Real Mom - Is She or Isn't She?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago
Guys this is the first time i am starting a thread...apologies for any bloops and blunders..

In todays episode..mummy shipra talked about giving birth to Priya...while in one of the previous episodes there was some reference of her not being the birth mom!!! so is she or isn't she?!?!?! 

Gets a little confusing. 

Thanks for the clarifications...in advance...
she is real mom.no confusion about that.
if there was a confusion its been cleared today completely 
yeaaa even i thought that...because at the beginning she was even treating her as if she was adopted or something but now i think she is her child...maybe the writers werent sure ke kahani kya banae ðŸ˜Š
There was an ambiguity before, in the minds of the viewers, because of the way that Shipra sometimes treated Priya. But there was never anything concrete from the show to say whether she was or wasn't her daughter, until now. 
Even I was thinking the same..there were so many speculations on Shipra being a step mom or not..so it was finally cleared in yday's episode..
Whether Shipra is her real mom or not, she redeemed herself totally by uttering that one sentence which touched all our hearts.."I may not have been a good mother, but you are a very good daughter Priya"...that brought tears in my eyes...very touching

Actually Shipra's characterization has been treated very 'down to earth' according to me...One moment she was shown loving and cherishing Priya and the next shown to be step-motherly towards her almost being cruel...that only a natural mother can do...I can totally identify her character of having a unmarried girl who is past marriageable age (according to Indian standards) and thus a headache and heartache for any parent...although she understood and appreciated the things Priya has given up for the family, she cannot ignore being a mom and a women what a life (of loneliness) will be as Priya gets older and when siblings grow naturally apart...found her characterization extremely identifiable with mom in a similar situation...

So true..Shipra's character has really evolved over the months..she began as a scatter-brained woman only focussed on Ayesha..but suddenly the writers changed that...the only thing I cant understand is what is wrong with Priya's father...he looks young enough to be her brother...but he doesnt seem to be working or anything...on and off they refer to his medicines..but he looks perfectly fit...