Sensational South

Siddharth Narayan's Fan Club:Let's Rock on People

.LovelyDreamer. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago

A hero that make girls' heart beating faster' We love to see him on onscreen and off-screen but he is really loves his privacy, so we can't get many off-screen photos of him though. We like his cute boyish look and yet he always has a very charming smile'  He is an actor, singer, writer; assistant director and its no surprise if he is becomes a film director in future. Any guesses??

So the star of this week is '''''''''''''''''''..

Contents :

Personal Life

Career

Filmography

Awards & Nominations

Trivia & Quotes

News & Interviews

Edited by LoveViShalini - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

(The info taken from Wikipedia and Siddhart online com)

Personal Life:

Siddhart, whose real name is Siddharth Suryanarayan is born in Tamil Nadu on 17 April 1979.He is born in Chennai, to a Tamil family .He was educated all over India. He studied at DAV Boys' Senior Secondary School, Chennai and Sardar Patel, Vidyalya. He got his Bachelor of Commerce in New Delhi .Siddhart was popularly known as Sidy in school and college. He was a president of the college's debating society and attends the World Debating Championship. His college was the place where his acting for passion began when he was part of the reputed theatre group of the college "The Players" but it's seems like the life has other plans for him at that time. After getting his degree, he went on to complete his MBA in 2001 at SP Jain Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai. He was awarded CNBC Manager of the year. In 2006, he divorced his wife of four years, Meghna.

Career:

After his business management studies, Siddhart landed the role of assistant director to the legendary Mani Ratnam in the film, "Kannathil Muthamittal". He was quoted to have said "I met Mani Ratnam for an interview and landed my first job in cinema. I am proud to be associated with a film as special as Kannathil Muthamittal. I saw and learnt the science of filmmaking from very close quarters".

Then, he is debuted as an actor in Tamil film title with the "Boys", about a group of boys venture into the music industry as a band. Its opening was phenomenal – the biggest in 2003, however as critics panned the dialogues (so-called explicit references), the film dwindled in success. However musically it was an astounding success and once dubbed in Telugu and released in Andra Pradesh, the film became a hit and recovered all of its losses. He won Newcomer Actor Award at International Tamil Film Award ITFA 2003.

Siddhart then appeared in another Tamil film, "Ayutha Ezhuthu" (2004) under Mani Ratnam's direction. After this film, he shift focus and concentrate on Telugu language Projects. His first direct Telugu project, "Nuvvostanate Nenoddantana" opposite Trisha Krishnan released in early 2005. The comedy-drama film, marking the directorial debut of choreographer-turned-actor Prabhu Deva, became a commercial blockbuster as well as a critical success, with Siddharth winning his first Filmfare Best Actor Award for his portrayal of Santhosh, a playful NRI, who fights for his love.

Siddhart also venture into the singing and writing as he wrote the screenplay for his next Telugu film, "Chukkallo Chandrudu" (2006) directed by Siva Kumar and sang as playback singer. This was also the year Siddhart debuted in Bollywood as a part of the critically acclaimed blockbuster "Rang De Basanti" which is also starred Aamir Khan. Siddharth received the Star Screen Debut Award for his role as Karan Singhania in the film. The film was sent as an Oscar's bid as well. Siddharth's final release of 2006 was "Bommarilu" directed by then newcomer, Bhaskar.  The film, revolving around a father-son relationship, received critical acclaim and garnered box office success, too. He worked with director Vishal Bhardwaj and Oscar winning cinematographer Guillermo Navarro on a short film titled "Blood Brother"  which screened at the Toronto International Film Festival.

After the above average grossing "Aata" in 2007, Siddharth took a sabbatical and did not have a release for 20 months. In 2009, his "Konchem Ishtam Konchem Kashtam" opposite Tamanna received good response from the critics and the audiences. Siddharth played the lead role in debutant director Anand Ranga's "Oy!" which achieved box office success despite mixed reviews. His second Bollywood venture, and first release of 2010, "Striker", portrayed the life of a carom player and became the first Bollywood film to be released in theatres and on YouTube on the same day. His second release of 2010 was the Telugu language "Baava", village-based romantic family entertainer, shot in places like Palakollu, Razole, Rajahmundry and Hyderabad. His first release of 2011, Prakash Kovelmundi's fantasy epic "Anaganaga O Dheerudu" opposite Shruti Hassan,  was produced by veteran K. Raghavendra Rao.

Then he enrolled in bilingual film named as "180 No Rules" or "Nootrenbathu" under the direction of his mentor Jayendra. He is acts along side Priya Anand and Nithya Menon. Currently, he is filming Telugu movie, Oh, My Friend.

Filmography:

[source: Wikipedia, Siddhart-online.com, Cinecurry]

As an Actor

Title: Boys

Synopsis:
Role: Munna
Language: Tamil
Co-stars: Genelia D Souza, Nakhul, Bharath, Manigandan
Released on: August 29, 2003
Director: S Shankar

Title: Aayitha Ezhuthu

Synopsis:
Role: Arjun
Language: Tamil
Co-stars: Trisha Krishnan, Surya, Madhavan, Meera Jasmin, Esha Deol
Released on: May 21, 2004
Director: Mani Ratnam

Title: Nuvvostanante Nenodanttana

Synopsis: Santosh is a playful young NRI (non-resident Indian) from London, who returns to India to attend his cousin Lali wedding. There, he meets one of Lalita's friends, Siri who came from the country side to attend the marriage. Though they initially clash, after a series of misadventures, they fall in love. Santosh, however, is supposed to marry the spoiled daughter of his uncle's friend. When Siri goes back home, Santosh follows her to win her over - however, Siri's over-protecting brother Krishna is less than happy. He promises Santosh to give his blessings for the wedding, if only Santosh manages to produce more harvest than he does. Santosh accepts the challenge and starts learning farming. However, the son of a friend of Krishna is secretly in love with Siri and his father asks Krishna for Siri's hand in marriage with his son. Krishna, however, doesn't give his consent. With brooding jealousy, the wannabe-fianc kidnaps Siri after Santosh has won the challenge. Santosh chases the siri's kidnapers and kills the wannabe-fiance. Siri's brother Krishna will take the blame for the murder and go to jail. Finally the couple gets married when the Krishna got released from jail. The movie ends with rejoining of all the family members.
Role: Santosh
Language: Telugu
Co-stars: Trisha Krishnan, Srihari, Prakash Raj
Released on: January 14, 2005
Director: Prabhu Deva

Title: Chukkallo Chandrudu

Synopsis:
Role: Arjun aka Krishna
Co-stars: Saloni, Sada, Charme
Released on: January 14, 2006
Director: Shivkumar

Title: Rang De Basanti

Synopsis : Dedicated to lives of Indian Airmen who have died due to frequent MiG aircraft crashes, this is a story of five friends, Sukhi, Daljeet, Aslam Khan, Karan Singhania, & Laxman Pandey who are approached by a U.K.-based Filmmaker, Sue, to participate in a documentary about India's freedom fighters like Bhagat Singh, Chandrashekhar Azad, Rajguru, Ashfaqulla Khan, and Ramprasad Bismil. She is quite disappointed as five do not appear interested and one is ready to re-locate to the United States. She does convince them to participate and makes them view their circumstances with a different light, leading Karan to confront his dad, Rajnath, and then things began to change for them, especially with the sudden death of Flight Lieutenant Ajay Rathod, and become even more complicated when the five are accused of assassinating Shastri, India's Defence Minister and hole up in a Doordarshan TV Station - with the Police hot on their tails. Written by rAjOo ([email protected])
Role: Karan Singhania aka Bhagat Singh
Language: Hindi
Co-stars: Aamir Khan, Kunal Kapoor, Sharman Joshi, R Madhavan, Atul Kulkarni, Soha Ali Khan, Alice Patten, Kiron Kher, Anupam Kher
Released on: January 26, 2006
Director: Rakesh Omprakash Mehra

Title: Bommarillu

Synopsis:
Role: Siddhu aka Siddharth
Co-stars: Genelia D Souza, Prakash Raj
Released on: August 9, 2006
Director: Bhaskar

Title: Aata

Synopsis: Sri Krishna (Siddharth) grows up watching films playing in the theater in which his father works as a movie-projectionist in a village. Satya (Ileana) is harassed by Vicky (Munna) - son of a politician - who wants to marry her. Satya escapes from home and Sri Krishna falls in love with her the first time he meets her. As the goons and police chase Satya, Sri Krishna protects her and drops her in the house of the politician. He wins Vicky's confidence. Then, he plays a one sided game with him. At the end, the police that were working with Vicky turn against him and arrest Vicky and his parents. Satya and Sri Krishna get married.
Role: Sri Krishna
Co-stars: Ileana D Cruz, Sharada, Sharvanand
Released on: May 9, 2007
Director: V N Aditya

Title: Blood Brothers (short film)
Role:
Arjun Dutt
Co-stars: Ayesha Takia, Pankaj Kapur, Pawan Malhotra
Released on: November 30, 2007
Director: Vishal Bhardwaj

Title: Konchem Ishtam Konchem Kashtam

Synopsis : Konchem Ishtam Konchem Kashtam revolves around Siddharth (Siddharth), a carefree lad who likes to enjoy his life. He runs into Geeta Subramanyam (Tamannaah) and while the two hate each other initially, they gradually fall in love. However, Geeta's dad is opposed to their union as Siddharth's parents are leading separate lives despite marrying for love. So, Subramanyam makes it clear that the marriage will happen only after Siddharth's parents reunite. Will their love fructify?
Role: Siddhu
Co-stars: Tamanna Bhatia, Prakash Raj and Ramya Krishna
Released On: 5th February 2009
Director: Kishore Kumar

Title:Oy!

Synopsis: Uday (Siddharth) is a rich and spoilt brat who believes in short term pleasures. Sandhya (Shamili) is a loner who lives on her own. She is a responsible girl with long term plans and strict principles. Uday falls in love with Sandhya at the very first sight. And she joins her place as a paying guest. When everything is going well, Uday comes to know that Sandhya is suffering from cancer and her days are numbered. But Sandhya is not aware of it. The rest of the story is all about how Uday makes Sandhya realise all her unfulfilled wishes
Role: Uday
Co-stars: Shamilee
Released On: 3rd July 2009
Director: Anand Ranga

Title: Striker

Synopsis : Set in a Mumbai ghetto in the mid '80's and based on true life accounts, Striker is a story of triumph of human spirit over indomitable odds.Born into a poor family, Surya grows up with few luxuries. Poor health keeps him away from school often and that is when his elder brother, Chandrakant, introduces him to carrom. Winning the Junior Carom Championship at 12 is not enough to keep Surya's fire for the sport burning through adolescence. Hopes for a job in Dubai replace the passion for carom as Surya grows into a young man. Duped by a bogus overseas employment agency, Surya loses all his hard earned money he had saved for going to Dubai. Surya is forced to cross paths with Jaleel.Since the 70's when the settlements in the ghetto began; Jaleel had acquired a strong hold in the area. He had his hands in every illicit activity since then. Feeding on the weaknesses of people, Jaleel was the self-proclaimed king of Malwani. Reintroduced to carom by his childhood friend Zaid, this time to the carromhustling scene, Surya starts playing again. Being gypped of his hand earned money by the same man who had caused misery for many families; Surya decides to take on Jaleel on his turf. His patience and cool attitude are Surya's biggest strengths. But life has its own ways of testing it
Role: Surya
Co-stars: Vidya Malvade, Nicolette Bird, Ankur Vikal, Aditya Pancholi, Anupam Kher & Padmapriya
Released On: 5th February 2010
Director: Chandan Arora

Title: Baava

Synopsis:
Role: Veera Babu and Seetharam

Co-stars:
Pranitha
Released On: 29th October 2010
Director: Ram Babu

Title: Anaganaga O Dheerudu

Synopsis: Anaganaga O Dheerudu is an Indian Telugu–language fantasy-adventure film directed by K Prakash Rao. It is produced by his father, veteran director K Raghavendra Rao at a budget of 27 crore rupees.The fantasy adventure film is set in the fictitious teardrop shaped land of Sangarashtra and explores the inseparable bond between man and the myths that remain relevant even today. The story focuses on the journey of a nine year old girl with special healing powers and her quest to save Sangarashtra from the tyranny of an evil Queen, played by Lakshmi Manchu. The girl portrayed by Harshita is protected by a blind swordsman played by Siddharth who faces great adversity and helps the girl on her epic journey. Shruti Haasan plays a gypsy woman whose destiny is tied into that of the swordsman and plays his love interest.
Role: Yodha
Co-stars: Shruti Haasan & Lakshmi Manchu
Released On: 14th January 2011
Director: Prakash

Title: 180

Synopsis: The movie revolves around Ajay (Siddharth) who comes to Chennai/Hyderabad and introduces himself as Mano. He rents a house owned by elderly couple S V S Murthy (Mouli) and Jayam (Geetha). A do-gooder, Ajay lives life with a purpose. He gets along with everyone and wins the hearts of those whom he is close with. Vidhya (Nithya Menon), a photo journalist gets acquainted with him. Ajay is the sort of person who finds satisfaction in helping others. He sponsors the education of street children with the help of Vidhya who is attracted by his good nature. Things take a turn when she tells him about her feelings. Ajay, without informing her, decides to leave Chennai/Hyderabad. Meanwhile, flashbacks reveal that Ajay was a doctor in USA and was attracted to Renu (Priya Anand). They get married only to be told months later that Ajay has cancer and he would die in a few months. As Ajay is about to leave the city, Vidya meets with an accident and has to be operated upon immediately. Ajay takes Vidya to USA for treatment. While in the USA, he meets his friend who asks Ajay to return to Renu, but Ajay leaves as he sees his wife happier without him. It is revealed that earlier Ajay had faked his death to make Renu believe that he had died so that she would not suffer thinking about him every day. Now seeing her happy, he decides not to meet Renu. So, he decides to leave USA. The title of the movie '180' implies that he may die in 180 days but doesn't want to count those days. He'd rather live those days in happiness and make others happy.
Role: Ajay /Mano
Language: Tamil and Telugu
Co-Stars: Priya Anand & Nithya Menon
Released: 25 th June
Director: Jayendra

Nominations

Zee Cine Award 2007
Best Actor in a Supporting Role - Rang De Basanti
Best Male Debutant  - Rang De Basanti

13th Annual Star Screen Awards
Most Promising Newcomer - Rang De Basanti

52nd Filmfare Awards
Best Actor in a Supporting Role  - Rang De Basanti
Best Male Debutant  -Rang De Basanti

GIFA 2006
Best Debutant Actor  - Rang De Basanti

Max Stardust Awards 2007
Male Superstar of Tomorrow  - Rang De Basanati

Filmfare South 2006
Best Actor  - Nuvvostanante Nenoddantana

Awards Won

13th Annual Star Screen Awards 2006
Most Promising Newcomer  - Rang De Basanti

Filmfare South 2006
Best Actor  - Nuvvostanante Nenoddantana

International Tamil Film Award ITFA 2003
Best New Actor  - Boys

Siddharth Narayan - Trivia

[cinecurry and siddharthonline.com]

• "Siddharth Narayan wanted to be a director and to pursue his dreams he worked with Mani Ratnam as an assistant director for Tamil film "Kannathil Muthamittal.
  • He made his Tamil acting debut with blockbuster Boys in 2003, it was directed by S Shankar.
  • He married his college friend Meghna on 3rd November 2003.
  • He is a B.Com graduate from Kirori Mal College, New Delhi.
  • During his college days he was popularly known as Sidy.
  • In his college he was president of the colleges debating society and attended the World Debating Championships.
  • He completed his MBA in S P Jain Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai.
  • In 2006 he ventured into Bollywood through the blockbuster Rang De Basanti.
  • Album producer for Oy and Striker soundtrack
  • Trained in Carnatic music
  • Wrote the story and contributed to the screenplay of Chukkallo Chandrudu
  • At college was also a part of a theatre group called 'The Players'
  • Was awarded CNBC Manager of the Year in 1999.
  • Can Speak 4 languages
  • He also worked as a cinematographer under the pseudonym R. Siddarth
  • Has a brother, named Jayender.
  • Has acquired a cult following in Germany.

Siddharth Narayan - Quotes

[cinecurry]

• "I don't believe in luck. I am a self-made man. I believe in my talent and hard work."
  • "I am lazy unless I am passionate about something. I sign films that fuel my passion, and that's why I give 200%! As an actor, I am very proactive. I believe in homework, in rehearsals, and in following up with consistency."
  • "Aamir Khan is an inspiration. He is a hands-on actor, and I am very comfortable with him. His achievements have strangely made him very humble and easy to work with, which is a boon!"
  • "I don't believe in the star system. I would have wasted the next 20 years of my life and career if I had tried to be a star. I am here to be a creative professional. Currently, I want to make my name as an acting talent to be reckoned with."
  • "I still nurture dreams of becoming a director someday. I did not expect to be an actor. Now that it has happened, I want to be the best at it that I can be. I am learning everyday."
  • "I came into this line of work because this is my passion, and my dream. I definitely knew in my heart that I would be good at whatever I put my heart and soul into. Success is not a divine phenomenon. It rests firmly in your ability and ambition."

Siddharth and Amala team up!

IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, August 30, 2011]

Kollywood grapevine has it that the new pair in tinsel town is chocolate boy Siddharth and Tamil cinema's new sensation, Amala Paul! The duo will be seen together in a new film titled 'Kadhalil Sodhapuvathu Eppadi'.

It is said that this project will be directed by Balaji and have music tuned in by Thaman, while Y Not Studios will produce the film. Cinematography is said to be done by Nirav Shah.
However, an official announcement hasn't been made yet and it maybe mentioned that Amala Paul is currently busy with a Telugu project, due to which she opted out of Aishwarya Dhanush's biggie, '3'. Siddharth, on the other hand has tweeted that he has started work on a project with Y Not Studios.

Siddharth started his second innings in Tamil cinema through '180', looks like the actor is back on track again!

No Malayalam films for Siddharth just yet!

[cinecurry.com]

Actor Siddharth's kitty is too full. With films in five languages and his Tamil-Telugu bilingual getting ready for release Siddharth seems to be having problems managing his dates. So his debut in Malayalam that was supposed to get finalised shortly will not happen this year. Siddharth moved to Tollywood after making his debut through Shankar's Boys in Tamil. After becoming a popular actor In Telugu he will be making a comeback to Kollywood through 180. "I hope the film will open up opportunities for me to act in Tamil," said Siddharth during the audio launch of 180.

Siddharth feels sorry for not able to make it in Malluwood. I will take it up next year, says his Twitter update.

_Manpreet_ thumbnail
Wow Amazing job daa Shalini 👏ClapClap ... i love the tags you made hun ClapClap really amazing

I love many of Sids movie.. they have a good story line.. some of which are emotional.. its amazing how he is multi talented as well.. the song he sang in Oye  ⭐️.. i still listen to it now a days...

I have watched his recent movie 180... it was a good movie... not bad at all.. it was just sentimental
Edited by MP_Radha - 12 years ago
NerdBuster thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
hey awesome post :-)

i love love love Sid <3 he is sooo cute and talented **drools**. i loved and enjoyed all his films (that i have watched so far). i loved him most in Rang De Basanti and NVNV :-) although he was great in Bommarillu too :-)

thank you for making this post, great job !! :-)

hopper_ocean thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks. It was nice to read more about him. Loved him at boys. Did a good job there. Eagerly waiting for news and interviews about him 😍
Smiles-20 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Thank you Shalini for the wonderful thread.

Siddarth has had some great movies.  I liked NVNV with Trisha and Rang de Basanti.

Wishing him all the best.