Are we Asians Racists ????? - Page 3

Posted: 18 years ago
Wow Aji that was certainly racist . Very sad . Fortunately in the U.S its not so much towards Indians .
Nor it iz much towards any Asian Nation........So think bak again if we r the racists or they r the once......Do think abt it and dont depend on juz one soul...Allriteeeeee
These are my views only and please read further if you intend not to take any of these views personally and intend not to make any personal or indirectly personal attacks.

I think all of us are racists to a certain extent, Indian subcontinent, Asians, Caucasians, Africans, Latinos, everyone. Every community and race has a feeling of -our own people- and warm up more or less depending on this aspect atleast in their hearts. I have felt the warmth and the cold vibes depending on the place I am at.

How many Indians are comfortable with the idea of their children marrying outside of their religion or outside their race? Most people are not. It's still a matter of concern for many, it could be based off cultural differences, religious disparity or any such thing.

Out and out discrimination on the basis of caste is still present in modern day India. Reservations stifling young mindsets and promising the easy road to security is often the method of choice. This is casteism, a more devious and sick form of racism, only this attacks and classifies people per the sub sub sub category of race.

Americans used to be by far the most warm people until 911 which shattered their rose tinted glasses overnight. Now they are not so trusting anymore. They include and confuse their idiocy and their fear these days in their friendliness. All africans and caucasians are equally fearful of us as we are of them.

Yeah if I visit the seediest places in downtown NYC or LA I am going to be scared as hell when I see a dirty looking Latino or African or Caucasian hanging out near a liquor place doing nothing I'll run. I'd rather be safe than friendly. It's true that I would never react this way if this was an Indian, there are very few Indians in the US who are booked for crimes.

On the flip side one of my good friends was attacked after 911 on campus by his own undergraduate 18 something students who were drunk.
i thnk we jus need to take the person for who they r ...look at them as individuals...not judgin them n sayin oh no all african ppl r lik this ...or all italian ppl r like this so i won't be their friend. u kno wat i mean!
am not prejudice against anybody, i dont care if you have a different background or culture coz that doesnt matter.

wat matters iz that if a nice person who doesnt treat somebody different coz of their colour.

the uk iz supposed 2 be a multicultural society but people still suffer from racism.

sum -----edited------ (in england) act like they r tougher and different(in birmingham) but wat mzic do they listen 2?
HIP HOP, RNB AND RAPPIN PPL LIKE 50 CENT no offense but
this iz not the sort of muzic 2 listen 2 coz its rude .
but sum ------------edited-------------- r racist 2 them actlike them
hippocrits

----------edited for making negative comments towrds a race--------------
Edited by Aparna_BD - 18 years ago
Its not all asians...
i would say %60 are though.
And wether they are Pakstani, Indian, Chinese and so on.
It would only be ruining the names of those..right?
Then those people wil think all asian people are racists. so my veiw that all asians ARNT racist 😳