Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Tanya. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago

"KBC is a show where you earn knowledge through fun"- Big B

"KBC is a show where you earn knowledge through fun"- Big B

Amitabh Bachchan speaks about his show Kaun Banega Crorepation Sony TV that opened up a different chapter in his life...

It is an undeniable fact that all the seasons ofKaun Banega Crorepati have been an immense success. No other show has reached such great heights with every season. 

And again the legend Amitabh Bachchan is all set to recreate the magic with Sony TV's Kaun Banega Crorepati 5.

In a small conversation, Amitabh spoke about his experience in the previous seasons of the popular game show.

What is the one question that gets you irritated?
The one you asked just now, because I do not get angry so soon. 

You have inspired a lot of people through this show and have given dreams of becoming a millionaire.When was the first time that you earned your first one crore of Rupees?
Actually I do not remember when was the first time I earned that much. The one who can answer this correctly is the country's income tax department.

What is the importance of this show in your life?
It is a very important part in my life because when the show started back in 2000 many people have said that I will be letting myself down going from a 70 mm screen to a 50 mm television. Even my relatives had also said that I am making the biggest mistake of my life. When Star TV approached me for the show, the first question I asked was, is it possible for me to see the show being enacted? And they took me to London and to the studio where the real version of the show was being conducted. I was so impressed with the way they presented the show that I could not find any fault in it. I realized that this is a show where you earn knowledge through fun. And also through this show I got to interact with people who admire me and with who I did not get a chance to talk in person. Particularly in the last season I came across people who really proved that 'koi bhi insaan chota nahi hota and koi bhi sawaal chota nahi hota'. Also I met many people from places that I didn't even know they existed. For example there was a muslim lady who came from a remote place and from a conservative background. She had the confidence to come to Mumbai, perhaps for the first time, and got into the hot seat and won one crore rupees. Hence I believe that if given an opportunity and space, anyone can earn money and also prove that 'koi bhi insaan chhota nahin hota'.

We have also heard that you rehearse for the game at home as well, so who is the intelligent one at home who answers most of the right answers?
It is an unknown fact that when I rehearse at home, none of the members of the family are there; I used to play with the Sony members when they come home. But to be honest, Shweta is the most intelligent one among us. 

The show tagline says 'Koi Bhi Insaan Chhota Nahin Hota', is there anyone who has unexpectedly given you a hand to help you?
There are a lot who have helped in my personal life but the people who I had met last season have been really mind blowing. For instance, there was a person who could not study after primary school because of his financial constraints and had won 25 lakhs of rupees. I happened to meet him recently and he said that he has built a new house. But he also said that he has opened up a primary school in his village so that the kids could study. We do not get to meet such people in normal life and you feel really great when you meet such people. There was another person who stood against the entire village and sent his son to the show.  

Generally we see that the sequels of game shows fail to garner good TRPs. But you have been successful in that. Is it because of your Charisma?
Not at all. It is just the format of the game and the game itself is very strong. There are a lot of people behind it, a psychologist, a psychiatrist, scientist etc. The game is a success in almost 80 countries and I am not the host in all these 80 countries.

How will you describe your journey in KBC and how did you as a person develop yourself?
My general knowledge increased as I did not know many of the answers to many of the questions or how it had originated and the history behind it. That's very encouraging.

Do you give any creative inputs in the promotion because the promos have been great this time?
All the credit goes to Sony TV and their team as I do not give any inputs in that. I just do what they ask me to.  

Which was the subject that was difficult for you at school or college?
History. 

Reporter and Author: Saranya Valsarajan