her blindness sets her apart from everyone else. In spite of living in a world of darkness, her life is full of colorful dreams and aspirations. Come experience life through Sunaina's eyes. For more information visit www.setasia.tv
sanober. thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
Kabhi Toh Nazar Milao
Jan. 13 on Sony Entertainment Television Asia (SET Asia)
SET Asia launches a new show 'Kabhi Toh Nazar Milao.' This show will be a daily serial which deals with th story of Sunaina,a typical middle class girl. She is chirpy, high spirited and bubbly like any other girl her age. Her blindness sets her apart from everyone else. In spite of living in a world of darkness, her life is full of colorful dreams and aspirations. Come experience life through Sunaina's eyes.
Fallen-Angel thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

K3G expected to replace Jassi...

Will she be the next Jassi?

Sapana Patil

With the onslaught of new shows, another entrant does not come as any surprise. Except that the show called Kabhie Khushi Kabhie Gham is expected to replace the very popular Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin when it launches this April. 

Deepa Parab, last seen as the protagonist Jia on Zee's now extinct show Reth, is all set to play the lead and will be paired opposite Amit Jain, popularly known as Ronit of Ye Meri Life Hai.

The serial is produced by Shobhana Desai who has serials like, Ek Mahal Ho Sapnon Ka and Hum Pardesi Ho Gaye (which marked Perizaad Zorabian's television debut) and the on-going Mamta to her credit.       

K3G deals with the status of women in India, where Parab plays the daughter-in-law in the family. "It shows how some women get so involved taking care of the family that they ignore their own life,"says Parab. "The serial shows how women have to compromise in all walks of life. Like Reth, I have a non-glamorous look in this serial too. After working on Reth for two years, life had become a little monotonous. I had decided to avoid television for some time and do only commercials. But the project sounded interesting and I decided to go ahead with it. It feels nice to do good work, it gives me immense satisfaction."

This serial apart, Parab is awaiting the release of her Marathi film, Kshan (Moment).

• The serial shows how women have to compromise in all walks of life— Deepa Parab

Deepa Parab

Amit Jain

Thanx to the Yeh Meri Life Hai forum.

ThE_kHan07 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Sony lines up afternoon fare; horror show to replace Jassi

By HETAL ADESARA
Indiantelevision.com Team

(3 May 2006 2:00 pm)

MUMBAI: Sony Entertainment Television (SET) India is now looking at strengthening its afternoon band, which so far aired repeats of prime time shows. Starting 15 May, two new shows will be launched between 1 and 2 pm in the 'Nayi Dopahar' band.
</>
Kabhie To Nazar Milao from the UTV stable will air from Monday to Thursday at 1 pm, whereas Rishton Di Dorr produced by Sri Adhikari Brothers will air at 1:30 pm. The afternoon band will, however, continue to telecast repeats of prime time shows from 12 to 1 pm (Ek Ladki Anjaani Si and Kaisa Ye Pyaar Hai) and from 2 to 3 pm (Thodi Khushi Thoda Gham and Aisa Desh Hai Mera).
</></>
"The idea was to consolidate the all day GRPs of the channels and hence we have introduced fresh programming in the 'Nayi Dophar' band, which will help us achieve that," says SET India COO NP Singh.

Meanwhile, in the prime time slot, Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi, which finally comes to an end tomorrow (4 May) will be replaced by a horror show Khaufnaak. This one hour show produced by Sri Adhikari Brothers will air from Monday to Thursday at 10 pm.

"Khaufnaak will be a seasonal show, which will end in a month or so. We will introduce new one hour weeklies in the 10 to 11 pm band in June. That will culminate our initiative of providing new and fresh programming for our viewers," says Singh.

In early March, Sony had introduced a fresh new Friday band with Deal Ya No Deal, Fear Factor, a revamped CID and Kandy Floss under the 'Shukra Hai Shukravaar Hai' band. On 24 March, the channel yet again launched two new shows in the 9 to10 pm band - Aisa Desh Hai Mera and Thodi Khushi Thoda Gham.

Now, the new weeklies in the 10 to 11 pm band in June will be the shows to watch out for.

Edited by Princess - 17 years ago
monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Kabhi To Nazar Milao ready to be launched

Sudeepa Singh in KTNM

Kabhi To Nazar Milao (KTNM ) has been a show that seemed like it was jinxed. For over three months there were talks of it going on air on Sony. However the talks remained just that. But now it finally looks like the show will see the light of day. The channel has officially announced that it will launch the show on May 15.

KTNM is said to be a dramatic love story. While the female lead (Sudeepa Singh) is a simple girl waiting for her Prince Charming to sweep her off her feet, the male protagonist (Gagan Arya) is a rich playboy with aspirations of starting an art gallery. The serial will also star Lalit Parimo, Kishori Shahane, Mahroo Shaikh and Pankaj Berry and is part of the afternoon line-up the channel is trying to build

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/nmirror/mmpaper.asp?sectid=19&am p;articleid=542006231623750542006231530328

ThE_kHan07 thumbnail
New afternoon show
   By: Vickey Lalwani
   May 6, 2006

Gagan Arya
UTV is ready with a new afternoon show, titled Kabhi To Nazar Milao (KTNM), to be telecast on Sony. KTNM is a love story involving two newcomers, Sudeepa Singh (Sunaina) and Gagan Arya (Karun).

While a large section of the show has been shot in Delhi, other portions, will be shot in a special set erected at Sakinaka.

Set images

Gagan plays a boy from Mumbai, who has a set image of Miss Perfect in his mind - alluring looks, warm smile and a great figure.

Sudeepa Singh
On the other hand, Sudeepa is a girl from a middle-class family in Delhi, who also has an image of her Mr Rajkumar, courtesy inputs from her kith and kin.

Monisha Singh (Vice President, UTV Television) told HiTLIST that it took quite some time to cast the protagonists, Gagan and Sudeepa.

"We had a long series of auditions before we made our final choice," she says.

KTNM, which also stars Sai Ballal, Pankaj Berri, Shiraz Khan, Amita Nangia, Kishore Shahane and Maroo Sheikh, will go on air from May 15.

monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Zee's cinestars - the khoj for the bright future continues

Thousands of hopefuls. A clutch of finalists. And a handful promises. A year and a half after Zee's Cinestars Ki Khoj lured Bollywood hopefuls to Mumbai, the gritty few who made it to the final rounds are still waiting to become cine stars.

The talent hunt, brainchild of Gajendra Singh who later made icons out of Debojit and Vinit in Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge, did prove a good platform for aspiring actors. But the hype that surrounded television icons in the last one year, seems to have evaded the cinestars that the channel's khoj threw up in early 2005. We decided to track down the finalists to see which way their careers are headed.

"It has literally done nothing for us. I agree that they did give us a platform and all of that, but nothing after that. Today if I have signed a movie, it's not because of this show, but my own struggle," says one of the top four finalists, Bhaumik Sampat.

If this is what he has to say, there are others like Mohit Chadda who is very thankful to the channel and their efforts. "As I was new to Mumbai, Zee had been of great help. I will always be thankful to them."

So is it that they expected everything on the platter? Or Zee could have done something more for them?

Ashwini Yardi, programming head, Zee TV, says, "Only the winners were promised a movie, which is happening. Otherwise, nothing else was promised to the other contestants."

Each and every contestant aimed for movies, but little did they know about this cut throat industry. They definitely were made big promises which were not fulfilled. "They had said that all top 80 contestants will be in the limelight, and I was among the top five," says Bhaumik.

Sudeepa Singh, who will soon be seen in a new Sony show goes the practical way, and says, "Well, Zee could push us more, but it didn't. To a certain extent, Zee gave us a lot too, in terms of professional training, incredible recognition all over, so it has been 50-50. They have been pushing the contestants according to their ability. I too was given a chance to host a show on Zee news, like Yuvika was given for Astitva." She adds, "Struggling was definitely on the cards."

Gajendra Singh, the producer of the show on being asked about his side of the story says, after a pause, " I am not in a position to comment on this."

Some of the contestants who were very popular during the show and have managed to find their place in this agressive industry!

Yuvika Choudary: Yuvika was seen in Zee's Astitva playing the character of Aastha. She can be spotted in a number of television commercials, print ads and hoardings.
Suraj Joshi:Suraj appeared in an episodic made by Sarurabh Shukhla, was a part of Mukta Arts and is now assisting two directors for films produced by Vivek Vaswani.
Anangsha: Anangsha's career kicked off with Ram Gopal Verma's Mr. Ya Ms. She was even seen in Sahara One's Kituu Sab Janati Hai, in a cameo.
Bhaumik :Bhaumik has nothing at all to brag about. He was showered with TV serial offers, but turned them down, as he wanted to be seen on the silver screen. He recently signed a movie with Manoj Agarwal.
Ankita:Ankita was famous for her intimate dance numbers, and thats how she got loads of music video offers. She was even to do an item number, but had to drop it because of certain issues with the director. She is now into ramp modelling
Bharat: Bharat has done a handful of print ads, and is among the troup dancers of Ganesh Acharya.
Gaargi: Gaargi too was seen in Zee's Piya Ka Ghar, and right now is considering film offers.
Vishal: Vishal appeared in Zee's Piya Ka Ghar and right now is concentrating on hindi films.
Navin Sen- Navin can be tracked on one of the DD shows and will soon be seen in Balaji's Krimson Skies.
Abhishek: Abhishek was considered the best dancer amongst all the participants, and is currently doing many shows with Rakhi Sawant.
Sudeepa Singh- Sudeepa hosted a show on Zee news, has also appeared in a Punjabi film with Jimmy Sherigal. She has loads of commercials behind her back, and will soon be seen in Sony's Kabhi Toh Nazar Milao.

By RIYA V ANANDWALA
Posted on 6 May 2006 4:30 pm
http://www.tellychakkar.com/y2k6/may/6may/feature_cine.php
Edited by monika.goel - 17 years ago
anishma24 thumbnail

Is Gagan two-timing his girlfriend?

Arya and Sudeepa Singh, the protagonists of Kabhi To Nazar Milao, are apparently dating

Reena Thapar Kapoor

Shooting away from home for long hours, erratic schedules and interaction limited to industry people often prompts actors to find love on the sets. Recently, Gagan Arya and Sudeepa Singh of Kabhi To Nazar Milao fame have fallen in love with each other.

It's said that the two have been dating for the past few weeks. "We're extremely close to each other. If being friendly is interpreted as being lovers then something is seriously wrong with people around. As of now, we're just getting to know each other," she says.

But, what about the fact   that Gagan is said to have a girlfriend already and is two-timing her with Sudeepa. "Gagan is still very young and at his age attractions are inevitable. Finally, he has to take a call. I'm happy being his friend," says Sudeepa.

Apparently, Gagan's parents hold her responsible for creating trouble in his life. "Look, I don't know who Gagan is dating. And my feelings for him are very honest. As for his parents, they've been very supportive of me. Since I live alone in Mumbai, they asked Gagan to take care of me. There is no bad blood his parents and me," she says.

Gagan remains tight-lipped about the existence of his so-called girlfriend and says, "Sudeepa is special to me. She is my co-star and we have bonded extremely well. Like other people, even she knows that I'm seeing someone. My equation with Sudeepa is different from my equation with my girlfriend."

The actor refuses to reveal the name of his girlfriend saying, "She is media-shy and prefers remain away from the limelight."

Sources say that the two get along like a house on fire. "This is partly true," she smiles. "Gagan is a great guy and we get along very well. Coming from a similar background, we have a lot in common. I'm very fond of him," says Sudeepa.

Gagan Arya with Sudeepa Singh

A still from Kabhi To Nazar Milao